Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Antrim

If a club other than his own or county are looking him to do a few sessions with there seniors or wotever in the evening....do you not think he wud derserve "expenses"........i hate this idea in Antrim that you should do it for nothing. Look at it this way, if you need a plumber to fix something at your house, you would have to pay him. Now if a coach who has worked hard at developing his skills and built up a reputation, then should he not get paid to help sort out the problem at your club. Now i do agree at your own club we rely and shud expewct our own club ,men to  do it for free. It is what makes up our association. But asking outsiders - will cost "expenses"

milltown row

Seamus is a grand fella we had him down for a few weeks 3 years ago and he took the training, brought in new tactics and he got a big response from the squad. all clubs are paying something for coaching or management so why not, if the club has it and it works out then go ahead.

In saying that, i've been out of pocket for years, but thats my choice

johnneycool

Quote from: Syd on May 30, 2007, 11:05:42 AM
Skull would i be off the mark with this opinion of Seamus Elliott that i have heard from several people? "He wouldnt take a s*ite without looking paid" Its just something i always hear when his name comes up.......

I can vouch that the above statement is utter bollocks. He travelled down to Ballygalget two three times a week and would barely take travelling expenses.

Syd

Is the Antrim Team on Hogan Stand correct? Simon Mc Crory corner forward  ???  ???

Tony Baloney

Quote...would barely take travelling expenses.

But he did take them then?!

johnneycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 30, 2007, 01:11:32 PM

On one instance they were threw through the window at him, so I suppose he had no other option.

Syd was giving the impression that Seamus discusses money first before 'he'd take a shite'. I can only speak from our clubs experience but obviously Syd has other experiences he'd like to share with us.

Syd

Quote from: johnneycool on May 30, 2007, 01:22:05 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 30, 2007, 01:11:32 PM

On one instance they were threw through the window at him, so I suppose he had no other option.

Syd was giving the impression that Seamus discusses money first before 'he'd take a shite'. I can only speak from our clubs experience but obviously Syd has other experiences he'd like to share with us.

This opinion of him came from people from Dunloy and fellas that have hurled under him.

Syd

Quote from: the colonel on May 30, 2007, 01:29:47 PM

interesting, no pinky on the 15, as well as barney who deserves to play. really surprising that paddy mcgill is playing, along with simon crory. good to see tosh back starting though. instead of a big full forward line with tosh & pinky we have a small light 1. tosh only player over 22 in the forward line. lack of experience when it comes to the crunch could be a problem

I think Pinky is injured, he didnt play against us on Sunday. Cant believe Mc Crory is on. That team should beat Down but further down the line when the opposition gets tougher it wouldnt beat eggs.

girt_giggler

very suprised to see mcrory there. unsure of reasons why barney not starting again, been most consistent player iver course of past year or so for club/county.  should still be too strong for down.  looking forward to Sunday for the triple header, although with the admission price ive heard it could keep plenty away on what could have been a bumper crowd at casement.

milltown row

Richmond i think is injured, not surprised Karl Stewart has not made the team, he has not played for us this year in the league

Syd

Quote from: milltown row on May 30, 2007, 02:42:13 PM
Richmond i think is injured, not surprised Karl Stewart has not made the team, he has not played for us this year in the league

Milltown i know you are involved with St Galls and maybe cant comment, but what is the nature of Stewarts falling out with the hurlers?

Ruairi Og exile

Some suprises on team, especially McCrory in at corner forward. Paddy McGill has been in great form over last couple of weeks for Club & has impressed at training & against Dublin. Think Paddy Richmond isnt starting as he'll not be there for the qualifiers due to his wedding. I presume Pinky is injured like Syd said. Think the likes of Paddy & McFall might be needed if the going gets tough on Sunday...as stated very young forward line.Not suprised Kettle is starting.....appartantly Sambo & Woody big fans of his.Very good hurler he is.

milltown row

can't comment lads, but these things happen.

Syd

Quote from: milltown row on May 30, 2007, 03:12:22 PM

Fair enough, i would nearly go as far to say he shouldnt be involved with County if he isnt involved with club.

Noname

Quote from: Syd on May 30, 2007, 03:20:33 PM
Quote from: milltown row on May 30, 2007, 03:12:22 PM

Fair enough, i would nearly go as far to say he shouldnt be involved with County if he isnt involved with club.

nearly go as far syd.............He doesnt play for his club........quite simply he shouldnt be involved with the county at all.

btw.....he wouldnt be on my first team anyway, so its all irrelevent.