Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Last years county final was a good game of hurling I thought anyway. At least there was a few scores of note in it

Is anyone else struggling with the fact that "thehurler" was right all along  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Think he was by default dont think that counts  ;)

Last years game was a very exciting game, had a bit of everything, LG went 25-30mins of yesterdays game without a score, Cushendall will be sitting wondering how the cup isnt sitting on the Lurig bar right now. But thats sport.

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on September 27, 2010, 11:33:18 AM
Last years county final was a good game of hurling I thought anyway. At least there was a few scores of note in it

Is anyone else struggling with the fact that "thehurler" was right all along  :)

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

After the game yesterday i fancied ballycran to win ulster, then i heard they got tanked by one of the worst teams i have seen all year.

I'll not doubt that last man as we've had some horrendous performances in the league this year but we have come on leaps and bounds the last few games and have stumbled on a formula which works for us. We've lost two young lads to broken hands/fingers and the bench isn't the strongest but we'll give it a real go.
The bodies will no doubt be favourites in two sunday's time with home advantage and all that  ;)

Trout

Quote from: NAG1 on September 27, 2010, 11:40:46 AM
Think he was by default dont think that counts  ;)

Last years game was a very exciting game, had a bit of everything, LG went 25-30mins of yesterdays game without a score, Cushendall will be sitting wondering how the cup isnt sitting on the Lurig bar right now. But thats sport.

No mystery. There forwards were shite. A couple of them have never been anything more than passengers. Micky McCambridges dirty, off the ball antics came back to bite him.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

NAG1

In fairness, I saw the second incident and there was certainly a dive involved, but he shouldnt have been in that situation and should know better with his experience. As well as this not that I am apologising for him here, but the loughgile player struck with the hurl in the first instance and managed to not get booked someone explain that one to me!

wino

Quote from: Shrek on September 27, 2010, 09:15:44 AM
As most have said was an awful game of hurling and like last year i didn't see one good game of championship hurling at all and i was at all of them. (not that loughgiel will give a damn today)

Im sure Cushendall will be kicking themselves as they totally dominated most of the game just didnt get the scores when on top. Loughgiel where kept in the game with some very soft frees.

I also thought the ref gave a very poor performance and as was said on here already and as i expected wasnt up to the job and seemed to favour loughgiel IMO, i would have to agree with  some of the dall folk close to me who couldnt believe there was only one minute extra time.

After the game yesterday i fancied ballycran to win ulster, then i heard they got tanked by one of the worst teams i have seen all year.

totally dominated the game, referees favouring LG, not enough injury time, soft frees, dives  -  doesn't matter much how much nonsense you or nag1 talk.  Loughgiel won because they scored 1 point more than the Dall - maybe your simple brains cant understand that.   

NAG1

Yeah its hard to comprehend alright wino!

IMO this is a discussion board and is here so that people can discuss their opinions of the game and what happened during the game etc.

If you have something to say about the match then say it.

Shrek

i am afraid your the only one talking nonsense here wino,  i am giving my opinion from a neutral point of view, maybe you should give your opinion.

Also try reading all the posts before commenting or maybe your simple brain cant understand that.

Quote from: Shrek on September 27, 2010, 09:45:46 AM
iAnyway, congrats to loughgiel, they derserve to win cause they scored the most (i dont buy into the shite that they deserved to win cause they lost so many finals)

wino

Quote from: Shrek on September 27, 2010, 02:07:48 PM
i am afraid your the only one talking nonsense here wino,  i am giving my opinion from a neutral point of view, maybe you should give your opinion.

Also try reading all the posts before commenting or maybe your simple brain cant understand that.

Quote from: Shrek on September 27, 2010, 09:45:46 AM
iAnyway, congrats to loughgiel, they derserve to win cause they scored the most (i dont buy into the shite that they deserved to win cause they lost so many finals)
fair enough Shrek, I should read further back, I still think your wrong on some of your points, but as NAG1 says its about opinions (this is the only thing I could ever agree with NAG1) but....... off to the pub  :)

theskull1

Go easy on the buckfast wino......btw you're late for the monday club. Everybody else will be half winged by now
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

NMcM for me should have been pushed up front early on and AD should have came on earlier than the 7 minutes he got, no better man under the breaking ball and can 'engineer' a point or two. Graffin and Sean D played well but the Dalls forward line didn't do it for me. Neil should have switched with Karl. Of the forwards that did turn up Paddy McGill won a lot of ball but a lot of Loughgeil pressure paid off in the amount of wides they hit.

As a spectacle for the neutral it was pants. The minute for injury time was shy I thought, think it was for Winkers injury I would have added 2 (30 seconds more than really played)

So in the end fair play from Naomh Gall and I hope you push on and do well (I said the same for the other winners) in Ulster and beyond. (Enter Johnnycool ;D)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pdiddy

Congratulations to the Shamrocks.  As Brian Cody always says 'The best team always wins the Final' and who am I to disagree with the great man.  A spirited last 10 minutes from the men in red was enough to see them over the line. 
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

wino

Watched the DVD of the game today with no nerves or drink to distract me. There was some great hurling from both sides. Yes not high scoring but some really good passages of play. The defending was excellent

NAG1

Wino if your not on the drink I would say to stay out of the medicine cabinet  ;)

Was a poor final on both sides, barring maybe the first 5-10mins from LG. Apart from that it was error ridden and slow.
Not that this changes the result or what it means to LG, just no point dressing it up to be something that it wasnt.

Last Man

Wino, yous seem to have left no stone unturned this year and I take it video analysis was part of it.
From the semi final I certainly got the impression no other team would come close in their preparations for a championship campaign. Before anyone goes off on one, thats what it looked like to me as a neutral, they have never looked so organised and more importantly settled.
Has the bar been raised? What will the repercussions be?