Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Puck It

Quote from: pdiddy on September 03, 2010, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: Just Puck It on September 03, 2010, 10:34:46 AM
Quote from: thehurler on September 03, 2010, 09:28:01 AM
On what onthehill and just puck it were saying about the antics of players drinking , i feel this is more of an issue , We have a few like that but Cushendall seem to be infested with good timers we have the  county deserter who'd take it out of a sock , other pin up boys who are disiplined for all day sessions and more of them at it - this seems more of an issue for cushendall than others.Cushendall may have their gym boys etc  but really these guys are negative role models if they go out on drinking benders as they like in the middle of championship.But clubs having the foresight to get help in their teams prepararation is a non issue.

I'm going to have to disagree.  Labelling one of our boys as 'the county deserter' isn't on.  That's done and dusted.  He was one of the best forwards the county had this year.  The rest of what your saying is complete and utter balderdash too!  The only issue I can see here is your obvious lack of grammatical ability! Although I'm glad that you managed to find the full stop on your keyboard eventually!

In bold should read you're - sorry, just had to point out your grammatical ability  ;D

Fair play.

pdiddy

Quote from: NAG1 on September 03, 2010, 09:55:00 AM
Quote from: thehurler on September 03, 2010, 09:28:01 AM
NAG this is a non issue if he is asked by clubs for his help and to take a session or two he will .Maybe cushendall management  haven't asked him for his help , if they did i'm sure he'd help them no problem.Cushendall maybe are lucky that their management doesn't need help , advice etc or just a different voice but if they asked i'm sure they'd have him ..

Its a non issue to clubs who he has coached this year or in previous years, Cushendall being one of them Loughgiel being the other that springs to mind!
Wasnt that long ago that he was on the phone to a certain manager on the sideline during a county final.

Just stating IMO he should go round every club in the county or leave well alone and do the job he is up the road for.

NAG you stated in an earlier post that this would pose a quandary to the County Manager yet you confirm that he has coached both teams at certain times in the past.  I really dont see your point.  Has he refused to coach your club?  Has he even been asked? 
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on September 03, 2010, 08:36:52 AM
Quote from: the colonel on September 02, 2010, 01:43:41 PM
Quote from: pdiddy on September 02, 2010, 01:35:19 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 02, 2010, 08:26:10 AM
'Loughgiel' management, do you not mean Babs one mercenary from st pausl and another from Lavey?  :D

Oh and PS
Does this final now put our esteemed county manager in a quandary?

No, I mean Loughgiel Management.  What's your point?  :-\

Why does it put Dinny Cahill in a quandry?  ???

Dinny has been taking sessions with alot of club teams recently. There was no worry about quandries when he was also taking sessions for ballycastle so shouldnt be now

Is it only me or does anyone else not see a conflict of interest here? He coaches some club team coming up to SHC and not others?
What does that say to the players from the other clubs who are supposed to be part of his panle, this is the kind of nonsense I thought he had learned from the last time he was up here.
Seemingly not

If he's still on the county's payroll (expenses) then I think its a good idea for clubs to avail of his services if required. Cahill does know his stuff and it'd be madness of the county board not to use his expertise as much as possible especially in area's which need that bit extra to get their standards up.

Has Cahill coached any junior or intermediate clubs?

theskull1

Surely him coming into clubs is a "private" decision rather than one the county is "supporting"?

All very strange IMO. Does the man have no home to go home to?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

My point exactly Skull

It is not a set programme by the county for him to improve 'Club' hurling across the board, so again IMO he should not be coaching anyone in the run up to the SHC. Is that not clear?

Dont get me wrong I am not neccessarily blaming the man as he probably wouldnt turn down any request my point is that it is not acceptable for a county manager to be coaching a club team in lead up to a senior competition. On any level.

pdiddy

i think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I cant see the problem as long as he's giving both clubs the opportunity which according to you he has. I assume it will be general coaching he will be giving and not how to beat loughgiel or cushendall or how to exploit individual weaknesses. Does anyone know if he's given many coaching sessions to the 2 clubs?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

thehurler

NAG is just get frightened with all this and is just plain uncertain about his own team.Rightly so as all their main guys seem to do is Drink , Drink and more Drink .....  must be the best customers in the Cushendall bars...Cushendall think they are masters of peaking at the right time , absolute rubbish , their main players just dont care all they worry about is Drink , Drink..........I cannt wait until we destroy them ...

NAG1

My last post on the issue this time around.

I assume it will be general coaching he will be giving and not how to beat loughgiel or cushendall or how to exploit individual weaknesses.

This is exactly what he was doing for two different clubs, totally wrong and out of order, but thats my opinion.

Anyway great match yesterday, shows you how much hunger counts when it comes to hurling. You can train and prepare and do tactics to the cows come home but at the end of the day it always comes down to hunger and desire.

pdiddy

If this is the case then I agree that it should not be happening.

funtime frankie

Who'll get the county final? I think that Herbie should get it.

maxpower

I think Eamon Hasson should get it, very good referee in my opinion, as are Garrett Duffy & Owen Elliott.

hows' the injuries clearing up in both camps.  Its a lovely time of the year when you're preparing for a final and all other activities are closing down for the season.  feeling all melancholy here ::)

Cushendall have the best team imo, a superb forward unit this year, will they play shanebo at FF to cause the same mayhem he caused last year, will mcmanus move up front now Graffin is back or will Graffin be deployed on Winker Watson.
What happens next????

NAG1

I saw the league between the pair earlier in the year, winker played in the corner on Mickey Monty and ran riot so I would expect a change of some description. But I would imagine that Graffin would go to centre half and McManus up front as they need a bit more in that department.

Will Loughgiel put NMcG back to centre forward or will he stay put.

Should actually be a big game if both teams play up to their potential, thing is Loughgiel can never seem to lift themselves against anyone else they way they do to play Dunloy.

CentreHalfBack

MR2 - What happened with the sevens at the weekend?
New season - new reason

funtime frankie

Max, have to disagree with you re Hasson. Not detracting from him as a ref but I believe that the big ocassions in Antrim should be for Antrim men and not outsiders.

The relationship with Hasson suits everybody. Antrim hurling gets a ref, Rasharkin get somebody to fill in for them and it suits Hasson as he can ref games at a higher standard than the hurling in Derry, so, everybody wins.

When it comes to the final it should be our own people that we are promoting. Why should Antrim hurling promote a Derry ref? That's why I think Herbie should get the final but as I say this is not intended to take anything away from Hasson.

NAG1

Some craic in loughgiel if Herbie gets it after the incidents at last years Feis  :D

Or maybe thats what your at Frankie  ;)