Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

12 players came up to us after the game last night Skull and told us that they can't make the game this Saturday, expect a call from the manager

youngfella

Bogie is taking the county minors!!!  :o You have to be having a laugh!

He trained the ballycastle footballers lst yr and the hurlers a few yrs ago and carey aswell!

christ help the young fellas
Pull hard and early

johnneycool

Quote from: youngfella on May 03, 2007, 10:37:55 AM
Bogie is taking the county minors!!!  :o You have to be having a laugh!

He trained the ballycastle footballers lst yr and the hurlers a few yrs ago and carey aswell!

christ help the young fellas

Is Paul McStravick not the main man with the Antrim minors this year? I'm almost certain he left the Down camogs to take up the role at the beginning of the year.

aontroim

Thats right JC, McStravick is the man in charge, boogie must only be a trainer.

Baile an tuaigh

How is the Ulster minor Hurling teams shaping up this year? Like are they playing in any competitions with southern teams so we can roughly gage what to expect or hope for this year? This last three years Antrim were fierce unlucky....

milltown row

we are down to play Loughgiel next week (wed) in senior and reserve but they have us down for the same time does Loughgiel use two pitches for games?

aontroim

Milltown that is probably the case - they have 2 very good hurling fields up there and no question that they can field 2 teams at once!

theskull1

Quote from: milltown row on May 03, 2007, 09:34:26 AM
12 players came up to us after the game last night Skull and told us that they can't make the game this Saturday, expect a call from the manager

Thanks for the update milltown. So is the match definately off? Word hasn't got down here yet.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

tried phoning manager last night Obviously you had a game with Loughgiel but we are trying to rearrange for another date, good enough reasons for not being there. means i wont get a run out  :(

Guillem2

Results from this afternoon:

Antrim Division 1 Hurling

Glenariff  2-12 3-10 Portaferry
Ballygalget  1-11 0-4 Ballycastle 
Ballycran  0-13 3-10 Dunloy
Loughgiel Shamrocks  1-12 2-4 Cushendall   

Antrim Division 1 Reserve Hurling

Ballycran  0-6 3-9 Dunloy

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

davincicode

Was at the Loughguile Cdall game, thought it was poor, lot of apathy players minds don,t seem to on the game at the moment, although Loughguile where deserved winners in the end.

Just like to post my disgust at the Hurling Fiele, the stories i am hearing Ref" Poor Organisation", kids get one chance a year and the supposed Management who are being paid to do this Full Time could,nt do that right. Frankie hang your head in shame, Ulster Council need to look at this, year after year it gets worse!!!!

Big Bob

Was at the Lough v Dall match on sunday myself. Was down rou d that area for a drive so thought I'd call in. The best team won. I thought they were the better team all over the park. They looked really sharp and some great touches. I think they'd have to be my bet for the championship now. I don't think anyone will come near them.

Lecale2

Impressive wins for Ballygalget & Loughgeil. Anybody at Ballygalget? I thought Ballycastle were improved on last year? Are Ballygalget back to their best after all the injuries of last year?

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 08, 2007, 08:55:15 AM
Impressive wins for Ballygalget & Loughgeil. Anybody at Ballygalget? I thought Ballycastle were improved on last year? Are Ballygalget back to their best after all the injuries of last year?

I wouldn't read an awful lot into the result, Ballycastle travelled fairly weakened due to a wedding according to some of their management. The game was over as a contest fairly early on with magic getting tired with the amount of ball he was getting. Neil McAuley does look to be a fine hurler in the making but I don't think Ballycastle have enough decent young hurlers around to compliment him.

From a Ballygalget viewpoint midfield certainly suits Gabriel Clarke better than his normal wing back berth, that bit more freedom seems to bring out the best in him. Our injury count seems to be building with another two yesterday and that was before our county contingent went off to play Dublin in a friendly in Ballela that evening.

youngfella

Rising star Neil McManus is expected to delay surgery on a back problem in order to play in Antrim's Ulster and All-Ireland hurling championship campaign.

The Cushendall clubman was expected to sit out the championship due to a stress fracture in his lower back, but joint Antrim manager Dominic McKinley has revealed that he could postpone the operation until later in the year.

"Neil will have to go through an operation, but there is the possibility that he could delay that and still play a part this year for us. But he definitely won't play against London this weekend," McKinley said.

Experienced wing back Malachy Molloy is also expected to miss Sunday's championship opener against the Exiles with a hamstring injury.
hogan stand.

jaysus, the young fella should take it easy or he could do more damage. Its bad that the chuckle brothers have allowed/pressureized him to continue, this could end Neil's hurling.
Pull hard and early