Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightysaffrons

Quote from: Guillem2 on April 23, 2007, 08:06:54 AM
Division 2 result from yesterday: Glenarm  1-18 0-5 Cushendun. Big win for Glenarm. Were Cushendun missing a few?

Cross & Passion lost the Colleges B final to the school from wexford.

by many? wat score?

Tony Baloney

CPC were beaten by 6 points but not sure of the score as haven't seen any reports yet.

clootfromthe21

CPC lost 1-11 to 8 points.

I got there late and left early - despite being only two points down at half time (having missed at least three scorable frees) and having played into a strong enough breeze in the first half, CPC never really imposed themselves in the second. A goal from a penalty half way through the second half was the ending of the contest.

CPC certainly didn't disgrace themselves but the Wexford team were always that bit better. Read in the IN today that CPC had a large number of youngsters on the team (including a couple of under 14s). That goes some way to explaining yesterday - CPC had a number of quite small, slight fellas on the team while Bunclody were big enough throughout.

Bunclody made much better use of the ball e.g. looking up to try to deliver a good ball to a team mate, while CPC's backs tended simply to try clear the ball any which way. A number of clearances fell into a totally unmarked Bunclody players who popped it back over the bar.

That said, fair play to CPC for getting so far, particularly given their (relatively) small pick at the age level.

Mind you, had a look at the "A" final on tv before heading to the game - there was some difference in standard! Some of that could be put down to the pitch at Fingallians , which wasn't great for hurling, but I think the Ulster "A" champions shoulod stay at "B" level in the All Ireland series for a while yet!

Ruairi Og exile

Cloot...you arrived late & left early...was that so you didnt have to pay in you miserable hoor & then you could beat the traffic after ???

Aye unlucky to C+P, good achievement to get there just maybe a couple of players short(hence the U14'S)

clootfromthe21

Ten euros it cost me to gain admittance my exiled friend - was late because I had some difficulty locating fingallians grounds. Mind you, you're spot on about the reason for the early exit!

milltown row

not much talk lads about the first round of league games. we play Ballygalget tonight first point is why at 7 pm madness asking them to come to our pitch for that time. think this game will be close we drew with them last year in a game we should have won, lost won then nearly lost. we are trying to generate a good buzz in the hurling squad at the minute soo a good league campaign is what's needed

johnneycool

We beat St Galls last night, 2-14 to 1-10.

Didn't make it over to the game, Milltown were you at it?

milltown row

Yes, came on late. The game was level at half time and your lads came out and scored a goal and a point without reply heads dropped and took us a bit to get back in, got a goal with 8 min to go then started chasing more goals. Clarke was outstanding in nets and your two midfielders were very fit plenty of running, Mc Grattan came on after ten mins as you missed some frees, didn't miss too many after wards. Full blown game with a lot of hard tackles we are missing a some and for games like that we need to have all are big players on board. Good exercise but our lads are disappointed at dropping points.

Still, impressed with Ballygalget and having played Portaferry this year I'd say they are a lot better

Guillem2

Wednesday 25th April 2007
Antrim Division 1 Hurling

Rossa  0-17 1-6 Sarsfields 
St. Galls  1-10 2-14 Ballygalget 

Antrim Division 2 Hurling

Shane O Neills  5-14 1-8 Rasharkin   
Tir na Nog  1-11 1-14 Gaeil Chluana
Cushendun  3-8 0-11 Glenravel

Antrim Division 3 Hurling

Ardoyne  3-11 2-14 St. Pauls 2 
Davitts  3-11 0-0 Na fuiseoig   
St. Endas  2-7 1-6 St. Agnes   
Creggan Gaels  7-13 2-5 Sarsfields 2
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Ruairi Og exile

Milltown, I agree with you regarding throw in times, we played Ballygalget during the week a couple of years ago at home, really tough for Ballygalget boys to make it down to Cushendall after work...they beat us by a point though  :-[

Cushendall at home to Ballycastle tonight, should be tough match as we have a few injuries, & a couple out of the country at the minute. Appartantly Neil McManus out for 6 weeks with a back injury he suffered as a 16 year old due til too much Hurling. Same debate as Paul Shields a few weeks ago possibly

youngfella

i heard neal mcauley and hippy donnelly had something simlar a wild back. its the burnout. young fellas doing 2 much.
Pull hard and early

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: youngfella on April 26, 2007, 03:53:47 PM
i heard neal mcauley and hippy donnelly had something simlar a wild back. its the burnout. young fellas doing 2 much.

You should be safe enough from burnout......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

youngfella

aye i would be posting from the côte d'Azur. wat a brilliant day! wheres tonight game beiong played at ?
Pull hard and early

johnneycool

Ruairi Og exile

Cushendall & Ballycastle drew 1-14 all last night. Conor McCambridge scored with a free in last poc of the game to get draw. The free was actually brought forward to make it easier due to some talking back from Ballycastle players(I think). Fair enough result I would reckon, both teams missed alot of easy chances but some good scores taken. Not very exciting match only sparked to life in last 5-10 minutes