Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Honestly?? Antrim teams should really be beating a Donegal senior team (no offence) Cloughmills are decent enough and i wish them well
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2010, 10:13:10 PM
Honestly?? Antrim teams should really be beating a Donegal senior team (no offence) Cloughmills are decent enough and i wish them well
I do think cloughmills will win but it wont be easy. Cloughmills are junior in Antrim-maybe lower end Intermediate and  Donegal senior champions will compete at this level. dont forget Naomh Colmcille(Tyrone Team) beat Rasharkin in final last year

pdiddy

Any predictions for the Ulster Semis this weekend? 

I'll go for Loughgiel by 6 and Keady by 1.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

johnneycool

Loughgeil at a canter.

Wee Graham will be doing well to keep the ball pucked out.

;)

Milltown Row2

Aye no need to turn up for that one Johnny, might to that game, what time is it at?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Red Hurley

Keady by 10 and will give Shamrocks their fill of it

clootfromthe21

Jesus, lads, by the time we get to the Kilkenny game, we'll have such a head of steam up that they'll hardly be able for us . . no ? ? . .  anyone ? ? . . anyone? ?

Minder

Pretty straightforward for the Shamrocks today, Ballygalget were awful in fairness. Should be a one sided final against Keady in a couple of weeks. Pretty poor crowd.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Was a poor enough match, Ballygalget seemed pyhsically small all over (bar magic) the ball never came into the big man and when it did he was too far out and his first touch was woeful if truth be known.

Keady winning not much of a shock, some boys on here fancied it, had a flutter on it also at 7/4 good value.

St Johns made hard work of it in the first half but duffed them handy in the second half. (wasn't at it)

When is the final?

Oh heard that there is some serious horse trading going on at the minute, should know better when the season ends on the 24th

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2010, 08:41:57 AM
Was a poor enough match, Ballygalget seemed pyhsically small all over (bar magic) the ball never came into the big man and when it did he was too far out and his first touch was woeful if truth be known.

Keady winning not much of a shock, some boys on here fancied it, had a flutter on it also at 7/4 good value.

St Johns made hard work of it in the first half but duffed them handy in the second half. (wasn't at it)

When is the final?

Oh heard that there is some serious horse trading going on at the minute, should know better when the season ends on the 24th

We'd a poor day yesterday, never really got going and allowed Loughgeil too much time and space to play the type of hurling they wanted to play.
In my experience you need to be up the arse of the Loughgeil lads to put them under the type of pressure to prevent the nice flicks and passes that they like to do. We never did that and paid the price.
There's not too many of our lads had a good hour, some played in spells but not enough to really trouble Loughgeil. We'd a young lad in the corner who hadn't the confidence to play a few yards out in front of the corner forward,especailly when facing a free, and as there was an acre of space was always going to be second to the ball which didn't need to be that good. His confidence was gone long before the game was over. No one seemed to be talking and advising the lad during the game which worries me most.
Route one to Magic is all great and good but he's no miracle worker and even when he did win the ball can't beat three or four every time. We'd three other forwards who didn't touch much leather the whole game and that isn't good enough. Our bench is too weak, two lads out with broken hands and the game was 6 months early for Gabriel Clarke who was brought on after missing over a years hurling through a bad leg break. We'll need to blood another few minors next year and hope they come up trumps.

I was impressed with some of the Loughgeil defending in particular the No 7 and McGarry the fullback is exactly the type of character you need in there, not the prettiest but effective.
Watson is definately buggered by his knee and won't be any use against better teams unless he gets it sorted.
We're certainly not a big team, but neither are Loughgeil so when the pitches are heavier I'm not sure how they'll cope.

I can't see Keady bothering them too much but they're there on merit and certainly they'll give it a go.

Was there no programs yesterday?

wino

JC there were programmes but I guess you had to be in early to get them.  Not much on them an A4 page with teams and ulster coucil fixtures.

pdiddy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 11, 2010, 08:41:57 AM

When is the final?

The Senior final is on 24th October.  I assume the intermediate is on the same day but could be wrong.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Yes just heard its on the same day as the senior. Casement?? Though we played our final in Newry last year against the Tyrone Champions.

Carrickmore have their football final on the same day!! not too many play both but will cause a lot of supporters to attend the football final instead i'd imagine.

Which begs the question, is the Gaa looking after the dual clubs?

KIDDO 4

Carrickmore have yet to reach the football final , replaySat.