Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on May 21, 2011, 10:39:08 PM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on May 19, 2011, 12:43:11 PM
Quote from: DearyMe on May 19, 2011, 12:35:35 PM
What happened to Ballycastle on Sunday anyone?

Bit of a hefty defeat.

I hear the entire panel was out winged in the Castle Bar the night before
O'Connors, actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp7kdKJuml4&feature=related
It'll never be O'Connors to me.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

aontroim

DearyMe

chances this weekend?
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

Milltown Row2

Players coming back from injuries, suspensions and debutants having made an impression last week bodes well for an otherwise daunting trip to Wexford.

Wexford are no world beaters but have had the measure over Antrim in Championship. We hammered them in Dunloy in the league a few years ago and the Wexford team is not much different from then.

Having wrote them off last time (well sort of) I think Antrim will go down in better spirits than before, hopefully knowing they can beat Wexford
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clootfromthe21

Quote from: pullhard on May 20, 2011, 10:24:00 AM
Will the injured lads make it back for wexford game? Is neals red card going to be appealed? will winker return to the fold?

According to (an article - not the forum) on Hoganstand, Hippy, Shane and Eddie are all available for Sunday.

Think it would be important to have Hippy back, particularly if Wexford play Banville in at full forward.

Milltown Row2

would be great to have a Hippy back for that game, Banville is a beast of a guy who runs at ya when he has the ball.

Whats the best position for Shane on the Antrim team? Dinny has played him everywhere bar defence. too good a player not to be playing and if playing corner forward i don't think he gets enough ball down one wing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Must be frustrating for him - Shane is a quality player, although has his moments.
As said, cant leave him out.
Hippy being back is crucial though , he has been training well by all accounts, lets hope hes ready!
looking forward to it!

Milltown Row2

This game could be a lot closer than what the bookies think, we are plus 6, and though Wexford played in a higher league this year i don't (hope)think it will matter come throw in time. Good start required, (unlike last game) would give the lads confidence and the chance to win.  2-14 to 2-15 Antrim win

Just Puck It

Wexford V Antrim

1 Christopher O Connell

2 Christopher McGuinness
3 Cormac Donnelly
4 Kevin Molloy

5 Aaron Graffin
6 Michael Herron
7 Ciaran Herron

8 Paul Shiels
9 Barry McFall

10 Simon McRory
11 Karl Stewart
12 Neil McManus

13 Conor McCann
14 Darren Hamill
15 Eddie McCloskey

Milltown Row2

Decent team with plenty of strength in the right areas, Good to see Hippy back in and Neil further outfield, very strong half forward line and equally strong half back line.

good platform to go on and win match

imtommygunn

Looks like a strong enough team. Good to see Donnelly back especially if there's a big man in full forward. Him and Banville (it is Banville isn't it?) would be a ding-dong battle.

Very strong half forward line we have there - the FF line perhaps a little light however I guess a few guys can alternate.

Wexford will fully expect to win this game and, to be honest, to a lot of people it would be a big shock if we win this but I think we can do it. Games like this are why we're in Leinster. When we played Wexford last and they, barely, beat us they had a full championship campaign at that intensity they talk about and we had nothing - this time we're on an even keel in that regard bar the division one thing but league hurling isn't the same.

Milltown Row2

I suppose with Shane on the bench he's great to come on as a impact sub, Wish i was heading down, have a christening (I'm Godfather) on the Sunday so i'm booked!!

TheGeneral

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2011, 07:25:54 PM
I suppose with Shane on the bench he's great to come on as a impact sub, Wish i was heading down, have a christening (I'm Godfather) on the Sunday so i'm booked!!

From What i here shanes not 100% and may not be able to attend on sunday
Goals win championships

Milltown Row2

Quote from: TheGeneral on May 26, 2011, 10:46:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2011, 07:25:54 PM

From What i here shanes not 100% and may not be able to attend on sunday

Well that's disappointing for Shane and Antrim, I hope he gets better soon as he really is a quality player when fully fit and in form.

Still think we can do well here regardless, I hope it's online somewhere, Christening on at one so I'll be finished early enough

DearyMe

N Breen

P Roche
M O'Hanlon
K Rossiter

L Prendergast
C Kenny
M Jacob

W Doran
D Redmond

PJ Nolan
H Kehoe
S Banville

R Jacob
E Martin
J Berry

Team to play Antrim - will Banville play out there?  I think he will, plenty of scores from this team. Although perhaps average 1 goal a game in national league.
Will be interesting.