Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

News Boy

Quote from: maxpower on June 11, 2010, 09:24:43 AM
The two boys that have went stateside, Graffin & McAuley i assume.

quite entitled to go and enjoy life over there while the opportunity is there, am i right in thinking they'll be back for the club championship

Two absolute bolloxes!!!!!!  No loyality to thier county at all, we dont need their likes at all.

Glensman

Quote from: News Boy on June 12, 2010, 09:39:56 PM

quite entitled to go and enjoy life over there while the opportunity is there, am i right in thinking they'll be back for the club championship

Two absolute bolloxes!!!!!!  No loyality to thier county at all, we dont need their likes at all.

And that from a Loughgeil man...

Minder

Quote from: Glensman on June 12, 2010, 11:35:51 PM

I would say he is as much from "Loughguille" as the man on the moon.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on June 12, 2010, 11:37:35 PM

Andytown i'd say
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Scraped another two points tonight against the ports. Looked like they'd done enough until big magic bagged a great goal with half their team hanging out of him at the death to put us 2 up. They had only time to pull one back before raymond matthews blew up as one of their players was about to equalise. 4 home games on the bounce now to hopefully get a few more points on the board

theskull1

Beat Ballycran by 3 tonight (0-18 - 0-15)in an entertaining game. The crans playing with the breeze notched up I think 7 points before Dunloy registered. Eventually got to grips but still went in 6 down at the break (0-7 - 0-13). After the break with the breeze it took the most of the secong half to break ballycran down as they played an extra man behind their half back line where he was picking up a fair bit of ball.  But their attacking threat disappeared at that point and we worked hard up front to go on an take some nice scores to get over the line. Missing a fair few experienced players tonight so it was great to see those deputising playing such an influencial role in tonights win
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

News Boy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2010, 12:15:59 PM

Andytown i'd say

WRONG as ever MR!!!!!!!

News Boy

I was in attendence last night at the county Under 21 Final in Armoy which our boys came out on the wrong side of  :(

Suffice to say the better team won on the evening and a real sterling performance by Hippie.  What was dissapointing though is how our county administartors treat our under age finals.  As an example, no national flag, no national anthem,no parade for the young fellas, no fourth offical, no first aiders and worst of all, a county hurling final venue which in my view was no more than a ploughed field!!!   The pitch is an absolute disgrace and does not lend itself to a good hurling playing surface.

Do our young hurlers not deserve all the pomp and paegentry of a band, parade before the game, the nathional anthem, a fourth offical and first aiders in attendance???? Are our young hurlers, regardless of age not entitled to the same as our seniors?   Ah, but I forgot, this is 'hurling' afterall and is treated as such by our county officlas.

However, a great game of manful and competive hurling for the large crowd.  That boyo 'Duffy' did a good job also in refereeing, let the game flow, played the advantage and contributed to a good fast game.  Congrats to Ballycastle. (and that from a Loughgiel person).

News Boy

Quote from: News Boy on June 14, 2010, 09:20:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 13, 2010, 12:15:59 PM

Andytown i'd say

WRONG as ever MR2!!!!!!!

Onthehill

News Boy's finally realised how to spell his clubs name.  ;D ;D

Minder

Quote from: Onthehill on June 15, 2010, 10:37:08 AM
News Boy's finally realised how to spell his clubs name.  ;D ;D

Aye it was a red flag alright.

theskull1

Can someone explain the history behind the 2 spellings?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

NO

So whats the story with the Ulster Championship, is the final sunday week and then the qualifier the following sunday then?

Should Antrim win both is the next round the following week, so realistically it could be the July holidays before another club game is played after this sunday?

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on June 15, 2010, 01:54:18 PM
NO

So whats the story with the Ulster Championship, is the final sunday week and then the qualifier the following sunday then?

Should Antrim win both is the next round the following week, so realistically it could be the July holidays before another club game is played after this sunday?

The qualifier is Saturday 3rd July.

NAG1

So Ulster final 27th June, a weeks break then play again in Qualifier 3rd July. Win that and then its another week with no club action, so it will be the July holidays before another club game is played.

Not giving out for a change just wondering if this was the case?

Thanks skull  ;)