Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aontroim

Just heard on news that Glenarm club was paint bombed and their marquee was burnt last night ahead of their cross-community event as part of Dalriada festival today.  Useless cnuts starting the usual shite again at this time of year.

Forever Green

Quote from: aontroim on June 18, 2011, 06:02:18 PM
Just heard on news that Glenarm club was paint bombed and their marquee was burnt last night ahead of their cross-community event as part of Dalriada festival today.  Useless cnuts starting the usual shite again at this time of year.

Just the typical shite from the bigoted scumbags that live in Glenarm. Tensions have been running high between Carnlough and Glenarm for a good while now. This might just set it all of.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 18, 2011, 05:30:59 PM
Eldest's birthday party so didn't get up. Hear they allowed Westmeath back into in second half. It's a frustrating habit Antrim have shown for a long time.

Was three points in it after 15 minutes of the second half, Antrim fell asleep and kept playing high ball with the wind in the second half. got into gear after that.

They played some great hurling in the first half and took some great scores also
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Are the club matches on tomorrow??

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2011, 06:50:28 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 18, 2011, 05:30:59 PM
Eldest's birthday party so didn't get up. Hear they allowed Westmeath back into in second half. It's a frustrating habit Antrim have shown for a long time.

Was three points in it after 15 minutes of the second half, Antrim fell asleep and kept playing high ball with the wind in the second half. got into gear after that.

They played some great hurling in the first half and took some great scores also

Yes our defense steadied up a bit, but I though westmeath running out of steam (after a very intense 20 minute second half period of dominance) was the main factor for the turn around when it went to 3. WM worked the ball brilliantly in those 15-20 minutes. First half was top notch for Antrim with really intelligent play taking place all over the park, but we never got out of the blocks at the start of the second and began to panic clearances and deliver hit and hope ball up to the forwards when WM were taking the hand out of us with their possession game. Didn't react quick enough to that, but overall a fine display.

If they could get bring that first half display into the second, then I'd go to any game optimistic. I think they will learn from that game
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 12:48:11 AM
Houl on ffs, you've only just bettered Rossa and they have as many in football.
Yes, indeed. A proud moment for the Shamrocks. Rossa have a great tradition in Antrim hurling. I don't quite know what you mean by that. What's football got to do with anything? If we win a couple more championships we'll have won 19, top of the pile.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 11:55:00 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 18, 2011, 11:51:21 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2011, 12:48:11 AM
Houl on ffs, you've only just bettered Rossa and they have as many in football.
Yes, indeed. A proud moment for the Shamrocks. Rossa have a great tradition in Antrim hurling. I don't quite know what you mean by that. What's football got to do with anything? If we win a couple more championships we'll have won 19, top of the pile.
If...
Well, I wasn't going to say when, was I? We're much too modest for that in Loughgiel. It's inevitable really. Ballycastle and Rossa aren't going to win the championship anytime soon, more's the pity. And the near neighbours got close but the wheels are falling off the wagon over there. The white elephant is more important at the minute. Sure it's handy for us to use it in the winter.  It's good to get your priorities right though.  ;)

All I can see is Cushendall and Loughgiel sharing the championship for the next 5 or 6 years. It's a matter of time and one thing Shamrocks supporters have is patience. We will be top of the pile.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

I see silly season has arrived for some.  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 18, 2011, 12:23:04 AM
Quote from: ruairi on June 17, 2011, 06:39:35 PM
It is understandable though. They have done a decent job bringing through quite a number of players through their juvenile setup but at the moment really aren't benefitting from that.

Unfortunate position but you don't hear them on here complaining about it. I suppose its just a matter of getting on with it and getting a few of them back again.
Aren't every club missing players though, for whatever reason?  I think that interest in hurling has been waning in the town for some time. Which  is bemusing more than anything, considering their history. They've got some good young hurlers, but where are the experienced fellas to call on when the younger ones aren't available? It's a sad state of affairs when a club with the history of Ballycastle are struggling to field teams. I thought that things were picking up on Leyland road. If Ballycastle were stronger, Antrim would be stronger. I would love to see them contesting for Antrim titles again, but not until we've matched and bettered their tally, of course.   ;)

Understanding from ruari ogs I can live with but when the Shamrocks are feeling pity for us then I really know we're in deep doo doo!   :o

BlackandAmber

Tir na Nog  1-12 2-7 St Galls 
Lamh Dhearg  3-11 0-11 Carey Faughs 
Shane O Neills  0-6 1-19 Ballycastle
Clooney Gaels  2-9 0-17 Gort Na Mona 

OOOooooooooops!  Galls have slipped here though Tir Na Nog gave the town plenty recently too.

BlackandAmber

St Johns  1-20 1-16 Dunloy 
Ballygalget  1-16 2-12 Glenariffe 
Loughgiel  2-16 2-9 Cushendall

More evidence of the decline of Dunloy and an important result for Loughgiel.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BlackandAmber on June 19, 2011, 08:03:15 PM

OOOooooooooops!  Galls have slipped here though Tir Na Nog gave the town plenty recently too.

Wasn't at the game, playing for the reserves but heard we weren't great and couldn't match Tir Na Ogs hunger, they are a battling team with a couple of handy hurlers on their team.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2011, 08:21:50 PM

Wasn't at the game, playing for the reserves but heard we weren't great and couldn't match Tir Na Ogs hunger, they are a battling team with a couple of handy hurlers on their team.

They're a hard working side.  A lot of heart.  Nobody beats them easy.  I think the Town beat them by 12 in the very first game but after that they've had good results and even their last defeat by the Town by 8 points was a late goal by the Town that made it look a bigger difference than it should have been.

Adding:

Just had a look at their website 'cos I wondered about the age profile of their team

http://tirnanog.moonfruit.com/#/hurling/4531080063

have a look at the names of their panel.......... ;D

no big stars!  LOL

I don't know anyting about them other than their performances this year but there must must be work going on there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BlackandAmber on June 19, 2011, 08:40:32 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 19, 2011, 08:21:50 PM

They're a hard working side.  A lot of heart.  Nobody beats them easy.  I think the Town beat them by 12 in the very first game but after that they've had good results and even their last defeat by the Town by 8 points was a late goal by the Town that made it look a bigger difference than it should have been.

Adding:

Just had a look at their website 'cos I wondered about the age profile of their team

http://tirnanog.moonfruit.com/#/hurling/4531080063

have a look at the names of their panel.......... ;D

no big stars!  LOL

I don't know anyting about them other than their performances this year but there must must be work going on there.

That's class!!  Never heard of the Bloggs from Randlestown

NAG1

Quote from: BlackandAmber on June 19, 2011, 08:07:20 PM
St Johns  1-20 1-16 Dunloy 
Ballygalget  1-16 2-12 Glenariffe 
Loughgiel  2-16 2-9 Cushendall

More evidence of the decline of Dunloy and an important result for Loughgiel.

Heard it was a heavily depleted Dunloy side dont think they will be in a worry about that one, good results for St Johns and LG. Wonder how Dinny feels about the games going ahead, all the word from casement from within the camp was that the games were off!