Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Surprising result. Thought Cloughmills would have had a lot more to them. Seems Junior hurling is not as strong as i thought. I know they are playing 'senior' clubs but they should still win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

twotwocharlie

check  out www.winonehundredthousand.ie     great prize

good deal available for any club willing to promote draw in their area

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2010, 03:53:30 PM
Surprising result. Thought Cloughmills would have had a lot more to them. Seems Junior hurling is not as strong as i thought. I know they are playing 'senior' clubs but they should still win

what people dont consider at this level is that a team from Monaghan/Donegal etc will not only be their senior champs but a lot of their players will be playing intercounty. Antrim junior is not as strong as people think because Antrim have a proper system where the winners get promoted. This leaves weaker teams behind for the next year. I can almost gaurantee that the Antrim junior champs wont win Ulster next year again. The winner will come from Donegal/Derry or Monaghan.

imtommygunn

I'd have thought donegal,monaghan or tyrone. Derry don't even have a junior.

Just reading Keady only scored 1 from play yesterday. Doesn't sound good for them.

gelvis

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 25, 2010, 11:13:06 PM

what people dont consider at this level is that a team from Monaghan/Donegal etc will not only be their senior champs but a lot of their players will be playing intercounty. Antrim junior is not as strong as people think because Antrim have a proper system where the winners get promoted. This leaves weaker teams behind for the next year. I can almost gaurantee that the Antrim junior champs wont win Ulster next year again. The winner will come from Donegal/Derry or Monaghan.

Sure Cloughmills had three county players this year.....
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Milltown Row2

St Johns will have to put in a better first half performance than they did against the Fermanagh champions. Gorts played Carrickmore over two games last time (though the referee got the score wrong :o) and was tight enough.

not a lot of players from Carrickmore play both, for those that do its a golden opportunity to play in two finals in both codes.

I predict a 8/9 point win for the Johnnies, with B McFaul getting the lions share of the scores, he is faster than any player in the county at the minute, he won the 'HUMAN RACE' at the dogs for the Club Antrim fundraiser
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

With Tyrone a close second and Tony third :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 26, 2010, 04:41:43 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2010, 01:28:27 PM
St Johns will have to put in a better first half performance than they did against the Fermanagh champions. Gorts played Carrickmore over two games last time (though the referee got the score wrong :o) and was tight enough.

I know not too many players play both but its a golden opportunity for the club.

I predict a 8/9 point win for the Johnnies, with B McFaul getting the lions share of the scores, he is faster than any player in the county at the minute, he won the 'HUMAN RACE' at the dogs for the Club Antrim fundraiser
???

It give me a sore head after reading that back ;D fixed it

Milltown Row2

yes i know, county football final and Ulster club. is that match on this Sunday? Casement?

I'll be in Cross, O Donnells playing first, so will be in boozer. you heading down Hardstation?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 25, 2010, 11:24:27 PM
I'd have thought donegal,monaghan or tyrone. Derry don't even have a junior.

Just reading Keady only scored 1 from play yesterday. Doesn't sound good for them.
Derry do have junior-Eoghan Rua (Coleraine) and Na Magha. Eoghan Rua could won this if their footballers play and Na Magha are well able too.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: gelvis on October 26, 2010, 11:07:27 AM

Sorry didnt realise that-do they all get game time or are they fringe players

NAG1

well if you didnt know that they had 3 county panelists in the first place would that lead you to believe that they were first teamers?  ;)

Last Man

Its all very well having the skilled players lads but as we all know its how they stand up when the hard questions are being asked, look no further than our current Ulster champions who Nelson has managed to tranform mentally which has been the secret to their success, as they were always able to hurl. Cloughmills have often promised over the last few years but have not delivered when expected, but their emerging talent is still young and their best is yet to come.

NAG1

Last Man Im not begruding anything to the Ulster Champions at all, but I think your getting ahead of yourself saying they are mentally transformed. Lets look at it in the cold light of day now.

(Again they are Antrim and Ulster Champions and this is just my opinion not taking away from the fact that they have won it at all)

They beat Dunloy on one of the worst off days that they have had in championship hurling in 20 years.

They beat Cushendall who played extremely poorly by their standards and still could have (and maybe should have) won the game with the chances they had inside the last few minutes.

They beat a Ballygalget side one of the weakest ever to emerge to this stage from the Co Down in recent times for sure.

They beat Keady enough said.

My point is that until we see them outplaying and beating a team playing at the top of their game in opposition to them then we wont know how transformed they really are.

However I do believe these victories will give them more confidence and they will themselves be better and harder to beat next year.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 26, 2010, 08:56:56 PM
Quote from: gelvis on October 26, 2010, 11:07:27 AM

Sorry didnt realise that-do they all get game time or are they fringe players

Smiley (about 21/22 - at a guess), Laverty (18/19) and Devlin (18/19) were part of the county panel last year. Both Smiley and Devlin got some game time in a couple of the National League games, although I don't think either started a game. None of them saw any action in the championship.