Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

múinteoirmór

Looks like some are already begrudging Loughgiel, even before their big day on Saturday.  Good luck to them I say!
To suggest LW will play in corner forward, I think underestimates the lads ability, he is most likely to be all over the place trying to win ball and doing what he does best.  I just hope his temperament and discipline prevail.  On that basis I think Louighgiel will get the right result.  I hope young Barney makes it also!  The very best of luck to the Shamrocks.  :)  Get tore into the Gaels lads, your club have a very proud tradition at this level, the only hurling club in Ulster to ever do it!

We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

the colonel

Quote from: múinteoirmór on February 16, 2011, 08:04:57 PM
Looks like some are already begrudging Loughgeil, even before their big day on Saturday.  Good luck to them I say!
To suggest LW will play in corner forward, I think underestimates the lads ability, he is most likely to be all over the place trying to win ball and doing what he does best.  I just hope his termperment and discipline prevail.  On that basis I think Louighgeil will get the right result.  I hope young Barney makes it also!  The very best of luck to the Shamrocks.  :)  Get tore into the Gaels lads, your club have a very proud tradition at this level, the only hurling club in Ulster to ever do it!

Thats pure pish. He has lined out at corner forward in all loughgiels championship games in 2010 so how are we underestimating his ability?
the difference between success and failure is energy

múinteoirmór

Quote from: the colonel on February 16, 2011, 10:04:11 PM
Looks like some are already begrudging Loughgeil, even before their big day on Saturday.  Good luck to them I say!
To suggest LW will play in corner forward, I think underestimates the lads ability, he is most likely to be all over the place trying to win ball and doing what he does best.  I just hope his temperament and discipline prevail.  On that basis I think Louighgeil will get the right result.  I hope young Barney makes it also!  The very best of luck to the Shamrocks.  :)  Get tore into the Gaels lads, your club have a very proud tradition at this level, the only hurling club in Ulster to ever do it!

Thats pure pish. He has lined out at corner forward in all loughgiels championship games in 2010 so how are we underestimating his ability?
A bit harsh don't you think Colonel?  What I was eluding to, is the fact that he can also move out of corner forward, win ball and score not just from a corner forward position!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

the colonel

Why would one position on the pitch determine his ability?
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Looks like some are already begrudging Loughgiel, even before their big day on Saturday.  Good luck to them I say!
To suggest LW will play in corner forward, I think underestimates the lads ability, he is most likely to be all over the place trying to win ball and doing what he does best.  I just hope his temperament and discipline prevail.  On that basis I think Louighgiel will get the right result.  I hope young Barney makes it also!  The very best of luck to the Shamrocks.  :)  Get tore into the Gaels lads, your club have a very proud tradition at this level, the only hurling club in Ulster to ever do it!

I hope this was tongue in cheek, LG management and fans will be hoping for the exact opposite to happen.

johnneycool

Quote from: the colonel on February 16, 2011, 11:07:49 PM
Why would one position on the pitch determine his ability?

Exactly right, some of the best hurlers in Ireland play corner forward, Mullane, Corbett etc.

Milltown Row2

Someones supposed knowledge of the local game is a bit poor. Loughgiel are plus 6 in the handicap i fancy this to be a tighter game. Can anyone persuade me otherwise?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

I think they were maybe basing that on championship scores by LG this year which were low, so combining that with a step up in level I would say the bookies are just enticing some people in with that spread.

OLG arent a massive scoring powerhouse but could see it slipping beyond the six, alot will depend on the weather though if it keeps up the way it has been this week, could make for a real dog fight.

pdiddy

Loughgiel to win the match are 5/1.  To win by 1-3 points we're 17/2.  If we are to win it won't be by anymore than 3 points so 17/2 seems like a good bet. Worth a score of anybody's money  ;)
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

Also think it'll be a tight game. OLG's wont have the swagger of Ballyhale or Portumna and LG haven't took many pastings in the past few years. Can't see any team romping it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Pdiddy looked at that last night and if i were a club man i'd take that for sure. As Skull said i also believe they wont take a pasting. looking forward to match
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Anybody know if the fixtures are made yet for the Leagues? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

pdiddy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 17, 2011, 01:18:19 PM
Pdiddy looked at that last night and if i were a club man i'd take that for sure. As Skull said i also believe they wont take a pasting. looking forward to match

I think Skull should have a flutter on it aswell.  Either way he's a winner  ;)

NAG1

Aye but if he won the money on a LG win it would be ilgotten money and be no use to him, he would end up having to give it away!  :D