Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Dunloy playing tonight (seniors only) in Ballycastle. Not sure who rescheduled.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Winditup

After watching a  few hurling games this year and a certain winker playing.I!m starting to think if you play up to the county you can get away with murder.(go on stag parties an headbutt your training squad members ) Against glenariff he threw the ball up an deliberately pulled into his marker.Against cushendall the other night he done the same again.Is this becoming his party piece an are the refs to blind to see this ???????

johnneycool

Quote from: Winditup on June 18, 2010, 01:20:13 PM
After watching a  few hurling games this year and a certain winker playing.I!m starting to think if you play up to the county you can get away with murder.(go on stag parties an headbutt your training squad members ) Against glenariff he threw the ball up an deliberately pulled into his marker.Against cushendall the other night he done the same again.Is this becoming his party piece an are the refs to blind to see this ???????

Where's the foul in that?

oisinog

Quote from: johnneycool on June 18, 2010, 02:48:36 PM

Johnny cool don't know where you have been that is now classified as dangerous play and can warrent a yellow card.

Watson has been doing that for years when he is finding it tough he will pull a dirty slap. I have marked him often enough to know.

NAG1

Refs are definitely not pulling it up thats for sure, it seems to be a party piece of SMcN as welll maybe Dinny is coaching it into them at training  ;)

In all fairness there is only only one answer for it when someone does that too you, but if you do that in protecting yourself the way the refs are at the minute you would be in more danger of a card than the guy doing the first act.

johnneycool

Quote from: oisinog on June 18, 2010, 03:02:03 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 18, 2010, 02:48:36 PM

Johnny cool don't know where you have been that is now classified as dangerous play and can warrent a yellow card.

Watson has been doing that for years when he is finding it tough he will pull a dirty slap. I have marked him often enough to know.

If some hoors pulling and dragging at you (also a foul BTW) its the only cure for them.

I was taught it was up to you to protect yourself, maybe things have changed.

Is it also a foul to go up to bat a ball and take the back of a big bare hand with you??

NAG1

JC

your off the level here, what was stated earlier was deliberately throwing the ball into someone and then pulling as hard as you can with no intention of hitting the ball.

By anyones language this is at least a yellow card if not worse, think you may be getting mixed up.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on June 18, 2010, 03:44:28 PM
JC

your off the level here, what was stated earlier was deliberately throwing the ball into someone and then pulling as hard as you can with no intention of hitting the ball.

By anyones language this is at least a yellow card if not worse, think you may be getting mixed up.

Yeah that's a bit different to what I was thinking about.

thehurler

From the jonnycool school of hurling
"If some hoors pulling and dragging at you (also a foul BTW) its the only cure for them"

that attitude from our resident ards man is one of many reasons not to have ards clubs in our leagues , this must be bred into them down there - a very sporting way ! not.

fellow posters don't give a thug the way out it is despicable comments from that fool johnycool.

gelvis

Quote from: johnneycool on June 18, 2010, 04:56:23 PM
JC

One of our boys got 2 months for that from "Terrible" O'Reilly for doing exactly that
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Fairhead

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2010, 09:33:14 PM
Ballycastle    2-16   1-6   Dunloy

Jaysus....

Yikes Johnnycool will be on now saying the North Antrim teams are carving up results among themselves to ensure they all stay up!!! Great result and to be honest a bonus in terms of getting results in the league in order to stay up. Hopefully the team keeps working hard over the next couple of weeks ahead of the league games and the championship in July.

maxpower

Quote from: hardstation on June 18, 2010, 09:33:14 PM
Ballycastle    2-16   1-6   Dunloy

Jaysus....

Some licking we took last night right enough, with virtually the same team that beat ballycastle by 23 points 3 days earilier.

We where simply awful and beat all over the pitch, but take nothing away from the town, they dominated the aerial battles, congested the middle third and moved the ball in quickly to what is now a very mobile and accurate attack, they will be a serious team in the championship and if they sta together and improve have the making of a championship winning team in the next few years.

As for ourselves we probaly didn't need the game, we have alot of lads carrying injuries and it seems to have caught up, a week or two to get ready for the feis final where a much improved performance will be demanded.

Its been a mad season so far with every team losing games and we still have the return games to come, 2 years ago we failed to win a league having lost one and drew one, we've lost three already and still in with a shout
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 18, 2010, 04:56:23 PM
JC

i know what you mean Johnny, pulling hard on the ball is fair game, but throwing the ball into someone and then having a go is a bit different..

sobering up after our annual dinner last night!!!! still have a stamp on my hand from somewhere
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: thehurler on June 18, 2010, 07:47:31 PM
From the jonnycool school of hurling
"If some hoors pulling and dragging at you (also a foul BTW) its the only cure for them"

that attitude from our resident ards man is one of many reasons not to have ards clubs in our leagues , this must be bred into them down there - a very sporting way ! not.

fellow posters don't give a thug the way out it is despicable comments from that fool johnycool.

I'll not be feeding any trolls today, thank you.

Our win against Glenariffe, much needed as it was also brings them and Ballycran who seem to be in freefall at the minute back into the mix which means every result is important.

El Magico flys off stateside this week and will be a huge loss a we're very weak in the forwards with three lads who started up there yesterday realistically bog standard reserve hurlers. Hamstrings seem to be a bit bother some for our lads at the minute!

News Boy

Well done '"the Castle", get in to them Dunloy hooors!!!! Great win, sure to put them in their place.

See, my spelling is improving!!!!!!!!!!!! :P