Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: groundlie on May 06, 2011, 02:07:27 PM
Unfortunalty some clubs cannot affrod to be resting players!

My point exactly but it shows that the issue of player welfare is again left in the hands of the club.

pdiddy

Quote from: johnneycool on May 06, 2011, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: Fairhead on May 06, 2011, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: Glensman on May 06, 2011, 12:41:32 PM
I see (as someone may have mentioned earlier) that the fixtures are off the Antrim website for Divisions 1, 2 and 3.

Anyone know if this was an oversight or are they actually considering calling off all thise games this Sunday. If so that is a complete disgrace. 6 days to a match.

Admittedly it affects a smattering of Division 2 teams but Division 3:

Sarsfields    St Pauls    I believe 2 Sarsfields men have been called up at a late stage. Won't start. No St Pauls.
Armoy    Cushendun No players on panel – as far as I am aware
Bredagh    Cloughmills No players on panel – as far as I am aware
Glenravel    Rasharkin    No players on panel – as far as I am aware

The administrators get on their high horse re games being played over Easter. Fixtures are (in the main) fulfilled and then they/CCC do this.

I hope I am jumping the gun.

This is the 10 day rule for inter-county games and therefore its up to the county management to decide to pull the county players from these games. If they do that then the clubs can decide to go ahead or not so in this case i dont think its 100% the county boards fault. However you could question why the county set fixtures for this Sunday knowing the Laois game is next weekend but as JC says above it looks like Loughgiel are set to play without their county players so 1 fixture will at least be out of the way.

If Down hurling management had of invoked the 10 day rule we wouldn't have struck leather this year.

Surely the 10 day rule can only be invoked for Championship Hurling ???? ???
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

Regarding this 10 day rule and clubs being left to consider player welfare on their own

Do you boys not know we've an all Ireland to win  :-\
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

They had their training weekend last weekend which ment another round of games was skipped. I think the squad needs as much preparation as possible as the league was shaky. Any ideas of a starting team after last week? Did anyone emerge from the shadows?
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Not looking forward to this, i know we should beat Laois but they manage to give us a hard game every year we play them. Very accurate from frees and have beaten Clare this year already.

They will be in good shape, better than we have of late and i listened to the league match this year and they were first to every ball and only for McManus scoring a fair amount of frees we would have been beaten by more!!

Spoke to Stewarty afterwards and he said that they played crap and just couldn't get going that day and Laois played at a higher tempo from the very start.

Obviously the game next week will have a bigger meaning than the league but I'm hoping we pull it together and get past Laois to play Wexford (I think)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: pdiddy on May 06, 2011, 03:03:16 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 06, 2011, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: Fairhead on May 06, 2011, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: Glensman on May 06, 2011, 12:41:32 PM
I see (as someone may have mentioned earlier) that the fixtures are off the Antrim website for Divisions 1, 2 and 3.

Anyone know if this was an oversight or are they actually considering calling off all thise games this Sunday. If so that is a complete disgrace. 6 days to a match.

Admittedly it affects a smattering of Division 2 teams but Division 3:

Sarsfields    St Pauls    I believe 2 Sarsfields men have been called up at a late stage. Won't start. No St Pauls.
Armoy    Cushendun No players on panel – as far as I am aware
Bredagh    Cloughmills No players on panel – as far as I am aware
Glenravel    Rasharkin    No players on panel – as far as I am aware

The administrators get on their high horse re games being played over Easter. Fixtures are (in the main) fulfilled and then they/CCC do this.

I hope I am jumping the gun.

This is the 10 day rule for inter-county games and therefore its up to the county management to decide to pull the county players from these games. If they do that then the clubs can decide to go ahead or not so in this case i dont think its 100% the county boards fault. However you could question why the county set fixtures for this Sunday knowing the Laois game is next weekend but as JC says above it looks like Loughgiel are set to play without their county players so 1 fixture will at least be out of the way.

If Down hurling management had of invoked the 10 day rule we wouldn't have struck leather this year.

Surely the 10 day rule can only be invoked for Championship Hurling ???? ???

The Christy Ring is meant to be championship hurling, Groundie and Down have had games the last three saturday's on the bounce.

Poor day up with the bodies yesterday for us (becoming a bit of a habit) where we played with the wind in the first half and I think were a point down at half time, then a turkey shoot in the second. It was far from a strong Loughgeil team as well. Our training and attitude at it needs stepped up big time, but its hard to do with half the team away with the county every other night.

JamesH

Gents any truth in the rumour that Chrissy o Connell has walked from County panel? Stephen Mc Ginn (WHO) yep has come in as a replacement, he plays for Carey.

maxpower

Why would a player train and play all winter only to drop out a week before the Leinster Championship.
What happens next????

NAG1

From what I heard there are very poor attendances at training with some players picking and choosing their sessions.

Not great preparation regardless

Milltown Row2

Was going to head down but seven start is a tad late. would have to stay over, pay all that money and they aren't training as they should!! radio it is
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

It is a very bad time for the game, will put alot of people off I would say.

clootfromthe21

Team for Saturday night from County Website:

Laois V Antrim, Saturday 14 May 7pm, Portlaoise.

1 Christopher O Connell

2 Christopher McGuinness
3 Aaron Graffin
4 Kevin Molloy

5 Neil McAuley
6 Michael Herron
7 Ciaran Herron

8 Paul Shiels
9 Barry McFall

10 Shane McNaughton
11 Karl Stewart
12 James Black

13 Conor McCann
14 Neil McManus
15 Karl McKeegan

16 Sean Hawes
17 Darren Hamill
18 Thomas McCann
19 Simon McCrory
20 Colm McFall
21 Kieran McGourty
22 Michael Armstrong
23 Conor Carson
24 James McCouaig
25 Paddy Doherty
26 Mark Rea

Two Hands FFS

Strange team. Does McGuinness not normally play forwards? Surprised at James Black & Conor McCann starting. McGourty injured or dropped? Paddy Doc called up recently obviously.

I can't see us winning with that team unfortunately

pullhard

Two Hands FFS

He's played there in the last couple of league matches