Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Didn't post my own thoughts before the game because I hadn't seen a lot of the players, certainly not in the positions they played. But fair game that was a big result and TBH was needed to justify Antrims inclusion in the Championship.

Surprised at McAuley getting red, as said not the type, but is discipline a worry for Antrim this year or just unlucky, 3rd Red so far.

I'm assuming Hippy & Eddie and possibly Kevin McKeague will all be available for wexford!
What happens next????

Minder

Good win for Glenariife today against Portaferry, 3-12 to 0-9.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Heard Cushendall hammered Dunloy. Dunloy missing a lot?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

A good win for the shamrocks down in Ballycran.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

eoinbeag

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2011, 11:42:46 PM
Aye, more than likely not born during the strikes and the effect it had at the time, I've a good mate who'd take him up on the offer of a pastie supper

you know me

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 15, 2011, 06:55:50 PM
Heard Cushendall hammered Dunloy. Dunloy missing a lot?

Not enough to merit the spanking we took.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

I see Rossa beat Ballycastle handy today, Maybe they wont go up as soon as they have expected
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Good result for the Antrim boys, Laois are never easy to beat in their own backyard. Wouldnt be overly worried about Wexford I believe they are now on a par with the likes of Antrim Laois etc so other than the fact it is Wexford park dont see any major reason to be concerned.

This result was a Dinny special in the fact that he is the master of dampening any expectation before the championship by treating the league with distain. So hats off to him.

imtommygunn

Delighted with that result on saturday and great to read that guys like Conor McCann and some other newcomers were starring.

I don't think we have any reason to fear Wexford. I still believe our game against them in 2002(I think? - the year before the Cork debacle) was one we could and should have won. I think Padraig Horan did us no favours that day and with a rub of the green or a decision or two we would have won.

The dub guy Hiney wrote us off but then he wrote uis off last year in croke park against them and look how that turned out for him.

Interesting to hear Farrell saying we have forwards that would trouble most teams. We have been weak enough in forwards over the last few years so maybe some of these younger guys are what we need in there.

theskull1

Yeah 1 - 21 is good nicking at this level so it's good to see a forward threat developing. The issue of the limited range of out and out scoring forwards in Antrim was identified a few years ago and I suppose it takes a few years for it to be addressed in the playing population although I do think this needs attention for a few years right through the agegroups. Really pleased for young Conor McCann and indeed all the lower divison men who I hear accounted for themselves more than admirably. You could tell 4/5 years ago that he wanted to be where he was on Saturday night, so for him to have had such a good debut on a big day for Antrim Hurling was great. The more SW hurlers shaping up at County level can only strengthen the game. 

NAG1

What was the craic in the league game yesterday then skull?

maxpower

The craic Nag was Cushendall where a much better team through out with Dunloy very dissapointing.

The first half was keenly contested, both team fielded strong and credit to the county men for lining out so soon after the Laois game.  It looked like we'd go in at HT level but Cushedall scored 2-1 in the last mins of the half.

On the resumption scored another goal within 5 mins and the game was up.  Neil McManus was superb and Cushendall look to have a good balance to their team once again
What happens next????

theskull1

First 25mins was even enough but throughout the game our touch and handling of the ball was very poor whereas Cushendall's was top drawer. 5 or 6 didn't look half interested when Cdall to a man upped their game which was championship level at times. Maybe that's just me but I seen some fairly unconvincing efforts from some yesterday. Maybe it was just one of those days.

Milltown Row2

Dall peaking a wee bit early?

Atticus_Finch

What's the story with Liam Watson ?  Is he injured ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."