Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearyMe

St.Galls are favourites?

Interesting, although i will wait on the result before i believe that B&A! Is this perhaps a little bit of gamesmanship?

You have done nothing put talk the town down-i doubt you really mean it!

I'll be up at Rossa - fancy Clooney Gaels might be closer than people think!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnneycool on June 08, 2011, 10:34:43 AM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on June 08, 2011, 10:31:21 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on June 08, 2011, 09:32:37 AM

Speaking of those clubs  - I think Galls will fall to Castle this week whioch shoulod be the start of the end of div2.

I hope you're right there butI wouldn't be so sure. I think St Galls will give the Town everything and maybe more than they want.  I can't see too much in it and the way the Town is with players missing & so on  St Galls should be favourites maybe.

Should be a good game so I hope it dries up and stays calm.

It's in ballycastle Tommy.

In this instance its safe for you to use 'us and 'we' when talking about your home club BlackandAmber, that is if you are who you say you are???

Awful lot of conspiracy theories creeping into this thread...

BlackandAmber

Quote from: johnneycool on June 08, 2011, 10:34:43 AM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on June 08, 2011, 10:31:21 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on June 08, 2011, 09:32:37 AM

Speaking of those clubs  - I think Galls will fall to Castle this week whioch shoulod be the start of the end of div2.

I hope you're right there butI wouldn't be so sure. I think St Galls will give the Town everything and maybe more than they want.  I can't see too much in it and the way the Town is with players missing & so on  St Galls should be favourites maybe.

Should be a good game so I hope it dries up and stays calm.

It's in ballycastle Tommy.

In this instance its safe for you to use 'us and 'we' when talking about your home club BlackandAmber, that is if you are who you say you are???

I know what you mean johnny but as I'm just a supporter rather than a player or anybody involved in the club sometimes the "we" or "us" sounds a bit presumptious.

north_antrim_hound

gutted to hear young clarke and maybe Jennings going to soccer especially when both was going to make county panel no probs. If Clarke prefers soccer to hurling theres nothing we can do about that but wish him good luck. I would envisage that he will try it and get disillusioned and come back to the small ball some day. This is a big blow to the town WHO where starting to produce enough quality players to have a crack at a county Senior very soon.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

DearyMe

I'm sure Ballycastle will be fine North Bound!

btdtgtt

I think the gamesmanship is from the Milltown men! They are playing down their position but they still deserve credit - castle to win however and the table will take shape.
Clooney will give Rossa all they want also - I heard their game at Glenarm was a farce and it will knock them back after good results it finally puts their league challenge to bed also. Clooney are a better team than their results suggest.
Anyway - we will know more by tomorrow!

DearyMe

Dunno how you determined that 'btdtgtt'!

The majority seems to be about 'the town'!

But hey, its all good!  was just reading Paul Galvin rumoured to be going to Belfast?anyone?

Last Man

Quote from: DearyMe on June 08, 2011, 02:59:45 PM
Dunno how you determined that 'btdtgtt'!

The majority seems to be about 'the town'!

But hey, its all good!  was just reading Paul Galvin rumoured to be going to Belfast?anyone?
Heard that rumour to but would only be interested if he was for swinging the timber which I believe he's not averse to.

BlackandAmber

Ballycastle 4-06 St Galls 1-07

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Glensman on June 08, 2011, 08:55:08 AM
Quote from: Buswhacker on June 07, 2011, 10:44:10 PM
Who was the last player from N.Ireland to really make it big across the water,probably Geordie Best .As Minder says,playing for Ballyclare,Dungannon Swifts or Donegal Celtic is hardly going to make anyone a fortune playing in front of fifty people every week.Giving up Gaelic games is something that a young player could regret for the rest of his life.

Depends what you call "big". I wouldn't mind getting the following players wages:
Chris Baird
Kyle Lafferty
Gareth McAuley
Maik Taylor
etc

I just don't understand why he has to choose one or the other at this stage in his career. If he is that good and on the verge of a trial with an English club then fair enough - concentrate on soccer for a year. If not there is no reason why he can't play both hurling and soccer. Burnout smurnout.
I agree with different parts of different arguments here but can empathise with the position that a few years down the line, if he is plying his trade in Div 1/Div 2 of the NI soccer league he may miss out on an under 21 championship or two and the step up to Ballycastle seniors contending he may regret this.
Maik Taylor isn't from here. He's a kraut as far as I know.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Will talk about match later Black and Amber. Both teams didn't play well at all
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2011, 10:35:09 PM
It was disappointing. Conditions were poor with the rain and the wind seemed to be fairly strong but even allowing that both teams will not be happy with their performances.  The Town of course will be happy with the points but too many not playing up to expectation. They looklike a team in need of inspiration and it ain't there on the pitch or on the sideline,  Still with the 4 already talked about missing, another 2 injured and 1 suspended maybe that's harsh.
St Galls started slow and didn't offer a lot of threat except for 3 or 4 very nicly worked points in the second half.

I don't think that game told us anything about either of the teams real potential.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BlackandAmber on June 08, 2011, 11:22:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2011, 10:35:09 PM
It was disappointing. Conditions were poor with the rain and the wind seemed to be fairly strong but even allowing that both teams will not be happy with their performances.  The Town of course will be happy with the points but too many not playing up to expectation. They looklike a team in need of inspiration and it ain't there on the pitch or on the sideline,  Still with the 4 already talked about missing, another 2 injured and 1 suspended maybe that's harsh.
St Galls started slow and didn't offer a lot of threat except for 3 or 4 very nicly worked points in the second half.

I don't think that game told us anything about either of the teams real potential.

No it didn't. I'd say we'd be happy come the return game in Belfast that hopefully we will reverse the scoreline. Second half we got it down to 4, we made a couple of dodgy changes and ya's came out of that with an 8 point lead!!

Only a point between them so all to play for
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Sounds like the weather ruined the game in Ballycastle? Altho in the long run the town will be happy at the end of the day the result is all that matters.

I was at Shaws Road for the Rossa Clooney game - non event. Rossa won at a canter I think they ended up replacing their entire forward line to give subs a game. But for Glenarm lads - sorry could not resist that! The Rossa folk on the hill still seething about that game - no ref turned up and Shane O'Neills guy pulled a corker to secure their first win lol!

I dont see BC bein shifted from the top of the table - depending on Gall football commitments the top3 will probably finish in that order as Rossa have serious problems getting their players on the pitch.

What and Hannahstown anyone? A bright start but they have gone quiet must be collecting draw money.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: btdtgtt on June 09, 2011, 09:33:25 AM
Sounds like the weather ruined the game in Ballycastle? Altho in the long run the town will be happy at the end of the day the result is all that matters.

I was at Shaws Road for the Rossa Clooney game - non event. Rossa won at a canter I think they ended up replacing their entire forward line to give subs a game. But for Glenarm lads - sorry could not resist that! The Rossa folk on the hill still seething about that game - no ref turned up and Shane O'Neills guy pulled a corker to secure their first win lol!

I dont see BC bein shifted from the top of the table - depending on Gall football commitments the top3 will probably finish in that order as Rossa have serious problems getting their players on the pitch.

What and Hannahstown anyone? A bright start but they have gone quiet must be collecting draw money.

The standard was poor and I don't think the weather can be blamed completely for that.   Dunno what the reason was.  Maybe for the Town there was still a bit of a hangover from the Monday night U21 non performance and I suppose some of those lads are playing minor U21 and senior and can't be at 100% all the time.   With fingers firmly crossed they can only get better :)

Tell more about this Glenarm/Rossa business.