Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Quote from: Syd on May 16, 2007, 10:25:18 PM
All County Division 1

Glenariffe beat St Galls by 5 tonight in Milltown.  ;D

Yes Syd you won and deservedly so we never came out in the second half. We were 2 points up then you replied with 4 unanswered points we seemed very flat and stick work was poor. We had about ¾ players that hurled well the rest seemed to just go through the motions.

Thought Tosh was quiet, your fullback got skinned in the first half by Mackers but the rest hurled hard, your mentors were losing it in the first half that's no good.

I like Ray as a referee as he tries not to blow the whistle too much but this is were frustration can boil over and it's hard to call, I personally think if a forward is being constantly fouled, jersey holding off the ball the best advantage he can get is the a free 21/30 yards out, our lads were getting to the ball Ray was giving advantage but then our lads either miss hit the ball or lost it, no advantage.

Some of our players were also thinking about the under 21 game on Friday not focused on the game in hand. Good win for yourselves it's been a couple of years since you beat us

Syd

I agree with you about our mentors, well one in particular. We were going mad about it at h/t. Tosh was quiet, but in fairness any other times he has been quiet we havent won because we rely on him so heavily. I thought when Mackers went round our FB for the goal it may have been a long night but in fairness he knuckled down after that, Mackers is the kind of player you can knock out of the game, plenty of ability but he is in and out a lot, would say the same about Gaga too. We were trying to think of the last time we beat youse up there but couldnt remember ! That is the first time i have played against CJ and have to say his striking was really poor for the majority of the game. Where is Kieran McGourty?

milltown row

keiran was in france, i'd have took CJ off after ten minutes he didn't want to know, with all the games (all those players play football) going on at the minute we have not had a chance to train, come june we will start back, stick work should have improved and the fitness is already there.

i got the shephards crook 5 minutes before the game  :'( as the under 21 footballers arrived, kicked my heels the whole game on the line, but if i'm playing then we don't have all our players available.

if CJ had have stayed in the corner and fought for the ball he would have been more effective than he was, some of our main players were quiet too but come Championship i'm sure you will see a different team

Syd

Quote from: milltown row on May 17, 2007, 09:14:43 AM

i got the shephards crook 5 minutes before the game  :'( 

Where would you have been playing? I could maybe have given you a slap!  ;)

milltown row

i played for years in the backs but with the age catching up i've turned into a corner forward. would have relished playing last night, being part of the management for the past three years now so it's always difficult to pick yourself, promote the youth and all that crap

Arthur_Friend

Syd

imtommygunn

Sarsfields took a fair old hammering last night. Looks like they may be out of their depth at that level.

Gort Na Mona beat by Glenarm is an odd result too.  Maybe they were concentrating on the football.

Syd I reckon you sound like a nasty corner back...

Arthur_Friend

Sounds good Syd, where do you buy the tickets. Do I need to ask which mentor was going mental on the sideline?

Syd

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on May 17, 2007, 11:29:55 AM
Sounds good Syd, where do you buy the tickets. Do I need to ask which mentor was going mental on the sideline?

Well he wasnt as guilty as the other one believe it or not.

Arthur_Friend

the colonel

so the ulster final has been changed back to casement, complaining should stop
the difference between success and failure is energy

milltown row

can any of the down posters tell me if their clubs are playing senior hurling this wed night? has the county board called of their games due to the replay with Derry

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on May 22, 2007, 08:09:48 AM
can any of the down posters tell me if their clubs are playing senior hurling this wed night? has the county board called of their games due to the replay with Derry

Lamh Dhearg    Cushendall    Lamh Dhearg   23/05/2007   19:30   Ray Matthews      
Sarsfields    St. Johns    Sarfields   23/05/2007   19:30   Garrett Duffy      
Rossa    Dunloy    Rossa   23/05/2007   19:30   Eugene McHugh      
Ballycran    St. Galls    Ballycran   23/05/2007   20:00   Declan Magee

I wouldn't be expecting Ballycran to appear Milltown, their county contingent is fairly sizeable now.

milltown row

well, we have had no notification to tell us so all players have been contacted, crazy situation developing here. will the fixtures that are fixed for next wed go ahead as Antrim will be playing that sunday in the final. i doubt it very much double standards