Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

múinteoirmór

Quote from: NAG1 on March 02, 2011, 12:24:09 PM
Cant see St Johns beating Ballycastle on that side of the draw, plus Ballycastle would be the only side to put it up to LG in that half of the draw.
Me neither.  The 'Johns' are very poor really, the 'town' should deal with them handy enough! I am still wondering what they are going to do for a piece of silverware!  Any suggestions?  I think our lads will give it a decent go this year.  We are in a rebuilding process, just like the 'town'.
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

4father

Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 02, 2011, 04:57:17 PM
Cant see St Johns beating Ballycastle on that side of the draw, plus Ballycastle would be the only side to put it up to LG in that half of the draw.
Me neither.  The 'Johns' are very poor really, the 'town' should deal with them handy enough! I am still wondering what they are going to do for a piece of silverware!  Any suggestions?  I think our lads will give it a decent go this year.  We are in a rebuilding process, just like the 'town'.

Well St Johns would say that they are also at a rebuilding stage.  What are Rossa going to do for a piece of silverware?  Suggestions?  And to be honest, i know that St Johns won Division 2 last year, Rossa didn't so as it stands and their last contest, it pains me to say it but St Johns are the best hurling team in Belfast.

They aren't poor, they have a good pedigree and some very dangerous and steady players in the team.  There's a decent mix of youth and experience.  They aren't Cushendall but i think its unfair to call them poor and if they are then Rossa are poorer.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: 4father on March 02, 2011, 07:47:35 PM

Well St Johns would say that they are also at a rebuilding stage.  What are Rossa going to do for a piece of silverware?  Suggestions?  And to be honest, i know that St Johns won Division 2 last year, Rossa didn't so as it stands and their last contest, it pains me to say it but St Johns are the best hurling team in Belfast.

I agree that we are poor also, without question!  Any 'Johns' man with a stick in his hand is certainly dangerous, so so dangerous without one though.  Enough said!  Catch my drift?  ;)

They aren't poor, they have a good pedigree and some very dangerous and steady players in the team.  There's a decent mix of youth and experience.  They aren't Cushendall but i think its unfair to call them poor and if they are then Rossa are poorer.
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 02, 2011, 07:53:05 PM

I agree that we are poor also, without question!  Any 'Johns' man with a stick in his hand is certainly dangerous, not so dangerous without one though.  Enough said!  Catch my drift?  ;)

Seamroga in exile

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

4father

Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 02, 2011, 08:30:28 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 02, 2011, 07:53:05 PM

I agree that we are poor also, without question!  Any 'Johns' man with a stick in his hand is certainly dangerous, not so dangerous without one though.  Enough said!  Catch my drift?  ;)

Not really

4father

Do you mean that because you have a fierce and old rivalry with St johns that they are all cowards or something to that effect?

múinteoirmór

Quote from: 4father on March 02, 2011, 10:41:03 PM
Do you mean that because you have a fierce and old rivalry with St johns that they are all cowards or something to that effect?
In a Nutshell, Yes!  100% Correct!  But I am slowly learning to love them, because that would get their goat even more!

4father

Quote from: múinteoirmór on March 03, 2011, 05:42:50 PM
Quote from: 4father on March 02, 2011, 10:41:03 PM
In a Nutshell, Yes!  100% Correct!  But I am slowly learning to love them, because that would get their goat even more!

Some of the St Johns men would probably walk past you in the street oblivious to your burning hatred for fellow gaels

Milltown Row2

Full on WUM's here!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

4father

Ahhhhh Wind Up Merchant!!!!!  Had a brain fart there.

Milltown, have you boys got yourselves a manager yet?

Milltown Row2

Yes new manager in and has had his first game, UHL game on Tuesday night there. Off to a win with only two seniors playing (county players away and stack of injuries)

Very difficult to get people to take teams and we have a past Captain in place to look after the team. So looking forward to the new season. I'll concentrate on division 4 this year and play out the reminder of my hurling in places like Ballymena, Larne Glengormely and Twinbrook (full body kit required this season ;D ;D)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

Long way from Croke Park alright but sure you'd still be running about after the white ball like a madman like the rest of us old folk!

johnneycool

Quote from: 4father on March 03, 2011, 10:48:41 PM
Long way from Croke Park alright but sure you'd still be running about after the white ball like a madman like the rest of us old folk!

When you get to a certain vintage running round like a madman is not an option, you just hope the ball makes it to you and then use whatever energy left to try and muster a turn to get a shot away. Running is for young fella's, its more of a trundle now.