Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Tomorrow night NAG?

The game is at 3.00
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

well you get my meaning, even more time then for the clubs to be told that their games are not happening  ;)

johnneycool

Ballycastle have cancelled their reserve game with us.

How a town the size of Ballycastle can't put out two adult teams (over 16's) tells its own tale.

NAG1

Think they also had a failed to field in that at the weekend against Dunloy JC.

Says alot about them and the direction they are heading IMO

the colonel

From hoganstand

Antrim hurling manager Dinny Cahill has made wholesale changes to his team for tomorrow's All-Ireland hurling qualifier against Westmeath at Casement Park.

Chris O'Connell returns in goal, Ciaran Herron switches from left half back to midfield to partner Paul Shiels, Neal McAuley returns from suspension at left half back, Kieran McGourty comes in at left corner back and James Black at top of the left.

Dropped from the side that lost to Wexford in the Leinster SHC quarter-final are Sean Hawes, Kevin Molloy, Barry McFall and Eddie McCloskey.

Antrim (SH v Westmeath): C O'Connell; C McGuinness, C Donnelly, Kieran McGourty; A Graffin, M Herron, N McAuley; P Shiels, C Herron; S McCrory, K Stewart, N McManus; C McCann, D Hamill, J Black.
the difference between success and failure is energy

AQMP

Quote from: the colonel on June 17, 2011, 12:48:15 PM
From hoganstand

Antrim hurling manager Dinny Cahill has made wholesale changes to his team for tomorrow's All-Ireland hurling qualifier against Westmeath at Casement Park.

Chris O'Connell returns in goal, Ciaran Herron switches from left half back to midfield to partner Paul Shiels, Neal McAuley returns from suspension at left half back, Kieran McGourty comes in at left corner back and James Black at top of the left.

Dropped from the side that lost to Wexford in the Leinster SHC quarter-final are Sean Hawes, Kevin Molloy, Barry McFall and Eddie McCloskey.

Antrim (SH v Westmeath): C O'Connell; C McGuinness, C Donnelly, Kieran McGourty; A Graffin, M Herron, N McAuley; P Shiels, C Herron; S McCrory, K Stewart, N McManus; C McCann, D Hamill, J Black.

Is Hawes not injured rather than dropped??

ruairi

JC I would think they have found themselves extremely short staffed at senior level. i would imagine they wouldnt have predicted anything like this a couple of years ago. If you think of the people they are missing at senior, this will mean they would have to play reserves in their place. Think who they are missing.

ryan mc garry - oz
hippy - county
mc auley - county
matthew donnelly - county
cossie - presuming injured
peter dallet - working in england
michael dallet - suspended
Shane Jennins - football
Ciaran Clark - football

God knows who else is missing due to exams at the moment aswell. i would think any team would struggle to field a good senior team while missing 9 starting seniors, this would prob mean their reserves would be ridiculously short. 

Just Puck It

Quote from: ruairi on June 17, 2011, 06:05:07 PM
JC I would think they have found themselves extremely short staffed at senior level. i would imagine they wouldnt have predicted anything like this a couple of years ago. If you think of the people they are missing at senior, this will mean they would have to play reserves in their place. Think who they are missing.

ryan mc garry - oz
hippy - county
mc auley - county
matthew donnelly - county
cossie - presuming injured
peter dallet - working in england
michael dallet - suspended
Shane Jennins - football
Ciaran Clark - football

God knows who else is missing due to exams at the moment aswell. i would think any team would struggle to field a good senior team while missing 9 starting seniors, this would prob mean their reserves would be ridiculously short.

Obvious evidence of this is the extremely poor team they put out in the Feis Quarter Final last night - it was the skeleton of their reserve team that we beat last week, 7.16 to 1.5.

ruairi

It is understandable though. They have done a decent job bringing through quite a number of players through their juvenile setup but at the moment really aren't benefitting from that.

Unfortunate position but you don't hear them on here complaining about it. I suppose its just a matter of getting on with it and getting a few of them back again.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: ruairi on June 17, 2011, 06:39:35 PM
It is understandable though. They have done a decent job bringing through quite a number of players through their juvenile setup but at the moment really aren't benefitting from that.

Unfortunate position but you don't hear them on here complaining about it. I suppose its just a matter of getting on with it and getting a few of them back again.
Aren't every club missing players though, for whatever reason?  I think that interest in hurling has been waning in the town for some time. Which  is bemusing more than anything, considering their history. They've got some good young hurlers, but where are the experienced fellas to call on when the younger ones aren't available? It's a sad state of affairs when a club with the history of Ballycastle are struggling to field teams. I thought that things were picking up on Leyland road. If Ballycastle were stronger, Antrim would be stronger. I would love to see them contesting for Antrim titles again, but not until we've matched and bettered their tally, of course.   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Just Puck It

Half Time

Antrim 2:16 - 1:09 Westmeath

the colonel

Conor McCann with both goals
the difference between success and failure is energy

maxpower

That's an impressive start to championship hurling for young McCann, 3:5 in 2 and half matches! Heard nothing off him coming through
What happens next????

AQMP

Quote from: Just Puck It on June 18, 2011, 03:45:22 PM
Half Time

Antrim 2:16 - 1:09 Westmeath

Full Time

Antrim 2-25 Westmeath 1-19

Cork stick ten goals past Laois

Tony Baloney

Eldest's birthday party so didn't get up. Hear they allowed Westmeath back into in second half. It's a frustrating habit Antrim have shown for a long time.