Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Loughgiel just scored to level in the last minute. Duffy is doing everything in his power to give it to dunloy.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

He just took away that point after he gave it.
Dunloy win by a point.

BlackandAmber

Why was the score disallowed?

Is the ref's bias a Loughgiel man's opinion or was he seriously biased?

Seamroga in exile

the umpire at the back post gave it. He blew his whistle and turned to run up the field. He was then stopped by some Dunloy players and told that the other umpire wanted his attention. He then sprinted (for the first time in the match) to that umpire. There was a discussion. He cancelled the point on the word of the near post umpire. Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is wrong. Surely the umpire at the back post (behind the goals as he was standing) has the better view? We were directly behind, it curled in over.

Also dunloy's no 13 tried to push ding into the steps at the pavillion when going for a ball. Surely a sending off. Not according to Duffy, he  booked both players. Towards the end another dunloy player pushed a loughgiel player into one of the dug outs. Nothing.

He had a poor game in general. He let too much slashing a slapping go. A very poor display in general from him.

Having said that, we should have been out of sight at half time. When, oh when, are we going to realise that all this hand passing and short passing in the backs doesn't work? We gifted them at least 5 points in the second half by doing this.

Rant over.  :)

ManInBlackandGreen

I hear different "Horse's mouth and all that", the Umpire on the back post was a Dunloy man who signaled wide, umpire on the the near was a Shamrocks man who gave the point. Then after discussion "both umpires agreed" it was a wide. The near post umpire which the ball passed is the wrong umpire to call the far post umpire usually calls those, I hear you lads videoed the match so that should either get your man off or on the hook, im sure he cant wait! So consider yourself educated Seamroga, and I would still in exile you'll never make a reporter.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on July 17, 2011, 07:44:43 PM
I hear different "Horse's mouth and all that", the Umpire on the back post was a Dunloy man who signaled wide, umpire on the the near was a Shamrocks man who gave the point. Then after discussion "both umpires agreed" it was a wide. The near post umpire which the ball passed is the wrong umpire to call the far post umpire usually calls those, I hear you lads videoed the match so that should either get your man off or on the hook, im sure he cant wait! So consider yourself educated Seamroga, and I would still in exile you'll never make a reporter.
Well, saying as I was there and didn't hear it from the horses mouth I'll take my own word on it. who mentioned anything about being a reporter? Blackandamber asked a question and I answered it. what about the other incidents?

Forever Green

Antrim Div 1 Hurling
Team 1 Score Score Team 2  Venue Comment  
Loughgiel  1-9 1-10  Dunloy  Loughgiel Round 11  
Cushendall      Portaferry  Cushendall  Not Played  
Ballycran 0-9 1-16  Ballygalget Ballycran Round 11  
Glenariffe  1-12  0-13  St Johns  Glenariffe  Round 11  

Antrim Reserve Hurling
Team 1  Score Score Team 2  Venue Comment  
Loughgiel      Dunloy  Loughgiel Not Played  
Cushendall      Portaferry  Cushendall  Not Played  
Ballycran 3-8 1-8 Ballygalget Ballycran Round 11  

Antrim Div 2 Hurling
Clooney Gaels  3-14  2-7 Shane O Neills  Ahoghill  Round 15  
Lamh Dhearg 1-10  0-3 Tir na Nog  Lamh Dhearg Round 15  
Rossa 3-11  2-17  St Galls  Rossa Round 15  

Antrim Div 3 Hurling
St Pauls 3-9 0-6 Glenravel St. Pauls Round 13  
Bredagh 1-10  5-15  Rasharkin Bredagh Round 13  

Antrim Div 4 Hurling
Davitts  1-10  0-5 St Galls  Davitts Round 10  
Sean Treacys  5-13  3-9 Mc Dermotts Lurgan  Round 10

ManInBlackandGreen

So in essence you: Watch a game from the worst position in the ground, spout on about an incident that you are totally and factually incorrect, have a pop and lambast one of the counties best referees, and make silly statements about incidents that happened over a hundred meters away from you, and forget to mention that your lads only scored 2 points in the second half, which of course you neglected to then mentioned during your silly little snippets during the game and have the ordacity to then give an overall assessment of the referees performance! Ask yourself this, why am I watching this from behind the goals?

Seamroga in exile

I wasn't watching it behind the goals, I was watching it from behind the player. Like I say, I was there, I know what I saw. Again there's  no comment about the other incidents. And I did say we should have been out of sight in the first half.

Explain this to me. Is a slash a foul or isn't It? Should it not be given as a free? or should you play on until the perpetrator of the foul's team get a free, then book that player?  But still reward his team the free?

Minder

Good win for Glenariffe today against St Johns, we could get out of the shit yet.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BlackandAmber

I didn't mean to start a row there lads.  We all see our own clubs matches ina certain light. Refs do a tough job and I'd say there's not more than 10 of them are completely biased against the Town ---- that's a joke !   ;D  just in case you didn't realise. But seriously we have to remmeber that we're totally biased ourselves but as well refs do make mistakes. We should try to start from the position that there's no malice.

Seamroga in exile

I agree, but sometimes refs have bad days. This was one of them.

maxpower

Alot of nonsense about the referee, gave plenty of 50/50 calls against us too. Perhaps the problem for Loughgiel is for years you had referee's sympathic to your drought, now you're on top to be knocked down.

1. The point was as B&A described and rightly ruled wide as it was at least 3 foot wide, how you can have a go at the referee for his decisions and claim this was a point is ludicrous
2. Shorty got booked for reacting to Ding, never anything more
3. Woody shoulder on Benny McCarry was right on the sideline and momentum carried him into the dug out, should you only shoulder in the middle of the field

Nonsense about the referee aside the game itself was poor as dictated by the atrocious weather conditions.  Both teams had difficulty in handling and striking, even with the wind.

Dunloy hurled superbly in the first 10 mins, and actually led despite the gale blowing in their faces, Loughgiel then took over, indeed over complicating the play probaly cost them another 2/3 point half time lead

The second half was all dunloy, Loughgiel swamped the defence as dunloy grinded away at the 6 point lead. Martin Scullion was excellent in this period and made light of everyone else's handling difficulties with many a superb catch.

Loughgiel engineered 2 frees against the run of play, both of which where dubious enough, but eventually dunloy got on top on the scoreboard, after which Loughgiel enjoyed their best period of the half creating but missing 2 scoring chances.

For Loughgiel Barney was superb in the first half and martin scullion fantastic in the second, a big plus for them the return of johnny Campbell who also hurled well. For us Sean Dowds was the best player on view with shorty and woody putting in huge performances.

How much can either team read into a game that possibly shouldn't have been played is hard to gauge, but it makes the league more interesting.
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

It's humourous how we have completely differing views of the game.

I'll agree with you about the decision to play the match. It was dangerous in certain areas of the pitch where the water was lying. I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been abandoned at half time. Also I agree that the two teams can't really take too much from the game.both sides were handicapped by the conditions. I would say that there isn't much between them at the minute.

NAG1

Woeful conditions for a match, shouldnt have been played.