Two Hands FFS

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 20, 2011, 08:50:52 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 08:45:58 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 20, 2011, 08:38:39 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2011, 08:07:22 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 05:44:14 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2011, 02:37:15 PM
Most clubs don't get on FFS Seamroga,

Didn't get to the game today, was making my way back from my overnighter in Dublin :-X :-X

Minder who played well and was it promising?
Really? I'm still of the mindset that's it's an ill formed and little attending fair weather supporter that thinks like that.

Don't know of any City clubs that like each other, Can't see Rossa supporting the Johnnies or the Johnnies supporting us when we won the All Ireland last year!!
Aha! them (green eyed 'Johns') MR2, should who could like them! If the truth be told, sure nobody likes the 'Johns'!  Except when their sh*tt**g in them!

I heard an intersesting story today at Casement about the County Secretary's son.  Alledgedly he made a comment to someone who attedned yesterdays game in Parnell -  "I dont know why you wasted your money going down their to watch that shower of shit Loughgiel" Irionic or what!!!!!!!.  I heard this from a third party of course, I am not sure they may be any substance to it though.  However, I could just imagine if such a comment was posted on the county website by anyone, what would the county administrator have to say about that? Impetuious!!!!
Haha. I heard this myself. Who is he anyways like?

What's really upsetting me is that I put on my sky box today to watch yesterdays coverage to find out that it didn't record!!!! Not enough room on the hard disc because she who must be obeyed has filled it up with Kendra, Holly, Kardashians and other same as sh*te!!
Is anyone else tormented with the hell that is channel 151?

I'm going to have to go searching for a dvd now!!
Is'nt it ironic, that he nows lives in CUSHENDALL!!!
If you're talking about the stickman for the county..you are incorrect

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on February 20, 2011, 03:57:12 PM
Very Disappointing result today. Should have had that match won after getting level. As Minder says completely stopped after doing well to get back into it. Needed to get in front which Antrim didnt too. Very Poor up front. The two corner forwards were very poor & cant understand Dinny not starting Shane McN & only bringing him only just after half time
Carson is his fathers son anyway. Looked in poor enough shape for a boy his age playing county but was more than a handful in the second half under the(wind-assisted) dropping ball. Strange that Antrim didn't bury Clare as after the second Antrim goal there only looked like being one winner after coming from 11 points down at one stage. No killer instinct?

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 20, 2011, 10:16:24 PM
Very Disappointing result today. Should have had that match won after getting level. As Minder says completely stopped after doing well to get back into it. Needed to get in front which Antrim didnt too. Very Poor up front. The two corner forwards were very poor & cant understand Dinny not starting Shane McN & only bringing him only just after half time
Carson is his fathers son anyway. Looked in poor enough shape for a boy his age playing county but was more than a handful in the second half under the(wind-assisted) dropping ball. Strange that Antrim didn't bury Clare as after the second Antrim goal there only looked like being one winner after coming from 11 points down at one stage. No killer instinct?
Aye he's not the quickest but took a couple of good scores & done well to set up the first goal.  You'd probablybe right about the lack of killer instinct. Any of the big teams would have pushed on. Antrim seemed to go very deep & the ball stopped going into the FF line in the last 10 minutes or so. Wouldnt have used Graffin as the spare man..maybe Neal McAuley as the spare man wasnt utilised at all. 2 points dropped

Milltown Row2

I'm more interested in progression, we have a few players that are getting some game time and that's fine. (starting to sound like Dinny ::))

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 20, 2011, 10:34:58 PM
I'm more interested in progression, we have a few players that are getting some game time and that's fine. (starting to sound like Dinny ::))
Nothing like picking a 4th string Clare keeper for progress.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

I think that feeling of not turning up will eat more at LG than the fact that were beaten.

My problem was that they didnt seem to turn up with any game plan, if the ball wasnt going to LW what was plan B, didnt seem to be one.

As for the having a big squad, they do have a big squad of decidely average hurlers no disrespect intended but it is the truth. OLG were there for the taking and I have a feeling that a more experienced Cushendall or Dunloy team would have put them to the sword.

Be interesting to see the levels of hunger now from LG this year, a game like this in Feb makes for a very long year, esp when you have Irish league games and scramblers to race  ;)

aontroim

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 20, 2011, 10:46:59 PM
Nothing like picking a 4th string Clare keeper for progress.

Seamroga you do know that your own clubman was in nets yesterday in Casement?

theskull1

An ill formed and little attending fair weather supporter wouldn't have known that...eh Seamroga  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

clootfromthe21

Anybody give us a run down on how everyone performed in Casement yesterday? Sounds like one we should have kicked on to win in the last 10 minutes, although the Clare boys are doing a lot of whinging on anfearrua about the ref?

How did Carson play? Saw him against Dublin in the Walsh cup and I don't think he caught one ball, notwithstanding the amount lumped in on top of him. Hiney was playing full-back for the Dubs and caught every single ball over his head. Thought the Dubs looked very impressive against Tipp but nearly screwed it up with all their wides in the last 10 minutes. What the hell was Keaney doing wasting is time playing football for - he is one serious hurler!

I know dinny has a very jaundiced view about the league but I think yesterday represented a real opportunity to kick on and put ourselves in a position to contest the Division 2 final, which would have been a boost for the championship.

NAG1

What would be the harm in taking these games seriously IMO the only way to gain confidence against the southern teams is by getting used to beating them.

It not that long ago that Antrim would have been beating Clare so when we get the chance to stick the knife in these sides esp at Casement we should really be doing so.

All you had to do was look at LG on saturday dont think any of them looked like they believed they could win the game.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 21, 2011, 01:20:12 PM

Anybody give us a run down on how everyone performed in Casement yesterday? Sounds like one we should have kicked on to win in the last 10 minutes, although the Clare boys are doing a lot of whinging on anfearrua about the ref?

How did Carson play? Saw him against Dublin in the Walsh cup and I don't think he caught one ball, notwithstanding the amount lumped in on top of him. Hiney was playing full-back for the Dubs and caught every single ball over his head. Thought the Dubs looked very impressive against Tipp but nearly screwed it up with all their wides in the last 10 minutes. What the hell was Keaney doing wasting is time playing football for - he is one serious hurler!

I know dinny has a very jaundiced view about the league but I think yesterday represented a real opportunity to kick on and put ourselves in a position to contest the Division 2 final, which would have been a boost for the championship.
Clare were poor enough so it's hard to tell. I thought Carson was alright and Shane McNaughton lived things up when he came on. Karl was busy as always but not sure how effective he was.

Clare are right to be slightly pissed off about the officials as the linesman below the stand gave a sideline cut to Antrim when it was obvious a Clare man never touched it. Antrim scored their second goal from that cut. Antrim could and should have won by 2 or 3 as Clare were down and out with 10 mins to go.

NAG1

Standard of officials in the north wouldnt be my worry for these games after some of the attrocious decisions that Antrim and in fact every northern team has had to put up with for years.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on February 21, 2011, 02:21:00 PM
Standard of officials in the north wouldnt be my worry for these games after some of the attrocious decisions that Antrim and in fact every northern team has had to put up with for years.
Well to be fair just before the sideline ball was awarded it appeared that the Clare player threw the ball instead of handpassing it. Justice was served :d

Terrible miss by Stewart at the end. Yet another Casement anticlimax.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on February 21, 2011, 02:21:00 PM

Two wrongs don't make a right NAG.

My opinions on Hassan aren't good as he's pretty biased and IMO gives Antrim teams the benefit of the doubt when playing Down teams and a lot of the time they don't need any assistance.
At least Tommy McIntyre's up front about it.

NAG1

I didnt say they did JC just was making the point that I wouldnt worry about it too much. Esp if the southern teams are bitching about it.  :D

I think Hassan is one of the better ones and is willing to try and let the game flow when he can.