Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 03, 2011, 01:32:00 PM
I would hope so. Games not played at the weekend because the county had weekends away (training ;)) so the county have fixed games around the County teams.

Our seconds playing St Enda's so our game will go ahead Last Man
Can hardly wait!! ;D

Lecale2

Are the hurling league fixtures going ahead on Sunday? Antrim play Laois on 14th May.

NAG1

Non in the paper yesterday so Id guess not.

johnneycool

they're still on the Antrim GAA website.

ruairi

cushendall st Johns game is cancelled. I assume the rest of the matches are aswell.

johnneycool

Quote from: ruairi on May 04, 2011, 11:37:16 AM
cushendall st Johns game is cancelled. I assume the rest of the matches are aswell.

It now looks like the senior games are cancelled, but the reserve games are going ahead.

NAG1

Cant see many reserves teams traveling on their own?

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on May 05, 2011, 11:25:56 AM
Cant see many reserves teams traveling on their own?

We'd prefer not to travel, but a £300 fine may force our hand, plus its more likely now that the refixed games will be played midweek so no reserve game.

Milltown Row2

You'll be going down with a stronger team. though so will they!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

We're still taking two teams up to Loughgiel on Sunday, so they must be happy enough to play minus their county players, not sure how many they have as I think there was only one playing against Down a few weeks ago.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on May 05, 2011, 04:38:14 PM
We're still taking two teams up to Loughgiel on Sunday, so they must be happy enough to play minus their county players, not sure how many they have as I think there was only one playing against Down a few weeks ago.

Loughgiel would have at least 3 teams. No bother to them, PJ probably still playing for the seconds
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

I see (as someone may have mentioned earlier) that the fixtures are off the Antrim website for Divisions 1, 2 and 3.

Anyone know if this was an oversight or are they actually considering calling off all thise games this Sunday. If so that is a complete disgrace. 6 days to a match.

Admittedly it affects a smattering of Division 2 teams but Division 3:

Sarsfields    St Pauls    I believe 2 Sarsfields men have been called up at a late stage. Won't start. No St Pauls.
Armoy    Cushendun No players on panel – as far as I am aware
Bredagh    Cloughmills No players on panel – as far as I am aware
Glenravel    Rasharkin    No players on panel – as far as I am aware

The administrators get on their high horse re games being played over Easter. Fixtures are (in the main) fulfilled and then they/CCC do this.

I hope I am jumping the gun.

NAG1

Player welfare when it suits them and not when it suits the clubs!

Any clubs with any type of squad would be resting their starting boys the next day anyway.

Fairhead

Quote from: Glensman on May 06, 2011, 12:41:32 PM
I see (as someone may have mentioned earlier) that the fixtures are off the Antrim website for Divisions 1, 2 and 3.

Anyone know if this was an oversight or are they actually considering calling off all thise games this Sunday. If so that is a complete disgrace. 6 days to a match.

Sarsfields    St Pauls    I believe 2 Sarsfields men have been called up at a late stage. Won't start. No St Pauls.

The administrators get on their high horse re games being played over Easter. Fixtures are (in the main) fulfilled and then they/CCC do this.

This is the 10 day rule for inter-county games and therefore its up to the county management to decide to pull the county players from these games. If they do that then the clubs can decide to go ahead or not so in this case i dont think its 100% the county boards fault. However you could question why the county set fixtures for this Sunday knowing the Laois game is next weekend but as JC says above it looks like Loughgiel are set to play without their county players so 1 fixture will at least be out of the way.

johnneycool

Quote from: Fairhead on May 06, 2011, 02:15:41 PM
Quote from: Glensman on May 06, 2011, 12:41:32 PM

This is the 10 day rule for inter-county games and therefore its up to the county management to decide to pull the county players from these games. If they do that then the clubs can decide to go ahead or not so in this case i dont think its 100% the county boards fault. However you could question why the county set fixtures for this Sunday knowing the Laois game is next weekend but as JC says above it looks like Loughgiel are set to play without their county players so 1 fixture will at least be out of the way.

If Down hurling management had of invoked the 10 day rule we wouldn't have struck leather this year.