Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

miserable evening, but sure its only June, can't wait to the summer hurling starts.

Surprised the match even went ahead last night with the county out next week,
What happens next????

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Forever Green on June 13, 2011, 12:04:03 AM

Tir na Nog seem to be performing well this season. They have ran Ballycastle close twice now in the league. Safe to say Glenarm are already down unless they can pull of some big results away from home

The result of their first maych was Tir na nog 0-13 Ballycastle 3-16 and there were 8 points in it yesterday.

But to be fairBallycastle scored a late goal that made the scoreline look a little better for them.  Tir na Nog competed strongly but Hippy is starting to look like he's getting back to form after his op as well as Pinky who was just back from hols last week. I thought Neal had been a bit inconsistent  after last year's USA trip but now he's starting to look strong & commading again and with Cozzie playing well that's a pretty strong spine.  With a couple of players still to come back I'm now optimistic about the league anyway.

BlackandAmber

Is the future Orange?

Armagh 0-14 Down 1-10

What happened here?

pdiddy

Quote from: Forever Green on June 12, 2011, 02:21:06 AM
Anybody at the Loughgiel game? Heard Loughgiel were lucky to come away with the win as Sarsfields dominated but couldn't put their chances away

Loughgiel started poorly but found their feet after about 15 mins and finished the half off well.  Sarsfields played really well in the 2nd half but hit alot of long range wides where maybe a low ball into the full forward line might have been a better option. I think a lot of our boys thought they had the game won at half time but fair play to Sarsfields they came out strong in the 2nd half.  Very young Sarsfields team (8 minors i think) so would expect to see more of them over the next couple of years.

As for the last couple of frees I thought they were justified in keeping with the pattern of the game - Skinny had a good game but tends to be a bit whistle happy.  Always up with play, fair and doesn't miss much.  I think if he starts to let play go a bit more he could be an excellent ref imo.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

Better team beat IMO.

Loughgiel are getting into a nice knack of winning matches that they are dominated in, I would say the won the u21 final on 30-40% of the play. Sarsfields will look back at this one and wonder how it got away, it was lost along the line, players were continually taking the wrong option in possession without correction from the line.

Good to see them back at this level and was a young team for sure, so hopefully they will be around for a while.

aontroim

Quote from: AhJaysusRef on June 13, 2011, 12:34:25 AM
8 points is hardly close...

Does someone else go down from Div2 with Glenarm or is it still one up one down?

Think i vaguely remember hearing it was 2 down in Div 2 & 3 (only 1 up) to bring it back to 8 teams per league for next season (apart from Div 4)

scamroc

Quote from: aontroim on June 13, 2011, 11:57:08 AM

Does someone else go down from Div2 with Glenarm or is it still one up one down?

Think i vaguely remember hearing it was 2 down in Div 2 & 3 (only 1 up) to bring it back to 8 teams per league for next season (apart from Div 4)

Div 2 is 2 down 1 up to make it 8 teams next year. Div 3 is 1 down 1 up as it already has 8 teams

Glensman

Quote from: scamroc on June 13, 2011, 04:37:02 PM

Div 2 is 2 down 1 up to make it 8 teams next year. Div 3 is 1 down 1 up as it already has 8 teams

Does anyone else think it should be two teams up and down?
Makes it more competitive and games mean more - will come a stage were certain teams will know they are safe and not be able to compete for the league. Dangerous fielding weakened teams.

Milltown Row2

Have been saying it for years!! The clubs vote not to.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

scamroc

Quote from: Glensman on June 13, 2011, 06:20:33 PM

Does anyone else think it should be two teams up and down?
Makes it more competitive and games mean more - will come a stage were certain teams will know they are safe and not be able to compete for the league. Dangerous fielding weakened teams.

What about bringing back the play-off system? Gives more teams more to play for right to the end of the season.

imtommygunn

I'd agree that play-offs make a lot of sense. Season, meaningfully, lasts longer for a lot more teams then and helps with standard with less meaningless matches.

Milltown Row2

But it would still need to be two up two down, competitive to the end.

A lot of div 2 teams will be crapping themselves come near the end of the season. Gorts, ourselves, and Rossa have not played in that league for a long time (don't think Rossa ever had)

Can you imagine the div 1 league if it were two down? be some gurning if one of the big teams were put in that position
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

aontroim

If Div 3 has 8 teams and 2 come down from Div 2 that makes 10.  One team promoted to Div 2 leaves 9.  One promoted from Div 4 leaves 10 again, so need to have 2 relegated?

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2011, 09:28:01 PM
But it would still need to be two up two down, competitive to the end.

A lot of div 2 teams will be crapping themselves come near the end of the season. Gorts, ourselves, and Rossa have not played in that league for a long time (don't think Rossa ever had)

Can you imagine the div 1 league if it were two down? be some gurning if one of the big teams were put in that position

Yep ideally, in my view, one automatic promotion, one automatic relegation and play-off between second bottom and second top.

Division 1 appears tighter now down at the bottom. With Ballycastle and the then down champions ballycran making their way to division 2 over the last few years bigger teams seem to be in the mix anyway.

scamroc

Quote from: aontroim on June 13, 2011, 10:08:06 PM

If Div 3 has 8 teams and 2 come down from Div 2 that makes 10.  One team promoted to Div 2 leaves 9.  One promoted from Div 4 leaves 10 again, so need to have 2 relegated?

Alright carol vorderman, alright!  ;D It'll take the clubs to propose and vote for it though (play-offs etc.) so with a bit of effort we can help improve the current stagnant league structures.