Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

It'll be interesting to see how Bredagh do in Div3. They're a handy enough outfit in the Down Div1 and should be able of getting results against St Pauls, Cushendun and the likes. If they can bring some of their young talent through then they might be in with a shout at promotion in their first year in that league.

nrico2006

I heard that Carrickmore of Tyrone and Sean Treacys of Lurgan were looking to get into the Antrim league this year too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

the colonel

leagues could get very complicated with a vast number of other teams starting appearing in. Although it may be to the benefit of Ulster hurling.

I would imagine Neil will be back into the team. Along with PJ to start. Maybe an appearance for Paddy McNaughton (although he only finished with our minors on 2nd January)
the difference between success and failure is energy

múinteoirmór

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2011, 09:24:09 PM
We have a player in div 4 B playing for Antrim! he must be lording it in that division.

Are you serious MiltownRow?  A hurler who is playng in Div 4 is currently playing for Antrim?  If that is so, why is he not playing on your Div. 2 team?  HHHmmmmmm!!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

the colonel

Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 20, 2011, 07:08:00 PM
We have a player in div 4 B playing for Antrim! he must be lording it in that division.

Are you serious MiltownRow?  A hurler who is playng in Div 4 is currently playing for Antrim?  If that is so, why is he not playing on your Div. 2 team?  HHHmmmmmm!!

He means Thomas McCann creggan, not St Galls reserves!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: the colonel on January 20, 2011, 07:33:15 PM
Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 20, 2011, 07:08:00 PM

He means Thomas McCann creggan, not St Galls reserves!

So he is talking about football? 
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

Milltown Row2

And so it continues.      WUM alert!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2011, 08:23:45 PM

Sure Thomas McCann got sent off for the footballers the other night and should be free to line out for the hurlers this weekend  ;)

múinteoirmór

Quote from: the colonel on January 21, 2011, 11:34:45 AM

Sure Thomas McCann got sent off for the footballers the other night and should be free to line out for the hurlers this weekend  ;)

Thanks Colonel. Is he part of the hurling panel? Sorry I did not know that either.

Anybody heading down to Parnel Park this Sunday?  Should be an interesting affair!  I hope the lads (although a diminished panel) put in another great performance against the Dubs.

múinteoirmór

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on January 19, 2011, 07:04:13 PM
I'm a Ref lads obviously, so would like to contribute positively on any issues arising without any piss taking, and that doesn't mean shoot the messenger! MR2 you still at it, or have you decided its just too much hassle? Heard you had a good introduction but commitments didn't allow you to get better established.

Hi there Ref.  Are you looking for any umpires?  I would maybe consider taking up this role but I am not 100% sure how to go about it?  I hear, the boys are getting some nice new gear from Croker and are also going to get paid at least £30.00 a match plus travelling expenses to games, just like the referees.  I would be interested more so, if thats the case!

I was just reading an intersting article recently, which I though to be very poignant.  The gist of the article was this and I quote: " If players did not foul, transgress, abuse officials such as the referee, strike others with the stick or their fist, trip or kick an opponent, and played within the rules of the game, there would be no whistle blowing, name taking, issuing of red/yellow cards and therefore no need for referees".  But it did not say there was no need for umpires.  Thats why I am looking to get my name on the umpire books!

múinteoirmór

Almost forgot.  Great news about our Ger (Ger Rogan) getting the Derry job, both Senior and U21's.  Sure to be raking in a few shackles for that role!  Good to see the true hurling commitment from a fellow Rossa man helping another county out.  I must call to the club on Thursday night and see if Ger is going to decorate the bar with a few free scoops.

Isn't it great that others see fit to call on clubmen such as ours to revitalise hurling in an ailing county such as Derry! ;D

gelvis

"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

ruairi

good luck to the team on Sunday. It will be a much tougher test. Dublin have improved dramatically in last 5 years and at the moment are, in my opinion, better than alot of the "traditional" teams. Hopefully some of the new faces can perform again.

Westmeath was a good scalp to take as they aren't that far off antrim, and well capable of beating us on their day. Sunday will see exactly how much pride and determination this team has against an even better standard of team.

the colonel

Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 21, 2011, 08:04:03 PM
Quote from: the colonel on January 21, 2011, 11:34:45 AM

Thanks Colonel. Is he part of the hurling panel? Sorry I did not know that either.

Anybody heading down to Parnel Park this Sunday?  Should be an interesting affair!  I hope the lads (although a diminished panel) put in another great performance against the Dubs.

Epic Fail there

Anyway, I see from the county website it says that Jim Connolly has taken over as Rossa manager. Should be a good response

Milltown Row2

Good to see lads like Jim getting involved with the teams. Jim has been working with juveniles for a while and I glad that he has taken this on. Hope he instills the passion and commitment needed to get out of div 2 and compete at senior again.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea