Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Joe Edwards looking for clubs to reschedule sunday games to midweek as far as I know. Thank god we've only one away game left in Antrim.

imtommygunn

The draw may be a good draw for us but we can take nothing for granted.

Westmeath gave Galway a hell of a run last week and it has to be remembered Galway are much better than Wexford so that game is far from a given.

If we win that Carlow owe us one from last year too.

theskull1

A good draw for both Antrim and Westmeath. Antrim have to get their scoring average up if they are to have any chance.

I hope none of the panel are take that fans  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

Only a man going to see take that would know if there's a date clash  ;)

theskull1

It only takes a minute .....to google search  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

I dunno what's worse - the joke or the fact I got the joke  :o

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2011, 12:34:02 PM
Doing enough to not get relegated thats all dearyme.

Some Alex Ferguson talk there MR. 6 games unbeaten and doing enough to stay up - I don't think so! You're making division 2 more interesting anyway - division 3 looks to be very competitive too.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 06, 2011, 08:01:53 PM
I dunno what's worse - the joke or the fact I got the joke  :o

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2011, 12:34:02 PM
Doing enough to not get relegated thats all dearyme.

Some Alex Ferguson talk there MR. 6 games unbeaten and doing enough to stay up - I don't think so! You're making division 2 more interesting anyway - division 3 looks to be very competitive too.

Possibly, but to be really honest we were lucky not to be relegated last year and the form wasn't great. So with 2 from div 2 going down this year it was important to start well. New management in place and young players and fringe players claiming positions on the team. Would love to take the good form into the Dunloy game, as winning games can only be positive. But we have only played 6 games so no one is getting carried away
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sammymaguire

'89 Olcan McFetridge no.12 in the all time greatest hurling goals now on TG4, What a belter!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: sammymaguire on June 06, 2011, 09:12:14 PM
'89 Olcan McFetridge no.12 in the all time greatest hurling goals now on TG4, What a belter!

Semi final against Offaly?

He'd the full scouser thing going on in those days, belting goal that got us to the All Ireland. Way things are now with the current format we'll be very lucky to get there again :( :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Loughgiel stuffed Cushendall 1-16 to 1-4 in U-21 semi final and i heard Sarsfields shocked the Town in the other one. Can anyone confirm the Sarsfields score?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on June 06, 2011, 09:47:36 PM
Loughgiel stuffed Cushendall 1-16 to 1-4 in U-21 semi final and i heard Sarsfields shocked the Town in the other one. Can anyone confirm the Sarsfields score?
I'm just back from it myself. I thought that they weren't going to play it at the beginning because of the state of the pitch. And what's the crack with the length of the pitch in Armoy? Is it really of a high enough standard to be playing  championship hurling? The 2 65s are within touching distance of other.

On another note, a great win for the young fellas. No doubt the final will be in Casement now that the Paddy's are in the final.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on June 06, 2011, 09:47:36 PM

That would be a shock alright, fair play if they did, the beat us by 4 the other week and have decent strong players throughout the team.

Milltown Row2

Sarsfields did beat Ballycastle up in Glengormley tonight 1-10 to 0-9.

Fair play Kevo

Last Man

Paddies a man down after 10 mins looked more up for it than the town IMO.  I think their  no.7 told Skinny to "f**k off", pity about his big mouth for he looked fairly handy, had a couple of great catches and clearances before seeing red.  The town were too short on fire power, def could have done with Clarke and Jennings. Keevo was the leader in MF and Daniel McKernan was clinical with his chances when he got them, whereas B'castle bottled it in front of goal a couple of times. there was only a couple in it with 5 to go but when McKernan got the goal it was over as a contest.
Word round the ground was that Clarkey has packed in hurling for the bright lights of the Irish league, any truth in that?

bloodybreakball