Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fairhead on May 12, 2011, 09:38:02 PM
Quote from: Onthehill on May 12, 2011, 03:31:10 PM
Lads give the team a chance. Do you honestly think that you all know better than the management in Antrim?

I'm surprised at some of the inclusions in the team alright, some of them I havent seen playing before, but I'm willing to put my trust in Dinny and the management. They are of course the ones with experience and Dinnys championship track record isnt that bad.

By all accounts the results against the teams they played last weekend were good. From the antrim twitter they put up alot of scores. Hopefully this can happen on Sat.

Pity about the time of the game. Would loved to have went to it. Think someone mentioned midlands radio will have it on.

I agree with you Onthehill about giving them a chance. I dont think people are taking in to account the calibre of the 4 injured and 1 suspended player that we are missing. They would all be on the starting 15 if available and Antrim cant afford to be missing that number of good and important players to the team.

However is Dinny putting on the 4 debutants instead of more experienced heads (McCrory, McGourty etc) with the attitude of giving them championship experience and if we lose we still have the qualifiers with some of the missing players back?

As far as Wexford is concerned if Antrim win it is due to be played in Wexford Park. Dont think they will want to give that up.

I thought it was pencilled in for a double header at Croke, before the Dublin Galway game
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fairhead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 12, 2011, 11:13:40 PM

I thought it was pencilled in for a double header at Croke, before the Dublin Galway game

Your getting ahead of yerself MR; its the Dublin Offaly game that has been moved to Croke Pk on Sunday May 29. Its fixed for 2.00pm for tv so unlikely they will have a senior championship game on before it at 12.00. Anyway according to the fixtures list if Laois win tomorrow they will play Wexford in Portlaoise; if Antrim win they go to Wexford Park.

NAG1

In the shape Wexford are in at the minute they will be looking for every advantage that they can get to start a run off in the championship. So doubt if they would concede anything regardless.

Lecale2

Why were St John's disqualified from Feile?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 13, 2011, 03:10:23 PM
Why were St John's disqualified from Feile?

Never heard this? Over aged players?  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

concrete_boots

have heard they played an unregistered player brought on as a sub for a run on near the end of the game . although apparently the sent the forms to the county and asked the county to ring back if there was any problems but they didnt hear from the county so they thought it was ok.

Milltown Row2

9min Its a free for Antrim and its easily scored to give Antrim a three point lead.
6min Goal for Antrim by S McCrory who was named on the bench but has started the match.
4min Laois get the opening point from Sean Burke
1min Match underway, Laois have the wind.
0min Its going to be a very tight encounter in O'Moore park this evening. There is a huge breeze so it will be interesting to see who plays with the breeze in the first half.

Milltown Row2

26min Laois get a goal, they now lead by three. Neil Foyle finishes to the net.
25min Matt Whelan gives Laois the lead but they give away a silly free and the sides are level again.
24min Laois really should be in front, they have been totally in charge for the last fifteen minutes.
21min Hyland makes up for his wide with a free from a point.
20min Another poor wide from Wille Hyland this time he is going for a goal but misses the target.
17min Nice point from a free for Wille Hyland to get Laois back to within one, he followed that with a poor wide.
15min Great chance for Laois to get a goal but Houlihan's first touch was very poor.
13min Couple of poor wides from both teams who have both hitting three astray.
11min Jimmy Walsh brings Laois back to within two point with a nice point form play.
9min Its a free for Antrim and its easily scored to give Antrim a three point lead.

Goal, but come on 2 points in half a hour, are we playing into a strong wind?

Milltown Row2

Seems Antrim are playing into a breeze, Happy days

aontroim

Neal McAuley straight red! 1 point in it.

Milltown Row2

Antrim up by 2 now, Armstrong point

Seamroga in exile

level going in to last 5 mins
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hurler on the Bitch