Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

I've no doubt that st johns will win the antrim championship and the only team i-d fear should they win their own championship would be keady. the problem after that would be the english champs then its munster or leinster winners! just cause we did ok last year doesn-t mean the johnnies will. totally different route
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CountyGK

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2010, 06:07:20 PM
I've no doubt that st johns will win the antrim championship and the only team i-d fear should they win their own championship would be keady. the problem after that would be the english champs then its munster or leinster winners! just cause we did ok last year doesn-t mean the johnnies will. totally different route

Middletown would be favourites for the Armagh Senior Cship this yr, a mainly young team compared to Keady, but Keady were strong fav's last yr and Middletown beat them well in the final, so you never know!

drici

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 27, 2010, 06:07:20 PM

Ulster Intermediate Hurling Championship:
(If a team that is not Keady win the Armagh SHC then they will compete in the Intermediate Championship:)

Quarter Finals:
Sunday October 3rd
Monaghan v Fermanagh
Tyrone v Down

Semi Finals:
Sunday October 10th
Antrim v Monaghan or Fermanagh
Armagh v Tyrone or Down

Final:
Sunday October 24th

Red Hurley

Are Keady and Middletown the only two teams that compete in the Armagh Championship, are everyone else Junior then ?

nrico2006

Armagh Cuchulains and Sean Treacys also compete in the Senior. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

funtime frankie

I see from the South Antrim fixtures that St Galls are not being put out as they are down to play the Gorts or the Johnnies

Anybody any idea what the story is there?

Milltown Row2

first i've heard that Frankie. thats this Monday night.

fixtures say :

1.St Galls/St Pauls v 2. Gnmona/St Johns.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Congrats to the u21's last night didnt make it too the match, watched the Munster match on TG4 and that was some game, some of the best scores I have seen taken at any level.

funtime frankie

Just heard that the SAHC semi-finals have been postponed until further notice.

What's the odds that it will be a typical SA farce and the competition will not be played?

Credit where its due, the SA League has been well run and the games have been regular but I just feel that the McGuigan Cup will be shelved.

Taking MR's point, it would be better to replay the games with eligible players rather than let a committee decide the outcome of a game

Milltown Row2

Yes Frankie the South Antrim leagues have been run really well these last few years. we pulled out of it ten years ago and entered a team in the leagues as the games were wild.

this year the only referee we have had has been Colly McKnight. and hes been very good.

the only answer to this problem is to let all the ungraded players play in the cup. then everyone is playing there strongest team. our team hasn't really changed. in fact our team is stronger than our Div 4 team as the seniors have struggled with numbers and have used a lot of our reserve team players.

Milltown Row2

just heard that St Pauls have their letter in and it wants us out, fair enough. they want to play in the next round, fair enough. And they want the five players (two of which are minors) suspended (apparently thats the rules)

First off, these lads were notified by their manager to play, so to suspend lads that didn't know they'd done wrong is bad craic. secondly the rule is daft, in that the South Antrim board have tried to enter teams in Belfast to promote hurling but because players came on for 10-20 minutes in championship All County, Ulster and the All Ireland series, then they will miss out on their own real Championship.

for them this is their chance to play a final in Casement at their level. if this goes ahead i hope we just pull out of the South Antrim leagues (we wont be missed) and concentrate on the All county leagues.

NAG1

I think if any suspensions are being handed out the club officers will be in trouble too.

Ridiculous rule yet again but if it was in place then not much to be done now

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on July 30, 2010, 08:45:43 AM
I think if any suspensions are being handed out the club officers will be in trouble too.

Ridiculous rule yet again but if it was in place then not much to be done now

In theory the club secretary is the person at fault and would be in for a suspension also.

NAG1

Senior Championship up and running last night and not a mention of it.

Shamrocks off to a good start and all without the prodical son appearing.

imtommygunn

Where was he? Injured?

Strong enough sounding Loughiel team. Be interesting to see what they do later in the summer.