Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 11, 2011, 03:28:08 PM
Strange team. Does McGuinness not normally play forwards? Surprised at James Black & Conor McCann starting. McGourty injured or dropped? Paddy Doc called up recently obviously.

I can't see us winning with that team unfortunately

Feeling less and less confident as the game approaches.

Would have started McGourty and McCrory. We could do with McManus further out the field, but we have no one to go in full forward.

the colonel

Who the f**k are Conor McCann and Mark Rea?

Graffin has never played FB at senior level although I don't think there hasn't been many other options.
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Can this be the real team starting? Don't see the other Donnelly lad on the team, No Loughgiel players, is this lad Black the "Claw" More meat on a tooth pick!! McGuinness is a classy player, very young but good stick man, would prefer him up front. Playing McManus in full forward will work if we get enough ball into him.

Maybe things are shaping up well at training ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Surely it will be good for hurling in Antrim for lower division hurlers with ambition to see so many representatives from Div2 and 3. Hopefully will kick Div1 hurlers up the ass a bit as well.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pullhard

Quote from: pullhard on May 11, 2011, 03:35:37 PM
mcmanus at 14 ??

surely hes too good for 14. He needs to be out the field. Unless there going to be playing a 2 men full forward line?

Milltown Row2

Yes skull that will certainly buck up their ideas!! Bloody cheek of those top flight hurlers, snobs the lot of them

Antrim Coaster

I was looking forward to going to this match but Im not so sure if Im going to go now after seeing the team.

Cant understand why Dinny keeps repeating that he uses the league to look at players yet Conor McCann has not played in any league games and Dinny picks him for a championship match after a training weekend and a couple of friendlies. 

I believe he was on the minor team a couple of years ago and is a brother of Thomas McCann from Creggan.

However his inclusion completely baffles me as he has no experience whatsoever.

Antrim should have been using the last few games of the league to start getting tuned in for the championship match with Laois
and Dinny at least should have had an idea of his starting 15.

Against Limerick Antrim were very poor, first touch was bad and they looked lost, yet Dinny seems to think that they can get ready
for a championship match in 3 - 4 weeks.

The Limerick match should have been used to gage how the team was shaping up in preparation for the Laois match.

Unless Laois are in a bad way Im not sure if Antrim can get a result on Saturday evening

imtommygunn

It really is a bizarre team to put out. There's also a Conor McCann from Gort NaMona isn't there?

Whole league campaign to look at guys and then boys like McGourty on the bench after a whole league campaign.

Still on past c'ship form Dinny has done well so I will trust his judgement for the time being...

Good to see Shields back and we have a few boys who are hitting towards the end of their careers so maybe no bad thing introducing some of these young boys.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2011, 10:55:45 PM
It really is a bizarre team to put out. There's also a Conor McCann from Gort NaMona isn't there?

Whole league campaign to look at guys and then boys like McGourty on the bench after a whole league campaign.

Still on past c'ship form Dinny has done well so I will trust his judgement for the time being...

Good to see Shields back and we have a few boys who are hitting towards the end of their careers so maybe no bad thing introducing some of these young boys.

Shields has been playing some games in the league, McGourty has had a broken finger for a while so maybe he's not playing due to an injury.

Like you imtommygunn, Dinny has made his name at championship games and i hope it's the same for Saturday night. Would like to get out to Croke for a game against Wexford, who are beatable

NAG1

Fearful of this match, although Dinny does save his best for Championship.

IMO Laois have been on a faster upward curve than ourselves. Am actually tired of these team selections to be honest, I am all for giving youth a chance but what is the point of the league if not to try these players out which Dinny always says the league is for anyway.

Even saying that, there is a massive difference in tipping around in Div2 NHL than the white hot pace of Championship hurling no matter how well anyone is going in training.

Onthehill

Lads give the team a chance. Do you honestly think that you all know better than the management in Antrim?

I'm surprised at some of the inclusions in the team alright, some of them I havent seen playing before, but I'm willing to put my trust in Dinny and the management. They are of course the ones with experience and Dinnys championship track record isnt that bad.

By all accounts the results against the teams they played last weekend were good. From the antrim twitter they put up alot of scores. Hopefully this can happen on Sat.

Pity about the time of the game. Would loved to have went to it. Think someone mentioned midlands radio will have it on.

Milltown Row2

Have already said that Dinny's record in Championship (Bar Cork a few years ago) is grand but we can debate on whether the team is up to the mark. Like I have said would like to get to Croke to play Wexford and see where we end up after that.

Saturday it is Midlands radio, they are seriously biased though!!

Fairhead

Quote from: Onthehill on May 12, 2011, 03:31:10 PM
Lads give the team a chance. Do you honestly think that you all know better than the management in Antrim?

I'm surprised at some of the inclusions in the team alright, some of them I havent seen playing before, but I'm willing to put my trust in Dinny and the management. They are of course the ones with experience and Dinnys championship track record isnt that bad.

By all accounts the results against the teams they played last weekend were good. From the antrim twitter they put up alot of scores. Hopefully this can happen on Sat.

Pity about the time of the game. Would loved to have went to it. Think someone mentioned midlands radio will have it on.

I agree with you Onthehill about giving them a chance. I dont think people are taking in to account the calibre of the 4 injured and 1 suspended player that we are missing. They would all be on the starting 15 if available and Antrim cant afford to be missing that number of good and important players to the team.

However is Dinny putting on the 4 debutants instead of more experienced heads (McCrory, McGourty etc) with the attitude of giving them championship experience and if we lose we still have the qualifiers with some of the missing players back?

As far as Wexford is concerned if Antrim win it is due to be played in Wexford Park. Dont think they will want to give that up.

CountyGK

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on May 11, 2011, 04:26:54 PM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 11, 2011, 03:28:08 PM
Strange team. Does McGuinness not normally play forwards? Surprised at James Black & Conor McCann starting. McGourty injured or dropped? Paddy Doc called up recently obviously.

I can't see us winning with that team unfortunately

Feeling less and less confident as the game approaches.

Would have started McGourty and McCrory. We could do with McManus further out the field, but we have no one to go in full forward.

I wouldn't be surprised to see McGourty and McCrory starting - dummy team?