Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syd

Quote from: theskull1 on May 29, 2007, 08:55:13 AM
Typical Seamus Shannon - Cold and Yellow. I've never seen him put his hand up under a dropping ball in my life yet he'll sit behind and sledge and try to look like a hard man.

I thought that piece of s*it had retired from hurling........

North Antrim

Very Diplomatic Syd....by the law of averages!!! Wasnt at the game but heard you lads were terrrible!!

Johhnycool - that was gud account of ur game with the shams.....in ur honest opinion do you see them any better tan any other year?? Has there management made any difference or will we expect the same heartless display come the start of October??

Syd

Quote from: North Antrim on May 29, 2007, 09:54:43 AM
Very Diplomatic Syd....by the law of averages!!! Wasnt at the game but heard you lads were terrrible!!

I was at the game, we were brutal in 1st half, a bit better in 2nd half. 0-16 isnt bad scoring for a team that was "terrible"

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on May 29, 2007, 08:55:13 AM
Liam Richmond got a broken hand last week against Rossa. Went up for a puck out and caught it (text book catch while protecting himself with the stick). The problem is he needed another hand to protect the hand he was holding the stick with. Typical Seamus Shannon - Cold and Yellow. I've never seen him put his hand up under a dropping ball in my life yet he'll sit behind and sledge and try to look like a hard man.

It'd surprise you the number of ref's who miss that sort of thing.

We'd a lad got his hand broke when batting a high ball which he managed to do, but his opponent pulled so low that he caught him on the hands. The pull had to be three feet too low yet the ref missed it and didn't give a free.

North Antrim

Aye i will gave you that but i heard Ballycastle defence and it was criminal. They were missing there big players.....Young Hippy, Pinky and i think Ronan Donnelly. Now i cud be wrong. Have they improved or just you have gone back? Will any of you two make a run at the championship??

johnneycool

Quote from: North Antrim on May 29, 2007, 09:54:43 AM

Johhnycool - that was gud account of ur game with the shams.....in ur honest opinion do you see them any better tan any other year?? Has there management made any difference or will we expect the same heartless display come the start of October??

Too early to say as there wasn't any real divilment in the game and that's where Loughgiele usually falter. They either get intimidated or some end up doing something stupid and getting the line.
No obvious changes to their style of play though.

North Antrim

Fair enough comment alrite. IMO i think that if they dont deliver this year they are FINISHED!! ;D

Skull - Dunloy seem to be raking up big scores - Shane Eliiot, Gary O'Kane must be doing something right although you were very poor in Feis Cup. Who is training you this year??

Dunloy- Shane Elliot, Gary O'Kane,  trainer ??
Cushendall - Delargys Dad, trainer = McCambridge??
Ballycastle - Humpy, Dessie D, Olcan Laverty, Trainer = Michael McShane
Loughguile - Hooker Connelly, Dew McCmullan, trainer = Joe Cassidy
Glenariffe - Dominic Kearns, trainer ???
Carey - Micky Dallat, trainer = Noel Brick
Armoy - Ding Gillan

Any one know anybody else

theskull1

Mushy, Pappy and Shane are the management team North Antrim
Quote from: johnneycool on May 29, 2007, 10:10:52 AM

It'd surprise you the number of ref's who miss that sort of thing.

We'd a lad got his hand broke when batting a high ball which he managed to do, but his opponent pulled so low that he caught him on the hands. The pull had to be three feet too low yet the ref missed it and didn't give a free.

As I've said Liams catch was text book (stick parallel to the ground) so two (MINIMUM) away from the ball.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syd

Quote from: North Antrim on May 29, 2007, 10:35:55 AM

Glenariffe - Dominic Kearns, trainer ???

Any one know anybody else

Glemariffes manager is Raymond Mc Donnell, with Dominic Kearns & Lawrence McAllister selectors. Raymond is away in Florida with the 2 sons,Paul and Randall,so they were all missing on Sunday. Our panel size is such that if we are missing one or two players we will notice it. Cant see either team doing much damage in championship though.

North Antrim

That a big miss for you lads alrite. So hand on heart Syd who will win champonship this year and why??

North Antrim

How are the Dall shaping up?? They seem to be ticking along nicely Colonel

Syd

Quote from: North Antrim on May 29, 2007, 11:09:33 AM
That a big miss for you lads alrite. So hand on heart Syd who will win champonship this year and why??

I think Dunloy will win it, they have been the sest i have seen yet this year. Havent seen the Dall playing yet but i think the miles will catch up with them later in the year.

theskull1

In fairness Syd...that was the best we've played in the past 4 years (up front anyway...we gave away scores too easy IMO), but haven't played as well since. Getting there though but we've got plenty to do before August
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syd

Quote from: theskull1 on May 29, 2007, 11:46:34 AM
In fairness Syd...that was the best we've played in the past 4 years (up front anyway...we gave away scores too easy IMO), but haven't played as well since. Getting there though but we've got plenty to do before August

Hopefully youse do it.....  ;)

Ruairi Og exile

Too early to predict how we'll do this year as we've been extremely stretched this year through Injuries. We have 9 on the county panel & 5 on the minor panel so it's hard at training. We're getting there slowly but surely. Odhran Scullion, Eunan McKillop are back next week. Conor Monty, Kevin Elliott & Shane McNaughton injured at the minute but we should have them back in the next few weeks

Agree about Dunloy, they'll be alot better than last two years & will challenge for Big ears again