Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Senior, learn nothing at intermd.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2011, 09:20:44 PM
Senior, learn nothing at intermd.
St. Galls are somewhere in no mans land really, above intermediate level and labouring in senior?  But you will always have the football dual player issue which seems to impact on St. Galls ability to hurl competitively.  Are you managing them this year?
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

Milltown Row2

No not this year. We have a fresh face with great passion for hurling. A previous captain. Just got the text. Seems we got the worst of the big three......
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fairhead

Quote from: maxpower on February 28, 2011, 07:07:38 PM
The Town won 0:17 to 0:16. Game of two halves with Dunloy up by 6 at HT. Ballycastle responded well and helped by some lazy tackling got right back in the game from frees.

Both teams fairly strong

With regards championship draws its nearly time the big three where all drawn in the same side

The cross field wind didnt help the match and i thought it was competitive enough for the time of year. Dunloy certainly had much the better of the 1st half and the pace of their corner forwards was causing concern. Ballycastle improved 2nd half and had a few nice passages of play. Early days for both teams.

Championship draw is:

B'castle / St Johns vs L'giel / Rossa

C'dall / Glenariffe vs Dunloy / St Galls

Milltown Row2

Loughgiel be happy. another final

Seamroga in exile

Interesting. Looks like another final beckons.   ;D
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Fairhead on February 28, 2011, 09:34:42 PM
Quote from: maxpower on February 28, 2011, 07:07:38 PM
The Town won 0:17 to 0:16. Game of two halves with Dunloy up by 6 at HT. Ballycastle responded well and helped by some lazy tackling got right back in the game from frees.

Both teams fairly strong

With regards championship draws its nearly time the big three where all drawn in the same side

The cross field wind didnt help the match and i thought it was competitive enough for the time of year. Dunloy certainly had much the better of the 1st half and the pace of their corner forwards was causing concern. Ballycastle improved 2nd half and had a few nice passages of play. Early days for both teams.

Championship draw is:

B'castle / St Johns vs L'giel / Rossa

C'dall / Glenariffe vs Dunloy / St Galls
St. Galls would certainly have a chance here.  Nothing much to fear if you ask me, if they get themselves sorted.  Some decent players on the Galls team.
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2011, 09:37:13 PM
Loughgiel be happy. another final
This side of the draw will not do them any favours, B/castle, Us, the Johns, should be easy enough, although more competive games would suit them better I thnk!

Is there a South Antrim Select this year or has this idea faltered miserably?

maxpower

Fairhead do the first team out still get 'home' advantage in the QF. That would mean all 3 city teams travelling to NA.

Interesting draw, Loughgiel will be the happiest,
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Having played many a game at senior championship I'd say we have had maybe (talking straight knock out) 2/3 games in Belfast!! who pulls these balls out and do the big three ever meet in the first round??

Fairhead

I dont know if thats the way the teams came out of the hat; thats just the way i was told.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Fairhead on February 28, 2011, 09:50:26 PM
I dont know if thats the way the teams came out of the hat; thats just the way i was told.
Thanks for posting Fairhead.

Milltown Row2

Gorts back at Intermediate then i take it?

Cushendall to win it this year (if they can beat us in the semi ;))

Clooney Gaels to win Intermediate, and possibly win division two, impressed by them to be fair

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 28, 2011, 09:54:55 PM
Gorts back at Intermediate then i take it?

Cushendall to win it this year (if they can beat us in the semi ;))

Clooney Gaels to win Intermediate, and possibly win division two, impressed by them to be fair
Were you at the big shin dig on Saturday MR, any reports? Did the McGourtys behave?

4father

"The landlord and the sheriff came, to drive us all away"

A definite Loughgiel / Cushendall final i'd say but Rossa on their day are capable of upsetting the odds.  Disappointed to see that GNM are in intermediate.  Thought they wouldn't be back at that level with the talent they had up there coming through.  Good to see St Galls back in the big time.  Think they will struggle as they have went backwards in hurling terms but they have the potential to be a good hurling team - some serious players and im not even talking about the household name hurlers.

I'd say cushendall for the Senior.  Gorts or Clooney for the Inter