Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

No pdiddy Im not have yet to see a player in Antrim gets the protection he gets coupled with the relaxed attitude to some of his own strokes.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: NAG1 on February 11, 2011, 01:41:06 PM
No pdiddy Im not have yet to see a player in Antrim gets the protection he gets coupled with the relaxed attitude to some of his own strokes.

NAG1, I would be inteterested to know how much protection you have ever given him? You have to be joking mister!  You really cant be serious, are you?   A case of short memories me thinks! >:(
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

theskull1

Quote from: NAG1 on February 11, 2011, 01:41:06 PM

Finbar Saunders would be chortling away at that one NAG  :D
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

clootfromthe21

Antrim 1-15 to Kerry 0-12 Full time. Kerry led 0-8 to 1-4 at half time.

Dinny's league campaign off to a winning start!

NAG1

Good result to start the year off with!

the colonel

So according to the County site Sean Hawes didn't actually didn't play and B McFall (Barry I assume) done goals instead?

Getting stranger by the day
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on February 14, 2011, 07:09:52 PM
So according to the County site Sean Hawes didn't actually didn't play and B McFall (Barry I assume) done goals instead?

Getting stranger by the day

His transfer wasn't through yet, amateur night again in Casement.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

When did they realise this? Surely they could have got someone else in?

Milltown Row2

I was asked(played nets for county when i was a nipper) but wife wouldn't let me go!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2011, 08:23:13 PM
I was asked(played nets for county when i was a nipper) but wife wouldn't let me go!

Jesus they were very stuck

Milltown Row2

In all seriousness, i think the county name a panel or players that are on the squad and it must be a requirement to only play players on the panel. Having only one keeper is difficult and has shown them to be foolish.

But on the flip side a good enough win. should always be beating teams like that, but last season showed we couldn't always win those games.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2011, 09:28:25 PM
In all seriousness, i think the county name a panel or players that are on the squad and it must be a requirement to only play players on the panel. Having only one keeper is difficult and has shown them to be foolish.

But on the flip side a good enough win. should always be beating teams like that, but last season showed we couldn't always win those games.

Going into a must win game without an established keeper is one big risk to be taking, luckily Antrim got away with it, but if Kerry knew there was a novice in nets I'm sure they'd be shooting from all angles at him.
I'm sure they could have called up another keeper from within the county at the last minute.

Milltown Row2

I think if your a good hurler, good hands and have a good eye for the ball then nets shouldn't really be a big problem.

Any news of when the Championship draws are being made? We are waiting on getting Loughgiel again, tenth year in a row i'd say.

NAG1

Havent heard any word on when they are MR2

Bit of farce goal keeping wise at the weekend lucky to escape if that was the case.

It is an integral position on the field and often under estimated.

Ulster league starting this weekend everyone taking part?

Milltown Row2

Aye starting this week and we are due to Lisballew, but they want to not play the game cause of Fermanagh playing the next day!!!

First game and they are looking it off, we've county players also on both teams so are in the same boat