Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Was the year the County chuck us out of the league!!!

Still playing ya know ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Jerry Wallis suffering from Dinnyitus, must be contageous. Tipping Antrim for a Semi spot. I think our own SD caught it a few years ago as well
the difference between success and failure is energy

clootfromthe21

Quote from: the colonel on June 10, 2010, 04:47:19 PM
Jerry Wallis suffering from Dinnyitus, must be contageous. Tipping Antrim for a Semi spot. I think our own SD caught it a few years ago as well

Where/to whom was he saying this??????

What's the story on the lads going away - have they gone?

the colonel

Its on hoganstand

2 boys went this morning

Onthehill

Quote from: the colonel on June 10, 2010, 04:47:19 PM

Its a bit like Dinny a few years ago. They made a heading out of a nothing.  I read the article a couple of times. You have to understand what hes saying about getting to a semi final spot.  Its probably unrealistic at the minute. If the draw was favourable I would say who knows what can happen.  I dont know about the rest of you guys but I would tend to listen to a man that has trained a team to three all irelands.

BTW does anyone know which 'premier counties' he turned down. I know Davy from Waterford asked him to go with him and he turned him down to come to Antrim.

NAG1

Yeah I think he is coming up with a few IFS and Maybes, thing is why did he need to say this at this point.

IMO after a good performance againsat Offaly, should they not have put their heads down not said a word and attempt to come in under the radar, this is a serious game for them and should not be looked past.

What would give us the right to look past Laois at this stage?

maxpower

The two boys that have went stateside, Graffin & McAuley i assume.

quite entitled to go and enjoy life over there while the opportunity is there, am i right in thinking they'll be back for the club championship
What happens next????

Milltown Row2

good lads and fair play, they have traveled the length and breadth of Ireland for Antrim in league games in the past, i'm sure they will be representing Antrim next year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

MR2 settle down there now, they have both been on the county scene for a couple of seasons max!

Of course they are entitled to go and fair play, but lets not be painting them as stalwarts just yet!

the colonel

they both been in the squad since they were out of minor and would have had 3years on the squads (maybe this is their 4).

kind of opportunity for them to do now at the end of uni and will be back in september i think

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on June 11, 2010, 12:16:48 PM
MR2 settle down there now, they have both been on the county scene for a couple of seasons max!

Of course they are entitled to go and fair play, but lets not be painting them as stalwarts just yet!

certainly not stalwarts, (never said they were) but when you have an opportunity to hit the states for the summer then do it, its some craic

Minder

As two county stalwarts depart for America another one returns to the fold.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Minder on June 12, 2010, 07:11:42 PM
Heard that...was he only asked back on after the Offaly match? Why not before???

clootfromthe21

who dat?

Minder

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on June 12, 2010, 08:57:23 PM

who dat?

Tosh, aye he was only back on Thursday night. Strange.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"