Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

match versus Portaferry is Ulster League semi final with winners to play Loughgiel

Like skull i'm very surprised at this stage of the season we're the only team to have tried to rearrange a match, or that matches haven't been rearranged for less worthwhile reasons. We probaly can't win the league anyhow but the fine is significant in these times

is there a cut off date for the remaining fixtures to be played
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Its not uncommon for games to 'double up' near the end of the season, and i believe its sometimes a good smart call by the clubs.

As a dual club we have always ran in to fixture congestion nearing the end of the year thats the price we have paid for being in the latter stages of the Antrim football Championship. But getting the county to help clubs (well ours) in these situations is near impossible.

I am sure this was all above board. Sunday the 23rd October i think is the last Sunday for games.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pdiddy

Quote from: theskull1 on September 13, 2010, 04:55:09 PM
I have no clue if "the rules" have been broken (whatever they are). I'd like to understand what "the rules" are in terms of match fixtures. Is there a link on the County website that would clear this up?

Being an easy going sort, I'd have no problems with that myself if the clubs were up against fixtures conjestion and agreed to do this just in the same way I'd be as understanding that a team couldn't field for a hurling match if they had a championship football match the following evening and were looking the game postponed. Bear in mind the fball champ match had to be refixed from the Saturday to the Monday night because we had players representing the county in the U21 semi final on the Sat.

Might be worth posing the question in the forum of the County Website ;) God knows what kind of drivel you'd get back from the moderator ::)
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

new to this website, yes the two teams agreed to play it on a Tues night, think the shamrocks was happy enough of a tough game against ballygran in build up to championship, hopefully be playing them in a ulster championship;-)
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Totally missed the point!  :D

aontroim

Right lads who's been 'peddling idiotic conspiracy theories for gormless, gullible clowns who happily suck it all in' ??  :D

theskull1

I would have posted it if I'd have wanted to. I didn't

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

pdiddy

Quote from: aontroim on September 14, 2010, 10:50:39 AM
Right lads who's been 'peddling idiotic conspiracy theories for gormless, gullible clowns who happily suck it all in' ??  :D

LOL. Just read the official site   ;D and although I suggested it I certainly didn't post it.

By the way, the Ballycran v Loughgiel game was played at St Paul's - FACT  :D
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

maxpower

Went over to Greenlough for the Derry football semi, fantastic nights entertainment. Was £4 in, £2 for OAP, you have to wonder why our games are twice the price
What happens next????

NAG1

Twice the quality max
or is it half the crowd?  ???

Total disgrace the price at the gates for the championship matches this year, dont know what they are thinking with the pricing scheme.

maxpower

The crowd in Greenlough was huge, though the pavillon takes a fair bit of spectator space away in comparison to Ballycastle but definately more there

it might sound petty enough, but for a couple to watch both semi finals in Antrim would cost £32, i think the GAA should really have taken the lead in terms of ticket prices during this recession and shown itself to be an organisation of the people, there will still be plenty of years ahead to make plenty of money
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Madness pricing really. Following our club these last 10 years has cost us a fortune. Dunloy supporters can relate to that, with Ulster Club football though we are all over (more rounds) were as the Hurling is mainly always at Casement. So we would have slightly more expense.

Can we complain? no hope it continues for another ten years :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

anyone any idea what the draw is for Ulster Championship is, and when the games are? Will winners next weekend have as much of a break between games as there was between antrim semi and finals
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Was pretty hot on the heels of the county final last year if Im thinking right, the following week I think.

Dont know what the panic is when the lights are there now anyway.