Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

múinteoirmór

Quote from: hardstation on January 25, 2011, 10:47:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2011, 08:23:46 PM
That's some trip for the Johnnies, did i read right that the match is on at 1.00pm??

they'll have to head down the night before, that's expensive. Big pitch may suit the Kilkenny side
A club that can put their Feile teams up in hotels can afford an aul night in Mullingar.
Well, there is always the possibility of the odd Northern Bank in Mullingar, if you catch my drift?  Not that I am suggesting this for one second, but you never know! :D 

It's at 13.00, as the Dicksboro lads want to get this one out of the road early and get back to worrying who they will play in the Final. :o
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 26, 2011, 04:20:43 PM
That's some trip for the Johnnies, did i read right that the match is on at 1.00pm??

they'll have to head down the night before, that's expensive. Big pitch may suit the Kilkenny side
A club that can put their Feile teams up in hotels can afford an aul night in Mullingar.
Well, there is always the possibility of the odd Northern Bank in Mullingar, if you catch my drift?  Not that I am suggesting this for one second, but you never know! :D 

It's at 13.00, as the Dicksboro lads want to get this one out of the road early and get back to worrying who they will play in the Final. :o

So you don't give them any chance at all múinteoirmór ? Why is that, I think if they can get at them from the 1st ball and keep their cool they have every chance, Mc Faul on his day is a handfull for anyone, some of the younger lads just need to keep the focus. The half back line would be the only worry I would have, Cunningham may be the weakness IMO

múinteoirmór

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 27, 2011, 06:25:14 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 26, 2011, 04:20:43 PM

So you don't give them any chance at all múinteoirmór ? Why is that, I think if they can get at them from the 1st ball and keep their cool they have every chance, Mc Faul on his day is a handfull for anyone, some of the younger lads just need to keep the focus. The half back line would be the only worry I would have, Cunningham may be the weakness IMO
They do not play with any intensity or as a team.  They are too much reliant on a few individuals to perform, namely Cunningham, McFall's. They move the ball slowly and tend to take to much out of it with the solo on stick and hand pass.  There are no aerial ball winners among them either IMO.  Apart from that, their indiscipline, as you rightly pointed out will come to haunt them!  I have no doubt about that at all.  That keeper of thiers, I dont know his name mind you, is a bit of an idiot/loose cannon also. You, being a Rossa man and a referee also,  can surely endorse their continuous foul play and serious lack of discipline.
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

ManInBlackandGreen

Whatever my club is or isn't has no relevance to whether they stand a chance, totally disagree with your synopsis, sounds like you have come a cropper with them and some stage and is tainting your judgment! They are 1st an Antrim Team, secondly an Ulster representation at the business end of the season and no matter what parish/city rivalry exists we should be behind them for what is a tremendous opportunity to hopefully have 2 Antrim Teams in All Ireland club finals, the shamrocks have nothing to fear from what I have seen except the ability to mentally push on and make the final hope Liam has a blinder, about time we got behind our clubs and referees! Instead of sniping from the picket fences! We get enough of that from the 26 don't you agree, you sound like a blue shirt to me múinteoirmór ;)

múinteoirmór

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 27, 2011, 08:32:39 PM
Whatever my club is or isn't has no relevance to whether they stand a chance, totally disagree with your synopsis, sounds like you have come a cropper with them and some stage and is tainting your judgment! They are 1st an Antrim Team, secondly an Ulster representation at the business end of the season and no matter what parish/city rivalry exists we should be behind them for what is a tremendous opportunity to hopefully have 2 Antrim Teams in All Ireland club finals, the shamrocks have nothing to fear from what I have seen except the ability to mentally push on and make the final hope Liam has a blinder, about time we got behind our clubs and referees! Instead of sniping from the picket fences! We get enough of that from the 26 don't you agree, you sound like a blue shirt to me múinteoirmór ;)

A (true) Blue and Yellow shirt if you don't mind Ref!

Lets be honest here, Loughgiel are one thing, St. John's are a completely different kettle of fish all together!  I know who my money will be on to reach an All Ireland Final.

With reference to the 26, who is sniping?  You asked for my opinion as to why I don't give St. Johns a chance.  I gave you my honest slant on things and you do not seem to like that.  Sure all referees, and particularly in our wee part of the world up here, don't seem to welcome the opinions of others anyway!  The referees here in Antrim and Ulster for that matter are totally insignificant if you ask me. You could count on a few digits of one hand the ulster referees who come anywhere near the standard of the referees in the republic (26). Possibly one or two from Antrim, One from Derry, beyond that, I am not too familiar with the rest.  I cant understand why you are bringing referees into this anyway, seems like you have some issues, strange!

I will agree with you on one thing here.  Loughgiel are certainly at the business end of things, I am not really sure I would say the same for the John's, but time will tell I feel.

Minder

A familiar tag team this.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Anyway ::)

Think St Johns could get beat handy here. Dicksboro have won this competition before and are a quality team no doubt. Should St Johns move the ball quick and get their tackles in quicker they may have a chance. (To keep the score down)

We played last year ( St Lactain's) and i was amazed at how quick they could move the ball and how easy they could score under pressure. (why should i be amazed at a Kilkenny team being able to score so easily :o :o)

Hope though the Johnnies give them a game

Edit:

hold that, just read that Dicksboro have in house problems, new management an two key players out for the match.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 27, 2011, 09:11:20 PM
Anyway ::)

Think St Johns could get beat handy here. Dicksboro have won this competition before and are a quality team no doubt. Should St Johns move the ball quick and get their tackles in quicker they may have a chance. (To keep the score down)

We played last year ( St Lactain's) and i was amazed at how quick they could move the ball and how easy they could score under pressure. (why should i be amazed at a Kilkenny team being able to score so easily :o :o)

Hope though the Johnnies give them a game
A very clever, articulate and intelligent synopsis Miltown.  I agree with you whole heartedly.  I really do belive St. John's cant move it quick enough.  They also fail to convert up front when it matters, IMO.  If Dicksboro are anything like the team your lads played last year, the John's will come up real short.  To be honest, I think your lads would give a better account of themselves if they were in the semis/final this year.  I really cant see the John's progressing beyond Sunday, but I am prepared to eat my words.

ruairi

St johns will hopefully surprise a few people on this. They have nothing to fear from an intermediate kk team.

good luck from cushendall.

BlackSpot

St John's beaten by 4 points.

If it's true that Ballycastle have considered this route would they get any further?

Milltown Row2

Could never see Ballycastle go down that route. where ya here that Blackspot? Have Ballycastle ever played Intermediate?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackSpot

Dunno if they've ever played Intermediate.  It was a Ballycastle man I heard say it but he can be a bit of a winder so there's maybe nothing to it.

múinteoirmór

Well lads, I told ya so!  Maybe not a "tanking"  as I predicted, but same result/outcome, all the same.  Seems you and I were right MR2, at least your lads made it to the final last year, and only for the football committment, who knows?  Will the Johns maybe try the Junior level next year, hhmmmmm!

imtommygunn

Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 30, 2011, 08:54:48 PM
Well lads, I told ya so!  Maybe not a "tanking"  as I predicted, but same result/outcome, all the same.  Seems you and I were right MR2, at least your lads made it to the final last year, and only for the football committment, who knows?  Will the Johns maybe try the Junior level next year, hhmmmmm!

Good to see you supporting your own county múinteoirmór ::)

ruairi

4 points is def not a tanking in hurling.its a pity they didnt make it to the final. would have been nice for another northern team to get there.