Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Just Puck It on April 23, 2011, 02:06:12 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 23, 2011, 11:43:17 AM
Quote from: concrete_boots on April 22, 2011, 01:42:38 PM
St Johns   Glenariffe   Corrigan Park   23/04/2011   18:30   Hugh Torney   Round 2   St Johns
Portaferry   Cushendall   Portaferry   24/04/2011   12:30      Round 2   Cushendall
Ballygalget   Ballycran   Ballygalget   24/04/2011   15:30   Ray Matthews   Round 2   Ballycran
Dunloy   Loughgiel   Dunloy   24/04/2011   16:30   Terry Reilly   Round 2  Dunloy

Just my pick for this weekends games
I fancy the shams by at least 6 points. Dunloy are getting progressively worse. They remind me of us about 2 years ago.

Fixed for you.  No bother :P
We weren't that bad 2 years ago.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Joxer_man

think Ballycastle are certs to go up now from Division 2. Very tight to see who goes down, i reckon its between st galls and glenarm, 2 very bad outfits!  :-\

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Joxer_man on April 25, 2011, 01:41:41 PM
think Ballycastle are certs to go up now from Division 2. Very tight to see who goes down, i reckon its between st galls and glenarm, 2 very bad outfits!  :-\

Is that based on the current league standings? Played two won two, seems ok.

Seems Dunloy give Loughgiel a hurling lesson yesterday.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 25, 2011, 03:09:53 PM

Loughgiel had a very weakened team out yesterday. Don't read too much into it.

imtommygunn

Quote from: spuds on April 24, 2011, 01:12:14 AM
Lads, what GAA club do people from Carnlough play for ?
I *think* they used to have a football team so a club must have existed in some form there.

Just Puck It

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 25, 2011, 09:28:22 PM

Heard that Loughgiel were missing a couple right enough!  Johnny Campbell out long term? 

Milltown Row2

All teams will have players missing. Still some beating all the same.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2011, 09:50:02 AM

I'd have thought Loughgeil would be better placed with strength in depth, but that's obviously not the case. Strange, considering the size of the club.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 25, 2011, 09:34:29 PM
I *think* they used to have a football team so a club must have existed in some form there.

I can never remember a Gaa team in Carnlough.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

60s or 70s this was though - not recently. I vaguely remember my da telling me this so must ask him.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: johnneycool on April 26, 2011, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 26, 2011, 09:50:02 AM

I'd have thought Loughgeil would be better placed with strength in depth, but that's obviously not the case. Strange, considering the size of the club.
They maybe should have played more from the reserve team.

pdiddy

Quote from: Just Puck It on April 26, 2011, 04:21:06 AM

Heard that Loughgiel were missing a couple right enough!  Johnny Campbell out long term?

I wouldn't say we had a 'very' weakened team out.  JC, Ding  and Winker - although they are 3 key players in our team.  Sounds like a bit of a role reversal of the Ulster League game where Dunloy were poor.  Unfortunately we dont have strength in depth but any club would strugle to replace the 3 players we had out.  As for the boys that did play, they were terrible.  Dunloy outplayed us all over the field.  Heard last night that JC could be out for up to 4 months  :-\
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

pdiddy

Quote from: Minder on April 26, 2011, 11:33:51 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 25, 2011, 09:34:29 PM

I can never remember a Gaa team in Carnlough.

The power of Google -

The GAA in Carnlough - Carnlough Harps
Formed 1906-07 –
1966 – Carnlough GAC - rejoined leagues withdrawing in 1974 (lost Junior Football final)
Club built in late Sixties on Ballymena line but bombed c1972
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Quote from: pdiddy on April 27, 2011, 10:37:27 AM

I wouldn't say we had a 'very' weakened team out.  JC, Ding  and Winker - although they are 3 key players in our team.  Sounds like a bit of a role reversal of the Ulster League game where Dunloy were poor.  Unfortunately we dont have strength in depth but any club would strugle to replace the 3 players we had out.  As for the boys that did play, they were terrible.  Dunloy outplayed us all over the field.  Heard last night that JC could be out for up to 4 months  :-\

He'll be back for Championship then, along with the rest. Jim Nelson still involved?

pdiddy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2011, 12:58:42 PM
Quote from: pdiddy on April 27, 2011, 10:37:27 AM

He'll be back for Championship then, along with the rest. Jim Nelson still involved?

Yeah should be, barring any set back. Ding on holiday so should be back soon.  LW still having knee problems.  Jim's still there along with all the mangement team from last year.