Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funtime frankie

pdiddy

Remind me, what did happen at last years Feis? ???
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

the colonel

Heaneys wish I think you should remove that comment. Not an acceptable post
the difference between success and failure is energy

Trout

Quote from: the colonel on September 08, 2010, 09:48:47 AM
Heaneys wish I think you should remove that comment. Not an acceptable post

Cuz the county sec is from your club or is it just in general you don't agree with it?
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

NAG1

Not the place for accusations such as that anyway regardless of who it is about or what it is concerning.
I would advise you take it off as well

On a hurling note I see the Tipp player who struck Thomas McCann got his yellow card upgraded. I thought it was a definite red at the time and if it had of been an Antrim player would have been no hesitation pulling it out.

IMO very cowardly then to go behind his back and suspend him for an All Ireland final. Not on for this type of retrospective banning, unless the ref completely missed the incident.

the colonel

I would say Frankie would still be classed by most as a LD man, but its not the place to be putting accusations like that no matter where he was from.

I'd say the ref Tony Carroll from Offaly was asked to look at it again by the referee assessor which would have been at the game. Met him a couple of times and thought Tony was a nice fella so not sure if he was being cowardly NAG. Just realised his mistake
the difference between success and failure is energy

NAG1

Maybe a bit strong on reflection but my point stands that I dont agree with this retrospective punishment when ref has dealt with it at the time. It was a decision he made at the time and in the game that it was he thought it was a yellow, right or wrong but for that fella to miss an All Ireland final over the head IMO is very strong.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG1 on September 08, 2010, 04:07:47 PM
Maybe a bit strong on reflection but my point stands that I dont agree with this retrospective punishment when ref has dealt with it at the time. It was a decision he made at the time and in the game that it was he thought it was a yellow, right or wrong but for that fella to miss an All Ireland final over the head IMO is very strong.

From what I remember of the incident (trying to blank out that game generally!) McCann caught the ball, turned, sidestepped Coughlan who then caught McCann with his elbow through the faceguard and McCann had to go off for a time bleeding from the mouth.

At the time, I thought it was a definite red card offence and was pretty annoyed that he wasn't sent off.

I know many people are of the view that what the referee does about it at the time should be enough and incidents like this should not be subject to review.

My own view is that they should be open to review. If play constitutes serious foul play, it should be penalised -  a player shouldn't get "rewarded" for getting away with it.

The real problem here for me is that the review (or the decision based on the review) was only announced at the end of last week - it should take place in the week following the incident.

They are going a bit mad about it over on premierview!!

wino

Quote from: NAG1 on September 07, 2010, 01:24:55 PM
Some craic in loughgiel if Herbie gets it after the incidents at last years Feis  :D

Or maybe thats what your at Frankie  ;)
Your still at it - What about Herbie at this years Feis, from what I hear the Dall manager didn't have a good word on him after that.  Going back to last years Feis and all this nonsense about retrospective punishment - your having a laugh.
Practice what you preach in NA.

NAG1

whats your point? Try reading it again and you might understand it then again I doubt that very much.

Did the people involved in the incident get punished? YES!

So I ask again what is your point!

Heaneys Wish

Your County Final is the biggest Hurling match of the year and should go to Referee's with the relevant experience, Hasson, Elliott or Duffy these lads have proved themselves on the big stage this year and have had good exposure, Elliott I believe is doing the All Ireland Intermediate camogie final at the weekend, seen him this year as well as the other lads, and before you say it Mathews is too heavy and not fit enough from what I seen at Dunloy not so long ago. Personally I would plum for Hasson.

pdiddy

Yeah I think Hasson would be a good choice. I'd heard that Elliott won't be refereeing any loughgiel matches in future after what happened in the aftermath of last years Feis in Glenarm !!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

funtime frankie

Still maintain that we shouldn't give the the County Final to an outsider. Hasson is a Derry ref and he is only using us as we are using him but he shouldn't get the County Final. We should use it for our own people - Herbie is the man for the job. Duffy and Elliot have both done a final so, it's only fair that Herbie gets a crack at it.

NAG1

Lads at the end of the day it does not matter one jot who refs the final. The refs all know that it is a big day for the players so they will be going there to do their best and trying not to make any mistakes either road.

I believe that we have some very genuine refs at the minute and questioning them on here will not do any of them any good.

funtime frankie

Thats a fair point NAG and well made. Accept what you have said