Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Green

I would be worried about that team Dinny is playing. These lads might think it is only a matter of showing up for this match but Armagh will be really pumped up and ready to give it a go. Might be a big upset in this match

imtommygunn

All these guys are playing for places though so it's no bad thing from that regard and hopefully will avoid complacency.

I hope Armagh don't treat it as disrespectful - I think it's more against the ulster championship and priorities than armagh.

NAG1

Dont care about Armagh, Antrim should still be beating them out the gate with that team.

The guys who are not playing regularly should in theory be extrmely fired up for this to prove themselves now they have got their chance.

playwiththewind1st

At £13 a skull, there won't be a gate.

theskull1

With the leinster final on  :o . Completely headless
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

Has Dinny put his toys back in the pram?

Milltown Row2

Jonty is no mug, he knows the Antrim team really well, strengths, weaknesses and form of the players. Should Antrim fail to take the game to Armagh the we could have a shock on our hands
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 01, 2011, 10:00:43 PM
Jonty is no mug, he knows the Antrim team really well, strengths, weaknesses and form of the players. Should Antrim fail to take the game to Armagh the we could have a shock on our hands

Wouldnt matter what he is or isnt won't make a difference, silk purse and sows ear springs to mind. I dont care what team DC has picked the boys who come in could be more dangerous to Armagh than the regulars.

Good to see a 4th team coming into the mix but I think it says more about Downs state than it does about anything else.

Milltown Row2

True NAG1 about Down hurling. I'll hold judgement on selection till after game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clootfromthe21

Quote from: hardstation on July 02, 2011, 01:28:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2011, 01:16:13 AM
I'll not. Collie McFall at 14 is going to be interesting. He puts his hand up to every ball with his head buried between his knees.
First off.

So who would we prefer - Limerick or Galway??? Have to say Galway myself notwithstanding the big score tonight.

Minder

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 02, 2011, 08:55:55 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 02, 2011, 01:28:36 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2011, 01:16:13 AM
I'll not. Collie McFall at 14 is going to be interesting. He puts his hand up to every ball with his head buried between his knees.
First off.

So who would we prefer - Limerick or Galway??? Have to say Galway myself notwithstanding the big score tonight.

Galway would beat us really badly.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Forever Green

Fcuk playing Galway. At least we might have a chance of beating Limerick.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Forever Green on July 02, 2011, 09:02:56 PM
Fcuk playing Galway. At least we might have a chance of beating Limerick.

Don't agree lads. Galway are flakey - Limerick are on a mission under O'Grady. The Galway of tonight will hammer us, the Galway of Westmeath or Dublin, well . . .

Minder

Honestly Clute Galway would hammer us i dont see how you think we would bet them. As for the Westmeath game, they obviously thought it would be a walk in the park and got a scare. They were poor against Dublin but tell me how would Antrim cope with the Galway FF line of Hayes, Canning and Kerins? Kieran Mc Gourty had a hard time against the Carlow corner forward last week.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

This is the problem lads, Galway in that sort of form would be a handful for any of the top teams never mind Antrim.

We simply dont have anyone to cope with the combined threat of Canning, Hayes and Farragher. Have to say Farragher is one of the easiest players on the eye at the moment, always seems to have an age on the ball and a great eye for a pass. Great style.

Basically we are in a crap shoot too good for the middle tier but still way off the top tier. Dont think it matters really who we get.