Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Oh dear! Was there a vote on this? How it pan out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

múinteoirmór

Are there any limitations to what you can do on here?  Any advice would be helpful!
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

the colonel

be blinkered in your support for your club, abuse people, dislike those who are already disliked and engage in rumour mongering for what happened where, as you heard from a good source and you'll be ok

oh and talk about hurling the odd time  ;)
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

At times its even better if you dont mention hurling at all!

múinteoirmór

Quote from: NAG1 on January 19, 2011, 02:50:29 PM

sure is it not a hurling forum?
We haven't gone away ya know!!!!  And just as long as we beat the Huns (Johns) Gerrys wee team!

theskull1

It is but don't let that stop you not talking about it  :)

As long as your not the old admin from the antrim website I'm sure you'll enjoy contributing to the chat
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

Quote from: múinteoirmór on January 19, 2011, 05:28:07 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 19, 2011, 02:50:29 PM

sure is it not a hurling forum?

you'll soon learn
the difference between success and failure is energy

ManInBlackandGreen

I'm a Ref lads obviously, so would like to contribute positively on any issues arising without any piss taking, and that doesn't mean shoot the messenger! MR2 you still at it, or have you decided its just too much hassle? Heard you had a good introduction but commitments didn't allow you to get better established.

ManInBlackandGreen

Maybe I should change my Handle to Maninredblueblack when the new referees kit takes the field for the National League.

Milltown Row2

Commitments elsewhere have limited my involvement, will get back into it but would like to have a few more games with the club before i finally pack it in.

I enjoyed it but can be costly enough, i never claimed for doing any games i refereed. the hassle of getting the paper work up to casement was a nuisance.

I hope to be at it (and refereeing) later on. Maybe get a go at refereeing senior games, couldn't do any worse that whats about ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Just Puck It

We play Dublin this Sunday then.  How's everyone feel about the game?

After last year's qualifier in Croke, I'd like to see us continue to win against Dublin.  They are an opponent who we should be looking to beat every time we play them.  I'm not saying that we are so much better than them, but in order for us to see progression we want to leave the mind set that they are a team we can beat every time we go out on the pitch. 

From the game against Westmeath the forward line put up a good score for the limited experience they have.  It will be different against Dublin though, they'll have much more fire power than Westmeath.  Anyone know what sort of team they'll be putting out?

aontroim

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 18, 2011, 08:34:08 AM
What are the complete line-ups per division?

Presuming it will be as things finished last year;

DIV 1
Loughgiel
Cushendall
Dunloy
Ballycran
Ballygalget
Portaferry
Glenariffe
St. John's

DIV 2
Ballycastle
Rossa
Gaeil Chluana
Carey Faughs
St. Galls
Gort Na Mona
Tir na Nog
Lamh Dhearg
Glenarm

DIV 3
St. Paul's
Armoy
Cloughmills
Sarsfields
Cushendun
Rasharkin
Glenravel
Bredagh

DIV 4A
St. Teresas
St. Endas
St. Galls 2
Mc Dermotts
All Saints
Davitts

DIV 4B
St. Agnes
Creggan
Ballela
Ardoyne
Latharna Og

Milltown Row2

We have a player in div 4 B playing for Antrim! he must be lording it in that division.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Just Puck It on January 19, 2011, 09:16:32 PM
We play Dublin this Sunday then.  How's everyone feel about the game?

After last year's qualifier in Croke, I'd like to see us continue to win against Dublin.  They are an opponent who we should be looking to beat every time we play them.  I'm not saying that we are so much better than them, but in order for us to see progression we want to leave the mind set that they are a team we can beat every time we go out on the pitch. 

From the game against Westmeath the forward line put up a good score for the limited experience they have.  It will be different against Dublin though, they'll have much more fire power than Westmeath.  Anyone know what sort of team they'll be putting out?

Dubs beat Limerick tonight in a challenge - 4 20 to 1 11.

Hmmmmmm

maxpower

delighted to see the leagues stay the same, though Ballycastle was always a good game but...

Do think they should have give consideration to a play off between 2nd bottom div1 and 2nd in div2. The rationale being their seems to be a yoyo effect developing from div 1, st johns down and straight up, ballycastle will be hot favourites to do the same. I think its important the opportunity for promotion seems realistic to the remaining teams in the division, Rossa, St Galls especially

In terms of the county team I think we are developing the nucleas of a decent team, this improvement in our level together with the seeming mediocrity of a lot of other traditional big Counties (Cork, Clare, Limerick, Offaly, Dublin) means Antrim could see their stock rise this year again.   
What happens next????