Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on May 24, 2010, 03:44:29 PM
i think your so far of the mark in the comparisons, so there must be an alternative motive. and of course mcmanus is a fantastic hurler

You can have whatever conspiracy theories you like but I don't think I am the only one outside Cushendall that thinks Watson is a far better player than McNaughton.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Onthehill

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on May 24, 2010, 12:42:34 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on May 24, 2010, 09:14:24 AM
Watson is due to be back at county training on Tuesday night maybe just needed the weekend off cant think why.

Is this a wind-up????????????

Antrim county board should apply for an injunction against him. >:( >:( >:( Shouldnt be within 1 mile of casement grounds or county players. He's a great hurler but can anybody other than myself not see what its doing to us preparing for Offaly. When a nonder god are we going to learn. 

theskull1

Think we need a top trumps scoring system to find some common ground in this pointless point of debate
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: the colonel on May 24, 2010, 03:44:29 PM
i think your so far of the mark in the comparisons, so there must be an alternative motive. and of course mcmanus is a fantastic hurler

A statement beginning with "I think" does not logically lead to "there must".

Milltown Row2

It's very simple. Antrim's preparations have been shite and i think that will reflect in the scoreline this Sunday. if we don't improve then we may even get caught out in Ulster.

I'll be there in Parnell Park cheering the lads on, as I've done for many games but i can't see us getting over the line against a beatable Offaly team. we had 18 away on a bonding trip the other week!! whats that say about players attitudes towards playing for their county.

As for Watson he is a quality player and so is Shane. both have there own strong points, if your looking a player with serious pace then Shane has it over Watson(though Watson is fast when on the ball). if your looking a player who can get 2-14 (albeit a lot from frees) in a game then Watson is your man.

who's the best? well that depends on what you like or want.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Yeah they are different horses for different courses but both on their day can be match winners.

Porblem is how could we get four more like them and get them playing in a functioning forward line for Antrim at the weekend?

Milltown Row2

they are there we just need to instill some work ethic and belief. at the minute i feel 60 percent of the squad don't give a hoot!!

your a long time not playing hurling and by fook i'm holding on by my finger tips as i love the sport, these guys have the best set up Antrims ever had in terms of being looked after. and what happens?? they cant be bothered.

if you feel that the trainings too hard and the weekends away playing challenge match and league games is too much then step away.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Is the Antrim match on the tv?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

johnneycool

We finally got our first win last night against our nearest and dearest neighbours Ballycran.

2-17 to 2-10 it ended up in what was a keanly contested game if lacking a bit of quality at times. Big Magic was unworkable with Ballycran struggling to get him stopped. He's now starting to find his team mates with passes which in the longer term will give himself more room to operate. A few of our minors are starting to find their feet at this level so its not all doom and gloom however once we lose two or three to injury and the likes we're very weak from the bench, Ballycran ditto.

Have to say Tommy McIntyre did a good job and even though there was a bit of skulduggery going on the odd time, had it under control.

NAG1

Thats a big result after a shakey enough start for the 'Galget'.

theskull1

Tommy Mac can be a top class referee, but I've watched plenty of games involving ourselves where his officiating has been brutal. He's meant to protect the players but some of the challenges (where there been blatent intent to injury) he's let go is shocking at times. Seems to be the further he goes south the better he gets. Maybe thats a jaundiced view but I'm trying hard not to be
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

Think that goes for a few of the refs cant spot the most dangerous blatant fouls in the games but yet pull the more techincal fouls all day long. I would be for letting a few of the more borderline technical stuff go (ala Munster and south in general) and clamping down on the more seriously dangerous pulls and slaps.

I would like to see a panel of the refs come together with a group of players/ officals not in a confrontational manner but just to have a chat about where they are coming from and see if they can learn from the players and vice versa. It happens alot in professional sports so why couldnt it happen here if it would improve the standard across the board.

gelvis

Heard Dinny at the weekend, says Watson's definately not left the panel.  Apparantly hes had the stag organised for 8 months and is going to be the best man and everything.  All signs point to him being on the bench for the Offaly game and brought on before half time.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Fairhead

Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2010, 11:27:33 AM
We finally got our first win last night against our nearest and dearest neighbours Ballycran.

2-17 to 2-10 it ended up in what was a keanly contested game if lacking a bit of quality at times. Big Magic was unworkable with Ballycran struggling to get him stopped. He's now starting to find his team mates with passes which in the longer term will give himself more room to operate. A few of our minors are starting to find their feet at this level so its not all doom and gloom however once we lose two or three to injury and the likes we're very weak from the bench, Ballycran ditto.

Have to say Tommy McIntyre did a good job and even though there was a bit of skulduggery going on the odd time, had it under control.

That was a bad result for Ballycastle last night leaving them adrift at the bottom of the league. We know Ballycran and Ballygalget are near neighbours and matches are generally tight between them but going on the form book i would have fancied Ballycran. Ballycastle will have to get the results now rather than rely on other teams staying down there with them.

Johnneycool whats the story with Big Magic? The papers have been saying recently that he was unavailable for Down as he is going to the States but he has been playing away for the club obviously. Im sure Down could have done with him last weekend against Westmeath.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fairhead on May 26, 2010, 12:02:27 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on May 25, 2010, 11:27:33 AM

That was a bad result for Ballycastle last night leaving them adrift at the bottom of the league. We know Ballycran and Ballygalget are near neighbours and matches are generally tight between them but going on the form book i would have fancied Ballycran. Ballycastle will have to get the results now rather than rely on other teams staying down there with them.

Johnneycool whats the story with Big Magic? The papers have been saying recently that he was unavailable for Down as he is going to the States but he has been playing away for the club obviously. Im sure Down could have done with him last weekend against Westmeath.

i wouldn't worry Fairhead, leagues will surely change if that was to happen. ;) after all it was Ballycastle that offered the current format which St Johns (now a division two team) backed. hopefully a bit of Karma will head towards the 'towns' way