Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

Heard a whisper- St.Johns should have won by more.

They had a couple of goals disallowed?

Again, i'm hearing Ray Matthews had a stinker - but thats coming from st.johns ;)
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

ManInBlackandGreen

Thought he was supposed to retire after last years County Final? Niggling injury I heard?

gelvis

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on June 20, 2011, 03:01:32 PM
Thought he was supposed to retire after last years County Final? Niggling injury I heard?

His personality?
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Just Puck It

Had a discussion with him the Tuesday after the county final...he told me he was going through a rigorous physio and training programme through the winter to keep him at it.  Agree gelvis, pity he couldn't find some sort of programme for his personality.  Complete bell end.

theskull1

Catch yourselves on ffs
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BlackandAmber

Quote from: theskull1 on June 20, 2011, 08:54:36 PM
Catch yourselves on ffs

Agreed.  We can all have opinions but slagging named people while hiding behind a username isn't on.

NAG1

Id reccomend removing both those posts.

Totally out of order for a man giving up his spare time to do a job that very few would do.

Milltown Row2

Agreed, i know the man well and he gives up a serious amount of work to referee games, remember he doesn't give a flying fcuk who wins these games, he like all the other referees (myself included) try and call it as you see it. Interpretation of the rules can be the thing that annoys supporters and players but if we didn't have referees we wouldn't have any games.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Applesisapples

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 21, 2011, 09:07:24 AM
Agreed, i know the man well and he gives up a serious amount of work to referee games, remember he doesn't give a flying fcuk who wins these games, he like all the other referees (myself included) try and call it as you see it. Interpretation of the rules can be the thing that annoys supporters and players but if we didn't have referees we wouldn't have any games.
I have to agree, Ray is one of the best ref's around. This is unfair comment. Ref's can make mistakes and have off days, this doesn't make them biased.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 19, 2011, 03:25:59 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 11:55:00 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 18, 2011, 11:51:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 12:48:11 AM
Houl on ffs, you've only just bettered Rossa and they have as many in football.
Yes, indeed. A proud moment for the Shamrocks. Rossa have a great tradition in Antrim hurling. I don't quite know what you mean by that. What's football got to do with anything? If we win a couple more championships we'll have won 19, top of the pile.
If...
Well, I wasn't going to say when, was I? We're much too modest for that in Loughgiel. It's inevitable really. Ballycastle and Rossa aren't going to win the championship anytime soon, more's the pity. And the near neighbours got close but the wheels are falling off the wagon over there. The white elephant is more important at the minute. Sure it's handy for us to use it in the winter.  It's good to get your priorities right though.  ;)

All I can see is Cushendall and Loughgiel sharing the championship for the next 5 or 6 years. It's a matter of time and one thing Shamrocks supporters have is patience. We will be top of the pile.

I think the point is that Rossa have managed to build up a big tally of championships despite being committed to dual codes. That is, BC and Sharwocks can concentrate on hurling over their history while Rossa effectively matched them with only half the resources/opportuinites as they committed to hurling also. What is more interesteing however is the current evidence show this is no longer possiible? Dual clubs are either dominant in one code, or mediocre in both! Although as a Belfast man myself note that the vast majority of dual clubs are Belfast based! Not half a clubs!

Joxer_man

btdtgtt Ballycastle are a dual club!!

Last Man

Quote from: Joxer_man on June 21, 2011, 01:40:31 PM
btdtgtt Ballycastle are a dual club!!
Aye Hurling and soccer.

NAG1

pdiddy

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 21, 2011, 09:50:02 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 19, 2011, 03:25:59 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 11:55:00 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 18, 2011, 11:51:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 12:48:11 AM
Houl on ffs, you've only just bettered Rossa and they have as many in football.
Yes, indeed. A proud moment for the Shamrocks. Rossa have a great tradition in Antrim hurling. I don't quite know what you mean by that. What's football got to do with anything? If we win a couple more championships we'll have won 19, top of the pile.
If...
Well, I wasn't going to say when, was I? We're much too modest for that in Loughgiel. It's inevitable really. Ballycastle and Rossa aren't going to win the championship anytime soon, more's the pity. And the near neighbours got close but the wheels are falling off the wagon over there. The white elephant is more important at the minute. Sure it's handy for us to use it in the winter.  It's good to get your priorities right though.  ;)

All I can see is Cushendall and Loughgiel sharing the championship for the next 5 or 6 years. It's a matter of time and one thing Shamrocks supporters have is patience. We will be top of the pile.

I think the point is that Rossa have managed to build up a big tally of championships despite being committed to dual codes. That is, BC and Sharwocks can concentrate on hurling over their history while Rossa effectively matched them with only half the resources/opportuinites as they committed to hurling also. What is more interesteing however is the current evidence show this is no longer possiible? Dual clubs are either dominant in one code, or mediocre in both! Although as a Belfast man myself note that the vast majority of dual clubs are Belfast based! Not half a clubs!

We've been called many things in the past but I think this is a first  ;D
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Gold

If Antrim beat Carlow are we in the 1/4 finals?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."