Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruairi Og exile

Neil is being told to rest his injury. Surgeon said he if rests his injury he'll be able to hurl some part this summer & get the operation in the winter. Declan McKillop was told not to hurl again due to a hip injury. Kevin Elliott got an operation on his knee last week & will be out for 5-6 weeks. After defeating Cushendall on Sunday the boys over in Castle Greyskull will fancy their chances for the championship.

Johnny Cool, agree about Gabriel Clarke..he was outstanding against us last week, although our midfield was non- exsistent

youngfella

no ya know how he done it?
Pull hard and early

maxpower

Ruairi Og exile, does Declan McKillop have to give up hurling for good.  Youse have been fierce unlucky with injuries/illnesses etc over the last few years.  It would be a huge pity for McKillop after the fine season he had last year

What abut McManus, surely at his age he is not being pushed into this decision so he's available for the county.  I remember him in the papers a few weeks back saying it was great that they diagnosed it early this time as continued playing would only worsen the injury.  seems strange that now he can hurl again
What happens next????

Ruairi Og exile

Max Power, aye think the doctors told him to give up. I dont if he is or if he can do anything to help him play. Know what you mean as regards injuries/illnesses. We lsot Ryan McNaughton for good & then micky monty whole of last year. Long term McManus will have to get the operation eventually, he can play some games then he'll have to rest it for a while then possibly play a few more. We were missing 7 at least, Karl McKeegan was missing on top of ones missing for first two matches.

I know Watson was missing on Sunday, anyhow know who else?? Not sure who else cos of possible retirements/injuries or maybe just not picked to play

maxpower

why was watson missing, bearing in mind that he played against us on thurs so his broken foot couldn't be too bad.

In saying that i think they'd wheel him out in a wheelchair to play us
What happens next????

North Antrim

think shamrocks management are trying a few knew players at min......some of the lads i didnt really know last thursday nite. id say a few of the players hav got a rude awakening this year wi their new management team. was talking top a player over weekend and said training was very tough this year!!!!

johnneycool

Quote from: North Antrim on May 08, 2007, 02:51:53 PM
think shamrocks management are trying a few knew players at min......some of the lads i didnt really know last thursday nite. id say a few of the players hav got a rude awakening this year wi their new management team. was talking top a player over weekend and said training was very tough this year!!!!

The strength which cost the shamrocks dearly last year can't be got from running round a field. You either have it or you don't.

Noname

Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on May 08, 2007, 01:59:27 PM
We were missing 7 at least, Karl McKeegan was missing on top of ones missing for first two matches.

i heard that Karl Mckeegan was missing because he went to play golf instead of going to the match, can you clarify this exile.........if it is true speaks volumes for Karl.

i heard before that his commitment to C'dall was questionable, this maybe proves it.

Ruairi Og exile

Aye he was away Golfing,alot of people unhappy about this

podge

I said it on here last year and I will say it again.  L'giels biggest problem is that they just don;t know what their best team is.  If they let a few players setlle into positions they would be a lot better  e.g after having played barney mc auley in almost every position, they have finally settled him in c back and he is reaping the reward.  Last year they were close because they had a more settled team and then they brought roadstone back! swevvy was man of match in the one of the finals and is now nowhere.  they had a young 19 year old, whitey, playing full back (one of the most importnat positions) for a season and now he is nowhere!  they must have tried 5 full backs over the last few years!  too many decent hurler are wasted in loughgiel because they aren;t allowed to settle into pa position

NAG

I hear DD has pulled the pin on the county panel.
There must be seriously something rotten with this set up when people like that are walking away from it. I am also hearing reports that people are missing training when it suits and only showing up when they want. I also hear that Brian Delargy is starting CHF on sunday well if that is the satndard S&W are aiming for then we are very badly off.

Woody would be better worrying about the people that are there instead of spouting off in the southern press that there is no way back to the squad for those that have been asked to leave.

Are we any further on please someone tell me?

Big Bob

Not at all wrong with the set-up

girt_giggler

Quote from: the colonel on May 08, 2007, 04:16:58 PM
Quotethink shamrocks management are trying a few knew players at min......some of the lads i didnt really know last thursday nite

the team on thursday is on the www.northantrimgaa.com

bit strange seeing timmy mcfaddens name in there. havent seen him hurl in a couple of years.

you havent seen many people hurl past couple of years sure...

girt_giggler

being out of the country and all that

girt_giggler

mmmm...i thought i did but maybe im wrong, 'uni' has confused me. i thought my person was travelling!