Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

múinteoirmór

Thats right Groundlie, we are playing in the Division we are capable of playing in, not getting beyond ourselves.  I dont see what you are so upset about.  I made a predcition, I was right.  Sour grapes maybe????  ;)

And of course, you will be playing Senior Championship next year, a bit out of your depth/division dont you think?  Tut, tutt, tutt!!!  ::)

We know at what level we can punch our weight.

Just to be frank here, I have no love for the Johns (as a true O'Donavan Rossa man) and I am sure the feeling is mutual!  Note I call the Johnnies "the John's" as I dont think there is anything Saintly about them!  With respect, I have my reasons for that which I will not go into here.
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

múinteoirmór

Hi MR2, any thruth in the rumour of a planned coup at the Noamh Gall AGM. Just heard a few mutterings (bearing in mind we are near neighbours) that a certain prominent Noamh Gall person, some of inlaws/outlaws and some of his notorious sidekicks had the wheels in motion to try and oust the present executive officers.  I hear he bottled it in the end and the present incumbents prevailed.  Thank god for common sense!!!   Any truth, views or comments??
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

Last Man

Executive officers clinging on!!! There can't be many of the old guard left. I'd be shaking his hand and let him knock himself out.  :D

ManInBlackandGreen

múinteoirmór what is your problem, by all accounts they missed some chances which could have won the game, fair play to them not easy opponents from what i heard today! You seem to take great enjoyment from what I'm sure was a gut wrenching day for some of the lads, If you are are real rossa man ;) then the day when Buffers gave use a lesson should still be fresh and you wouldn't have taken to kindly to this sort of cynical attack.

Milltown Row2

Was not at the AGM had a prior engagement with Santa!! Great to see people interested in club affairs. I'm with Last Man on this topic. Knock yourself out. Most thankless job in GAA. Next to senior manager
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

múinteoirmór

MR2. to be honest, I was just curious.! You dont tend to hear that sort of thing about Noamh Gall.  Dont get me wrong, I am all for change, providing it has a purpose, but when McG & Sons and his cohorts are making a bid to take over, it would certainly suggest " there's trouble at mill! :-\

múinteoirmór

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 31, 2011, 05:35:35 PM
múinteoirmór what is your problem, by all accounts they missed some chances which could have won the game, fair play to them not easy opponents from what i heard today! You seem to take great enjoyment from what I'm sure was a gut wrenching day for some of the lads, If you are are real rossa man ;) then the day when Buffers gave use a lesson should still be fresh and you wouldn't have taken to kindly to this sort of cynical attack.

To be honest, I don't have a problem other than they failed to convert up front as I stated in a previous posting.  Are you not telling me the same thing in that "they missed some chances" - sounds like it to me.  There in lies the lesson MIBAG, they did not convert vital scoring chances. Why do you doubt that I am a  "real rossa man".  yes I was at Killmallock, Patrickswell, in Limerick for the semis and also at Croke for the Buffers match (1989).  If we had of had a decent goalkeeper when Seamus O'Leary and Paddy Donahue ripped the net, we were sure to have a different result.  The keeper cost us the match that day. Well, I think I understand and can empathise with being gutted.  At least we made the final.  And also consider, this was at Senior level, not intermediate.  We punched our own weight at the top level!!!  Not a synical attack at all, a real and educated calculation of the Johns.  Their ambition far exceeded their ability, dont you think?  Dropping down to Intermediate, just like playing a ringer in U16 level.

múinteoirmór

MR2, any sign of a hurling manager yet?  Has anyone expressed interest yet?  Maybe you are considering throwing your name in the hat again. You had reasonable success last year with your lads!

Milltown Row2

No manager yet. Current players need someone else to push them on. St the makings of a good division one team there if they want it. I'll drift back in a few years and get involved. harder than you think looking after a senior team!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

múinteoirmór

Quote from: hardstation on January 31, 2011, 07:28:36 PM
Was Paddy Quinn not man of the match in the '88 county final?
Did Tony Doran not start?
Was Dee Murray's knee not the reason why he tore Rossa a new one?

No, tony was brought on as a sub in the second half.  He did help set up one of the goals that our keeper made a complete flummox of!!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2011, 07:31:20 PM
No manager yet. Current players need someone else to push them on. St the makings of a good division one team there if they want it. I'll drift back in a few years and get involved. harder than you think looking after a senior team!

I know MR.  I am sure it is also hard when the key focus in Noamh Gall seems to be football and the dual player scenario can also be difficult to contend with.  I have to agree, some good hurlers at your club, a terrible pity and a waste.  A few I could name:  McAreavey, Keiran McGourty, Karl and a possible few others.  How did you deal with the dual players role last year with the Itermediate championship and senior football run?  It cannot have been easy at all.  Can you envisage that hurling may become the dominant code in Noamh Gall in the future or will the focus always be on the cissy game?

múinteoirmór

Getting down to the more serious stuff.  Who do Loughgiel play in the All Ireland series?  Has this been confirmed yet?  I would be eager to pencil this into my diary so that I can go down and give the boys a cheer.  They have real pedigree those lads.

ManInBlackandGreen

múinteoirmór whats your opinion on Jim taking the seniors this year? Looks to me that you are cloaking here, seem to know a lot about St Galls ::) You wouldn't happen to play a musical instrument would you ;)

múinteoirmór

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 31, 2011, 07:55:47 PM
múinteoirmór whats your opinion on Jim taking the seniors this year? Looks to me that you are cloaking here, seem to know a lot about St Galls ::) You wouldn't happen to play a musical instrument would you ;)

Well, we are near neighbours and news travels up the lane fast!  My views on Jim Connolly taking the seniors I hear you ask?  A BIG mistake in my book! Jim was a fine hurler, no question, but as a manager of a team, I would have major concerns and serious reservations.  You see, I also know about my own club and I would guess a lot more than you do.  I am still very much involved in my club administration.  I doubt seriously that you can say the same! :o

pdiddy

Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 31, 2011, 07:51:25 PM
Getting down to the more serious stuff.  Who do Loughgiel play in the All Ireland series?  Has this been confirmed yet?  I would be eager to pencil this into my diary so that I can go down and give the boys a cheer.  They have real pedigree those lads.

19.02.11 (Sat)
Semi Final   Clarinbridge V De La Salle Time: TBC, Venue: TBC

Semi Final   O`Loughlin Gaels V Loch gCaol Seamroga  Time: TBC, Venue: TBC
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech