Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Just beaten by dunloy 2-13 to 3-16. Two bad goals in the second half stopped us making a better game of it.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on August 03, 2010, 04:39:03 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 03, 2010, 03:56:21 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 03, 2010, 01:22:36 PM
Cushendall    2-12   2-19   Ballycran

Big win for Ballycran. Was anyone at the match?

It looks liike fight between Ballygalget and Ballycastle to avoid relegation. Sundays match is very important!

I would say it is a three way battle with ourselves also involved.

That's a good win for Ballycran alright and might be enough for them.

We've the Dunlodians tomorrow and Ballycastle on Sunday with the sunday game being more important as it's a 4 pointer using Sky sports parlance. I think after that we've
cushendall and portaferry away so there's no easy points on offer.

Minder,
do you still have Ballycastle to play?

Aye in late August I think JC, play them in the championship on August 15th. In fairness to our manager he keeps them at it even when we are out of the championship. Years ago the tools were downed when we were out of the championship (which was sometimes in June in the old format!)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

The town beat Portaferry by two  :(

Fairhead

Quote from: Minder on August 04, 2010, 09:07:03 PM
The town beat Portaferry by two  :(

Sorry Minder i will have to disagree with you on that result  ;D

Its impossible to predict how the league is going to end up this year. A team could get 9/10 points and still be relegated

Milltown Row2

Bredagh are the Div 4 champions after last nights match in Cherryvale. decent team with plenty of pace and good hurlers they will stay in div 3 for sure and could well progress in a few years time into div 2.

I tried my best to spoil the party but they ran out 1-20 to 2-11 winners in a hard fought match.

Lecale 2 give my apologies to the two lads that i accidentally walloped, for once i didn't intentionally hurt them ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bredaghgael86

Good man mr2. was  tough game alright with a few loose ones by both teams. youse have a few handy hurlers in that team and we were glad just to get through it. no disrespect to any of the teams, but its good to get out of that league, hopefully show well next year in div3.........as long as the leagues arent changed again. ;)

Lecale2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2010, 02:26:24 PM

Lecale 2 give my apologies to the two lads that i accidentally walloped, for once i didn't intentionally hurt them ;)

Thanks Milltown. Was a tight enough game.

Charlie has two broken fingers and Liam needed 22 stitches around his ear. Big Donal our full forwarded stitched him in the changing rooms!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 05, 2010, 05:33:42 PM

Charlie has two broken fingers and Liam needed 22 stitches around his ear. Big Donal our full forwarded stitched him in the changing rooms!
Quote from: bredaghgael86 on August 05, 2010, 04:53:15 PM
Good man mr2. was  tough game alright with a few loose ones by both teams. youse have a few handy hurlers in that team and we were glad just to get through it. no disrespect to any of the teams, but its good to get out of that league, hopefully show well next year in div3.........as long as the leagues arent changed again. ;)
hope your lads are fine for Championship.

No disrespect taken Bredaghgael, yourselves and St Endas are better than that league. we had the  bear bones last night but they wanted to perform infront of the crowd that had gathered to watch the game.

enjoyed the league this year, was competitive in all the games and thats all you can ask for.

how will youse fair in the Down Championship?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Lecale2

Your right about St Enda's. They should be playing at a higher level. Maybe 4A & $B will be amalgamated but St Enda's should be moved up.

How come your IIs play in the All County rather than S Antrim?

bredaghgael86

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 05, 2010, 09:00:53 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 05, 2010, 05:33:42 PM

Quote from: bredaghgael86 on August 05, 2010, 04:53:15 PM
hope your lads are fine for Championship.

No disrespect taken Bredaghgael, yourselves and St Endas are better than that league. we had the  bear bones last night but they wanted to perform infront of the crowd that had gathered to watch the game.

enjoyed the league this year, was competitive in all the games and thats all you can ask for.

how will youse fair in the Down Championship?

Not too sure about the championship just yet, it will be very tough. Though on the plus side we play on the 22nd so it gives us  good chance to get out on the traning pitch and hopefully get ourselves a bit sharper, fingers crossed we will do alright.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 05, 2010, 10:18:22 PM
Your right about St Enda's. They should be playing at a higher level. Maybe 4A & $B will be amalgamated but St Enda's should be moved up.

How come your IIs play in the All County rather than S Antrim?

about ten years ago we decided to take the team out of South Antrim as it was of a poor standard so we entered the All County leagues. we had great success winning a Junior Championship, beaten finalist a year later and winning two leagues. played in division two for two years before the county put us in the reserve leagues.

the south antrim board started the leagues up again two years ago and we entered them again and they have been run pretty well since.

funny how things change. our seniors in division two now when our reserve team was there only 4 years ago!!

theskull1

A bit of stickwork milltown and youse wouldn't be a D2 side
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

training Skull thats all we need, incident last night, i'm standing trying to get players out for our reserves, on the phone doing the usual 'where are ya' one of our minors comes do with his gear for minor hurling training only to find out its not on, so happy days he'll make 15!! no he promptly heads down to the pitch with the senior footballers!!!! the same lad could not get on any of his juvenile teams never mind any of our 3 senior teams!!!!!

we have a load of players chasing medals and tracksuits and believe they are part of the 'team' but really they will only warm the bench if they are lucky

that lad won't be playing on any teams that i'll look after. rant over

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on August 06, 2010, 12:02:53 AM
A bit of stickwork milltown and youse wouldn't be a D2 side

how long have we been saying that? Will never happen when they are as strong in football.

On a sidenote - DD Quinn was unceremoniously hauled off last night against us after letting a couple of soft goals in. Can imagine there will be all sorts of huffing and puffing and fallouts from that.

Milltown Row2

he has done that the odd time but was at his brilliant best against us in the championship!!