Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

I gotta confess firstly I was not at the Glenarm Rossa game but was talkin to both the Rossa crowd last night and a neutral caravanner in Carnlough!
Basically Rossa had to scrape a team together(cant blame anyone there surely?!) but no ref arrived. A Glenarm boy refereed and in fairness it sounded farcical! Bias/cheating GAA style but the my rossa mate tells me there was a few blatent moves pulled by ref & sideline resulted in some fighting etc - I think Glenarm will get some welcome when they arrive to Rossa later in the year!
Surprised by poor quality hurling in Castle game I think both sides have quality there with Hippy McAuley Ciaran Kelly and Galls have Karl S and the mc gourts.

btdtgtt

Seems to be a bit of to and from on the County Website concerning club aontroma but its been heavily censored - anyone know what thats about?

DearyMe

Rossa game was one sided inparts, but Clooney Gaels never gave up.

The whole Glenarm game thing  is a nonsence - Rossa didnt travel well, fullstop!

Scoreline doesnt tell us a lot about the ballycastle/galls game, although i expected the town to edge it at home. ;)

Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

btdtgtt

Well deary me I agree - Rossa certainly didnt travel well although infairness the team they hand certainly sounded enough to win. As for the ref I will give them some cause - I mean Glenarm didnt have a single point in the league then all of the sudden they ref a match themselves and beat one of the stronger teams?! Lets face it thats hardly coincidence.

But I cannot agree with u on the Rossa Clooney game! The whole thing was flat and never a contest (one sided in parts?!) I mean i actually walked down and watched some of Sarsfields game! oney might not have given up but Rossa did! They replaced all their forwards! I think u are well out on your analysis there!

What about hannahstown have u any info there? Gorts seem to be in freefall both football and hurling?

Seamroga in exile

Shamrocks' first championship of the year!    ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Tony Baloney

Helped by two dubious late frees according to the Andytown News man on the ground.

Seamroga in exile

Forever Green

Anybody at the Loughgiel game? Heard Loughgiel were lucky to come away with the win as Sarsfields dominated but couldn't put their chances away

maxpower

Cushendall beat loughgiel 1:12 to 012 in the feis. Loughgiel had penalty saved and Sean Delargy made a super hook late on to deny goalscoring chance
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Forever Green on June 12, 2011, 02:21:06 AM
Anybody at the Loughgiel game? Heard Loughgiel were lucky to come away with the win as Sarsfields dominated but couldn't put their chances away
The Paddy's had 16 wides, Shamrocks had 11. Apparently they thought the last two frees to Loughgiel were "dubious". Well some reporter on the Andytown news did. Funnily enough they looked justified from where I was standing. What I will say is that if Sarsfields had as much talent as they have endeavour they'd have won it easily enough.

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 12, 2011, 09:15:50 PM
The Paddy's had 16 wides, Shamrocks had 11. Apparently they thought the last two frees to Loughgiel were "dubious". Well some reporter on the Andytown news did. Funnily enough they looked justified from where I was standing. What I will say is that if Sarsfields had as much talent as they have endeavour they'd have won it easily enough.

Say what you want about the Angrytown News but they are always to be relied on to be totally biased and unfair to the team playing against a Belfast team.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on June 12, 2011, 09:19:16 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on June 12, 2011, 09:15:50 PM

Say what you want about the Angrytown News but they are always to be relied on to be totally biased and unfair to the team playing against a Belfast team.
The Paddys have a great midfielder in young McKiernan. He hit 8 scores and 10 wides. A bit of shot practise wouldn't go amiss there. They have the potential of good wee team there for next couple of years.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: maxpower on June 12, 2011, 08:39:59 PM
Cushendall beat loughgiel 1:12 to 012 in the feis. Loughgiel had penalty saved and Sean Delargy made a super hook late on to deny goalscoring chance
Did you get as soaked as I did? It was showing 4 degrees this evening on the car dash.

Forever Green

Today's results:
Rossa   2-10   3-7   Lamh Dhearg   Rossa   Round 10   
Carey Faughs   0-13   1-14   Clooney Gaels   Carey Faughs   Round 10   
Gort Na Mona   1-15   0-7   Shane O Neills   Gort Na Mona   Round 10   
Ballycastle   1-14   1-6   Tir na Nog   Ballycastle   Round 10   
Antrim Div 3 Hurling
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
Cloughmills   2-9   0-13   Sarsfields   Cloughmills   Round 9   
Rasharkin   2-6   2-10   Glen Rovers Armoy   Rasharkin   Round 9   
Glenravel   2-8   0-7   Bredagh   Glenravel   Round 9   
Antrim Div 4 Hurling
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
St Galls   0-5   3-4   Mc Dermotts   St. Galls   Round 7   
All Saints   1-5   7-11   St Teresas   All Saints   Round 7   
St Agnes   1-6   1-14   Davitts   St. Agnes   Round 7   
St Endas   5-11   0-3   Ardoyne   St. Endas   Round 7   

Tir na Nog seem to be performing well this season. They have ran Ballycastle close twice now in the league. Safe to say Glenarm are already down unless they can pull of some big results away from home

AhJaysusRef

8 points is hardly close...

Does someone else go down from Div2 with Glenarm or is it still one up one down?