Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom moore83

Obviously the hurler is deluded and quite obviously he is from another club stirring it up.

Anyway we all know whats ahead of us in Loughgiel. Dunloy Antrim and Ulster champions need I say anymore. A team with at least 70-80 Antrim and Ulster championship winning medals between them.

Have Loughgiel a chance. Well of course they have a chance. Dunloy rightly so will be favourites but on any given day Loughgiel are capable of beating Dunloy and given that it is a semi final and not a final they will be under less pressure.

I hear that that young Babs is getting the most out of Loughgiel this year so they will be dangerous but Dunloy arent Antrim an Ulster champions for nothing. Their management and players know what it takes and have serious experience.

So can anyone stirring the sh1t at least have the balls to say what club your from and stop impersonating people from Loughgiel. Are you really that scare of them or just embarressed to say what club your from.

Fairhead

Quote from: Link on August 16, 2010, 10:12:01 AM
Quote from: Fairhead on August 15, 2010, 11:34:09 PM
First game was poor i thought but a win is a win so happy enough. Glenariffe had 3 or 4 wides in first 5/6 mins of 2nd half and if they had got them things could have been different. Took Ballycastle a good 10 mins to get going in the 2nd half but they took some nice scores after that and the only shock towards the end of the game was that Glenariffe kept 15 players on the field. I thought they lost their discipline and were very ragged towards the end. Cushendall won't be losing any sleep tonight after watching that match and they will be big favourites for the semi.

Dunloy do look like the team to beat still. Some of the intelligence, movement and team play from them was superb tonight. Rossa did hit a bagful of wides right enough but even if they had got some of them the Dunloy forwards looked like they could have got the scores when needed. Rossa have some talent to work with for the future though (i liked the look of their 2 corner forwards in spells) and if they keep developing they will be contenders again in a few years.

Unless the Shamrocks get it right on the day i cant see past a Cushendall Dunloy final again.

Who were they? Armstong and Turley by any chance?

No. 13 was Turley but 15 was a Chris McGuinness and he certainly has pace. Early in the game he skinned 2 Dunloy defenders and came in on the endline and got a point out of although it did look wide. 19 wides overall though for Rossa and thats too much.

pdiddy

wise words tommoore. What about mr watson? Is he back on the straight and narrow? Anyone know if graffin is coming back for the semi?
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

tom moore83

Watson was never of the straight an narrow with the club. Typical nonsense about his antics from people outside the team who speculate and create bullshit about him and his actions. His discipline under young Babs has been excellent and in fairness young Babs knows how to work with him and he seems to respect that.

Because of who he is he attracts more attention than other players. There is no doubt that he will play on Sunday week, barring injury. I know that the club and Donegal Celtic have an arrangement about training and matches so all is good. People need to realise that Watson makes a living playing soccer.

Unfortunately we have a few injuries so we'll be hoping that they clear up in time to give us every chance of progressing

johnneycool

I take it this young Babs you talk about is big PJ?

Is Nelson a coach and advisor then?

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on August 17, 2010, 09:20:13 AM
I take it this young Babs you talk about is big PJ?

Is Nelson a coach and advisor then?

Must be this type of arrangement johnny ;D

or

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

thehurler

My point is Dunloy yes are holders but in my opinion they are the worst team in the last 20 years to win a senior championship. Yes every year for the last few we are being touted as winners and through a variety of reasons we have fallen short but this year especially with young babs as you call him , jim nelson etc i co-ordinating things and the standard having fallen i feel we will beat Dunloy easily and shade the dall in the final.My only worry is our own disipline and that Dunloy's nasty play will go unpunished by the ref and linesmen etc..
Regarding Winker I  stand over my claim that he is one of the best hurlers in Ireland. We have been knocking on the door for so long and with our history, this year we will open it and go far.

theskull1

Even if you're are old enough, I would doubt a half wit like you would have the brain power to remember the last 20 years championship teams. Listen to your "fellow clubman" tommoore and give us all a break.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Last Man

"We have been knocking on the door for so long and with our history, this year we will open it and go far."
The sooner you forget about this history bullshit the sooner you might get your hands on "Big Ears".
And as for Winker, a flawed genius would be my take on him so best not pile on too much expectation.

pdiddy

Guys, stop responding to this fool !!
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

NAG1

Aye I think he is on the wind up. Since only 3 teams have managed to win the championship in the last 20 odd years he hasnt a leg to stand on.

pdiddy

Loughgiel beat Ballycran last night in the Ulster League after extra time.  Any reports?

Last Man

Yer man Blaney the manager is a fanatic, he has the Crans burstin for an Ulster and they might just be coming back on form at the right time. Would say they're as focused as L'giel think they are, but they are sadly f#cked as history dictates they would not be as deserving of it as the Shams. :D

NAG1

Hi scoring at Corrigan last night! What way does that leave things now?