aontroim

Quote from: Minder on September 12, 2010, 04:26:56 PM
Div 2 for our boys next year  :'(

And Div 1 again the following year  :D

johnneycool

Quote from: Minder on September 12, 2010, 04:26:56 PM
Div 2 for our boys next year  :'(

no quite just yet.

We've still Ballycastle to visit and I'll not consider us safe unless we get a result there.

Plus who knows what sort of a team Dunloy would put out against you  ;)

maxpower

Do we have anymore league fixtures left? i thought we just had to play Loughgiel and the Dall, two games unlikely to be played now
What happens next????

NAG1

Is the ulster league still not to play Max?

Minder

Quote from: maxpower on September 13, 2010, 11:37:56 AM
Do we have anymore league fixtures left? i thought we just had to play Loughgiel and the Dall, two games unlikely to be played now

Youse definetly have to play us, and it is our final game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on September 13, 2010, 11:37:56 AM

And you've also another run down to Ballycran??

maxpower

Ballycran must have been awarded the points for that game, see we're minus 1 in the league tables, yes play Portaferry at Casement on Wednesday night.

What way does the league stand at the bottom, can Glenarriffe stay up by beating us
What happens next????

pdiddy

Max, is your game with Portaferry the Ulster League final?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on September 13, 2010, 01:23:29 PM
Ballycran must have been awarded the points for that game, see we're minus 1 in the league tables,

What happened there as you had the game called off due to intermediate football championship??

yes play Portaferry at Casement on Wednesday night.

That must be the other semi-final with the winners to play Loughgeil

What way does the league stand at the bottom, can Glenarriffe stay up by beating us

If Glenarriffe beat you then yes they're safe and that'd leave us to battle it out with Ballycastle in the last game for both of us to decide who's bottom. A draw wouldn't be good enough for us due to the points difference.

theskull1

Ballycran must have been awarded the points for that game, see we're minus 1 in the league tables, yes play Portaferry at Casement on Wednesday night.

I see that Max. As long as they're being consistent then you couldn't argue with the Counties decision. Hard but fair you would think. And we need look no further to our near neighbours to learn lessons for the future. The county must be very proud of how they are showing the way it can be done....see below

Tuesday 17th August 2010
Antrim Div 1 Hurling
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
Ballycran    0-14   0-14   Loughgiel    Ballycran   Round 11

Sunday 22nd August 2010
Antrim Div 1 Hurling
Team 1   Score   Score   Team 2   Venue   Comment   
Ballycran    -   -   Dunloy    Ballycran   Conceded by Dunloy

Fair play to Loughgiel for being able to travel to Ballycran on a Tuesday night whereas Dunloy couldn't even field the following Sunday (never mind they had a football championship the following evening with 8/9 players involved). Ballycran must have done well to get a draw from this game ....has anyone any match reports of this game? I'm sure the gate for Ballycran wasn't as big as it could have been (what with it being a Tuesday night and all)? Regardless, a point each must have been well deserved wouldn't you say?

What makes this feat of Loughgiels (and Ballycran as well) even more amazing/unbelieveable is that they also played the UHL semi final on the same night which went to extra time
Tuesday 17th Aug 2010
Ulster Hurling League Division 1 Playoffs    Semi Final    7 15 PM       Loch gCaol Seamroga/Loughgiel Shamrocks    1-21    v    Ballycran    1-16    

I presume both teams had to travel to a neutral venue to play the UHL semi either before or after the league game was played. Either way it was an amazing accomplishment (some would say impossible but its down as a result so it must be true). It would be an absolute disgrace if there wasn't tea and sandwiches after the games were over. If there wasn't I'd be kicking up an absolute stink!!!
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

Very interesting Skull.....
the difference between success and failure is energy

johnneycool

Very magnamous of Ballycran to give up a home game and gate to Loughgiel and play the double dunter somewhere in Belfast I think it was played.

Was there any rules broken though?

pdiddy

It would appear that both teams agreed to play the game as a double header. 

As JC states, were any rules broken? 
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

As far as I am aware the Fixtures committee wouldnt allow other teams to do this at different points during the year, so I am wondering how this slipped through the net.

theskull1

I have no clue if "the rules" have been broken (whatever they are). I'd like to understand what "the rules" are in terms of match fixtures. Is there a link on the County website that would clear this up?

Being an easy going sort, I'd have no problems with that myself if the clubs were up against fixtures conjestion and agreed to do this just in the same way I'd be as understanding that a team couldn't field for a hurling match if they had a championship football match the following evening and were looking the game postponed. Bear in mind the fball champ match had to be refixed from the Saturday to the Monday night because we had players representing the county in the U21 semi final on the Sat.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera