Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

Yip, poor conditions for a match so credit to both teams for putting in a decent performance under the circumstances.

The incident with Ding and Shorty was handbags stuff.  Ding was trying to run the ball out of ball, Shorty pushed him into the steps, Ding sholdered him, Shorty did the same back, ref booked both players, move on.

I wasn't in a great position to see the disputed point so have to accept the decision.  We had enough good chances in the last 10 mins to win the match but our shooting and sometimes over carrying the ball (EMC) let us down.

On a plus for us was JC making a comeback and LW on the bench hopefully coming close to a come back.  Although Scully had a great game (best player we've had over the last 2 seasons imo), JC's experience will help to tighten up our defence which has been leaking soft scores this year.

What did BMC get his 2nd yellow card for?

When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on July 17, 2011, 09:01:18 PM
Good win for Glenariffe today against St Johns, we could get out of the shit yet.

I thought you'd have too much to do but Ballycran have been decimated by lads off to America for the summer and are really down to the bare bones. I believe you've still to play them twice so anything is possible.

Glensman

Ulster GAA Fixtures:
Wednesday 20th July
Bord Gais Ulster GAA Under 21 Hurling Championship Semi Finals
(7.30pm, ET if necessary)

Antrim v Derry at Morgan Athletic Grounds Ref:  J Clarke (Cavan)
Armagh v Down at Casement Park Ref:  L McAuley (Antrim)

Think the Ulster Council have shot themselves in the foot with the Antrim Derry game being at the Athletic Grounds. A seriously stupid decision - if this was in south Derry somewhere, or in Creggan for example a big crowd would have turned out. Unless Derry travel in their droves then there will be a very very poor turnout.

NAG1

Unreal way to promote these matches, shows you exactly what sort of people are behind fixing these games.

I would say the Antrim lads would have be equally as happy to go and play it in South Derry as opposed to traveling to Armagh on a Wednesday night.

Last Man

Pretty sure this is dictated by Croke park lads, totally nuts.

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

maxpower

Benny McCarry got send off for talking back to the referee, second yellow card, although I think as Benny continued to talk back after receiving the second yellow he may have gotten a straight red after that. would be harsh
What happens next????

pdiddy

No excuse for that especially when his 1st yellow was for remonstrating to the ref. about a foul he thought he should have won. >:(
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Seamroga in exile

NAG1

Have also heard that a member of the LG public heading into the club house after a the match insulted GD on the way past with something that should never be used to insult anyone, be interesting to see if we hear anymore of this.

Last Man

Lads its hard to take I know but its very apparent the refs are being directed to penalize back chat and its time players got wise to that. I know having reffed a few minor matches in an unofficial capacity it's hard to listen to.

Seamroga in exile

It's best not to go judging until it has been proven. If it is the case then the perpetrator should be dealt with accordingly. Manys the thing is said at matches by supporters of all clubs.

NAG1

From what I was told was that it wasnt a matter of it being proven, it was said to him on the way past after the game. Just interested to see if he has it in his report and what will become of it.

Not the type of thing that anyone would make up and agree Exile that the perpetrator should be indentified and dealt with in the appropriate manner.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: NAG1 on July 18, 2011, 02:20:28 PM
Have also heard that a member of the LG public heading into the club house after a the match insulted GD on the way past with something that should never be used to insult anyone, be interesting to see if we hear anymore of this.

What was this?

NAG1

Wont be saying on here but I would imagine it wont be long until it is common knowledge anyway.