Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

Quote from: theskull1 on March 28, 2011, 02:15:07 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 28, 2011, 11:33:59 AM
Any match reports from the weekend?

Loughgiel with a very understrength side (no JCampbell, N McGarry, Skinner, Winker & a few more) totally overran us in the second half after us going 7 points up at a stage in the first and went onto win by 5. All too easy for them in the second half as our composure and workrate went awol. It's only March but from my side of the field it was not nice to look at. We're better than that.

Quite striking that cdalls players are doing the bulk of the score taking at intercounty

I didn't get to the match Skull.  Were you missing any/many ?  I think our plan has been to play as many U21's as possible with a few seniors added in.  I hear we have a couple of promising U21's back in the fold which is good as we'll need them all come championship time.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on March 28, 2011, 02:15:07 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on March 28, 2011, 11:33:59 AM
Any match reports from the weekend?

Loughgiel with a very understrength side (no JCampbell, N McGarry, Skinner, Winker & a few more) totally overran us in the second half after us going 7 points up at a stage in the first and went onto win by 5. All too easy for them in the second half as our composure and workrate went awol. It's only March but from my side of the field it was not nice to look at. We're better than that.

Quite striking that cdalls players are doing the bulk of the score taking at intercounty

And a Galls man ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Milltown Row2

Couldn't be arsed setting up another thread but will paste this on the other Antrim thread as well.

In recent years how many County players would you think that playing for the County looks better on their CV than being committed to the cause of bringing Antrim forward?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

I'd be of the opinion that alot of players kindof sleep walk into it. Others may disagree.

We just haven't nailled the proper commitment thing when you get to County level. Some want to make things happen whilst some just seem to enjoy the ride (stay in the hotel sat night, play sunday  ;) )

Minder

Team for Down game.

1.Christopher O Connell

2. Aaron Graffin
3. Kieran McGourty
4. Kevin Molloy

5. Neil McAuley
6. Michael Herron
7. James McCouaig

8. Simon McCrory
9. Shane McNaughton

10. Paul Shiels
11. Karl Stewart
12. Eddie McCloskey

13. Christopher McGuinness
14. Neil McManus
15. Barry McFall

16. Sean Hawes
17. Michael Armstrong
18. Thomas McCann
19. James Black
20. Colm McFall
21, Matthew Donnelly
22. Karl McKeegan
23. Conor Carson
24. Stephen Shannon
25. Liam Kearns
26. Conor McCann
27. Darren Hamill
28. Ciaran Herron
29. Kevin McKeague
30 Cormac Donnelly
31. PJ O Connell
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Could come a cropper here, Down have been scoring well have got off to great starts in their last few games, beat Antrim not long ago down there. Come Championship we will win but at this stage in our season I think we may well get beat.

ONeill

Interesting to see McGourty at FB. MR2 - what's your reading of that? (as opposed to the corner)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnneycool

Has Sambo taken up politics?

Saw him standing outside the gates of Stormont last night.

gelvis

Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2011, 11:31:10 PM
Interesting to see McGourty at FB. MR2 - what's your reading of that? (as opposed to the corner)

Magic's been hurling well for them too.  Could be a position they try to target with alot of ball
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

the colonel

Dinny continues to baffle, firstly he puts McGourty in at full back against an in form, far bigger magic. Then when he plays Carson with no joy with plenty of criticism on here, he finally gets a couple of scores, a bit of confidence and gets dropped. Neil won't play FF in the championship so theres no point playing him there now
the difference between success and failure is energy

Two Hands FFS

Paul Braniff was Full Forward for Down last week & is a far more consistent & bigger threat to Antrim. A super hurler when fully fit.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: johnneycool on April 01, 2011, 09:29:20 AM
Has Sambo taken up politics?

Saw him standing outside the gates of Stormont last night.
He was waiting for a fight.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2011, 11:31:10 PM

McGourty is an excellent fullback, played fullback for the club last season and for most parts didn't give his player a puck of the ball the whole game. Played full back after ten minutes against Loughgiel in the Championship and never give Dim Dim the ball (i know that not much)

That won't be the beating of us. Just playing Down in the league at their home pitch is the reason why i think we will get beat, Casement in the summer is different. As for Carson Colonel i would say if Cushendall had their full team out he would struggle to get on it.