Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on September 26, 2010, 08:02:22 PM
Congratulations to Loughiel this will lift the spirits of the village after so many final defeats. Hopefully Ballycastle will be ready to lunch a serious attack on the championship next year and bring back a bit of old traditional rivalry with the Shamrocks. :)

surely you'll be playing in the other Championship ;) Div 2 teams playing Intermediate
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: Fairhead on September 26, 2010, 07:54:51 PM
Things could get messy around here for a while  ::)

I was thinking the same thing  :).
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

I don't think even the hardest hearts would begrudge fellas like Johhny Campbell, DD Quinn and Barney Mc Auley that were there for all the final defeats. Loughgile were able to bring on subs to keep the energy levels up towards the end, Cushendall didnt seem to have anything on the bench that the management trusted to bring on.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Fairhead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2010, 07:58:32 PM
Fairhead, what happened to that young lad from Carey? our reserve game called off due to his un timely death.

Meninigitis, MR2. Terrible, terrible tragedy for the family.

Baile an tuaigh

Quote from: Fairhead on September 26, 2010, 08:25:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 26, 2010, 07:58:32 PM
Fairhead, what happened to that young lad from Carey? our reserve game called off due to his un timely death.

Meninigitis, MR2. Terrible, terrible tragedy for the family.

What was the young persons name? Very tough on the family. Máire Banríon na nGael ag guí ar a shon.

NAG1

Total tradegy for the family puts everything into perspective!

On todays game worst final in a long time, cushendall be wondering how they lost this one.

Loughgiel failed to put a score on the board for more than half the match, but not that they will care tonight.

Poor season all round in fairness

Milltown Row2

Aye thought it was very stop start. How Cushendall let it slip was poor. Two in a row for them now!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

They did seem very fragile today at times when a championship winning team (which they have been) should have taken the match and got over the line!

Tony Baloney

There will be some Monday club in The Pound tomorrow...

Last Man

Well done L'giel yesterday, while my heart was with the Ruaris you couldn't begrudge the fellas that Minder mentioned already and as it happened were the standout players for the shams.
Their massive efforts have paid off this year and they have taken a big step forward, but is it sustainable???
Big PJ will surely dine out on ths one for a year or 2.

Shrek

As most have said was an awful game of hurling and like last year i didnt see one good game of championship hurling at all and i was at all of them. (not that loughgiel will give a damn today)

Im sure Cushendall will be kicking themselves as they totally dominated most of the game just didnt get the scores when on top. Loughgiel where kept in the game with some very soft frees.

I also thought the ref gave a very poor performance and as was said on here already and as i expected wasnt up to the job and seemed to favour loughgiel IMO, i would have to agree with  some of the dall folk close to me who couldnt believe there was only one minute extra time.

After the game yesterday i fancied ballycran to win ulster, then i heard they got tanked by one of the worst teams i have seen all year.

NAG1

Shrek not a bad summation Ray doesnt seem to like to see LW get any sort of tackle and thought some of the things he missed were exceptionally obvious but there you go.

Minder

How many minutes did he play? It was at least two minutes. The way Cushendall were shooting I'm not sure it would have mattered. I actually thought Matthews was poor for both teams, some blatant fouls were let go and then he was blowing up for innocuous ones. One thing I will say, and everyone else has said, he isn't fit enough to keep up with the play. Towards the end Loughgile were shouting for a free in the corner towards the control tower and Ray was at the midfield line so there was no way he could see it. Cushendall have nobody to blame but themselves though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Shrek

i only noticed as the people beside me mentioned it -  he played 1 min 30 secs.  Minder im sure Cushendall wont be blaming anyone but themselves, but i know if i was from the Dall i wouldnt be too happy with his performance.  But as you said he was far from fit which from what i was told was obvious from the semi-final which makes you wonder how he got a final in the first place.

Anyway, congrats to loughgiel, they derserve to win cause they scored the most (i dont buy into the shite that they deserved to win cause they lost so many finals)