Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wino

paddy power odds for the championship are:
Cushendall  11/10
Dunloy 2/1
Loughgiel 5/2
Ballycastle 9/1

Dall favourites as they play the town, dunloy next to them ( current champs) seems about right.

thehurler

Paddy Power deserves to be rid out - throw your money on us . We are certs , the 'dall are not the team they were and Dunloy are a downright poor nasty side. It is our championship to lose and as long as we get the right protection from refs and linesmen it is ours.

pdiddy

Cushendall  11/10
Dunloy 2/1
Loughgiel 5/2
Ballycastle 9/1

So if I were to give you £20 who would you put it on? 

I think I'd have a punt on Loughgiel !!  Cushendall too short at 11/10, Ballycastle not good enough, toss up between Dunloy and Loughgiel so I'd stick it on Loughgiel because of the longer odds.

Any one else any thoughts?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

samboswig

Was at Corrigan last night. Game was good enough craic - the goals killed Rossa. Two soft ones in particular. I was impressed with Simon McCrory. He's a good hurler. I hadn't really seen it before to be honest, but he stood up when it mattered and got a couple of important scores.

Cutt was at his lark as usual. Hateful. Rossa now faced with another year of that sh ite. It won't do their development any favours. If those younger ones don't develop, what happens then?

NAG1

Dont think they are ready to come up just yet and another year improving down there might be just what the doctor ordered. Thats if they continue to put the effort in.

What was the craic with SMcC's scores did he kick them over or just run the ball into the net ala an egg and spoon race?  ;)

the colonel

Milltown whats your odd's on survival in Div 2. Do you think you will stay up? Glenarm look certs to come into it.

Rossa had some great young players on Sunday. Forwards were not scared to take a run at the Dunloy defence, especially Armstrong and McGuinness. Pity their shooting was off.

What was Ger Cutt up to?
the difference between success and failure is energy

HurlingFollower

Simon Mc Crory along with Brian McFall had great games for the Johnnies last night. Again the Rossa forward line looked dangerous when running with the ball, but the goals seemed to suck the life out of them all over the field, though they fought back well from each one. Future in both clubs certainly.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on August 19, 2010, 01:18:52 PM
Milltown whats your odd's on survival in Div 2. Do you think you will stay up? Glenarm look certs to come into it.

Rossa had some great young players on Sunday. Forwards were not scared to take a run at the Dunloy defence, especially Armstrong and McGuinness. Pity their shooting was off.

What was Ger Cutt up to?

will we stay up? will depend on the next two games, we played Carey last week, we won handy and that puts them below us on points and score difference, should we stay ahead of them then we will be grand.

having no manager this year has hampered us. with the success of last year we have a lot of boys away on extended holidays, ok for the footballers but real bad for the hurling team. such a small pool of players to use and they play football also. I'm even back playing for the senior team so that gives you an idea of where we are at!!!

Carey were poor enough against us and we have to play Gaels twice st Paul's and Lamhs at home. The Johnnies will be tough also. nothing guaranteed till the last day, but its in our own hands.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: thehurler on August 19, 2010, 12:47:06 PM
Paddy Power deserves to be rid out - throw your money on us . We are certs , the 'dall are not the team they were and Dunloy are a downright poor nasty side. It is our championship to lose and as long as we get the right protection from refs and linesmen it is ours.

Come on son!!! WUM's try to be a little less obvious.  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

the colonel

We are down to play Glenariffe this weekend. Hopefully come through unscathed

Squad to play Tipp tomorrow. Its actually not a bad squad but Tipp are so strong it'll not be close. Game is on Tg4

Antrim Squad  v Tipperary

Saturday 21st August

Tullamore @ 4pm.

Eoin Gillan
Martin Graham
Cormac Donnelly
Darren Hamill
James Campbell
Christopher Kearns
Christopher Brogan
Kevin Molloy
Neil Cunningham
Michael Devlin
Conor Rocks
Mark Lynch
Terry McAlister
Stephen Shannon
Liam McAuley
Matthew Donnelly
PJ O Connell
Eamon Laverty
Thomas McCann
Michael Armstrong
Conor Carson
Adrian Downey
Martin Burke
Gerard Laverty

Glensman

On the face of it that is a strong squad as you say Colonel.

Am guessing a fair few are still underage next year. If we can get some strong commitment at this age group then there can be serious improvement with some of them.

I hope they realise they have nothing at all to lose and get stuck in.

Minder

It could get very messy tomorrow if Tipp go at it full pelt. That is as good as an U-21 team as I have seen in a while. If they get a decent lead all the seniors will be taken off sharpish.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

I think they might even keep them in reserve. I doubt they'll be needed but on stand by in case of any emergency

EDIT

tipp team named

J Logue; K O'Gorman, J Coghlan, M Cahill; J Barry, Padraic Maher, B Maher; S Hennessy, N McGrath, S Carey, Patrick Maher, B O'Meara; M Heffernan, P Murphy, J O'Dwyer

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on August 20, 2010, 05:50:40 PM
It could get very messy tomorrow if Tipp go at it full pelt. That is as good as an U-21 team as I have seen in a while. If they get a decent lead all the seniors will be taken off sharpish.

Minder they are plus 18!!! do you think they could keep it that close?? thats a hell of a handicap
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2010, 01:04:21 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 20, 2010, 05:50:40 PM

Minder they are plus 18!!! do you think they could keep it that close?? thats a hell of a handicap

They will be doing well to keep it to bet that handicap, of the fellas are rested there will be other fellas busting their balls trying to get a place for the final. Tipp 1/100 to win the match.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"