Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Watson is due to be back at county training on Tuesday night maybe just needed the weekend off cant think why.

Thing is Offaly are still at a very low ebb and would be there for the taking with some decent preparation but this doesnt seem to be the case at the minute.

Minder

Quote from: Shrek on May 24, 2010, 09:06:41 AM
Quote from: the colonel on May 23, 2010, 11:27:33 AM
It was mentioned as talented hurlers, not talented forwards. Minder to say he's twice the hurler shane is way over the top. Watson may be talented, but I'd rather have the boys previously mentioned because you know exactly what your getting from them. They'll not let you down. They have done it consistently for us on big days, as shorty has for dunloy. And yes 3 hurl for us (thank god) but that just shouldn't sway my opinion.

Minders only annoyed you didnt mention Glenariffe players.........oh, and also hes an idiot.

Mmm considering there are no Glenariffe players up with the county I am not sure why he would have.Yep I really crave recognition for Glenariffe players on an internet discussion board, it really is essential. You really are a 24 carat p***k.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Minder is that a coincidence to your good start to the season? That you have no players playing and training with the county set up?

Minder

Quote from: NAG1 on May 24, 2010, 09:39:43 AM
Minder is that a coincidence to your good start to the season? That you have no players playing and training with the county set up?

Might be, I do think the standard isn't great either though and some of our fellas seem to have cut out the slabbering to the ref, (Tosh excluded!), which we have always been desperate for. They get punished at training now if the ref moves the ball forward for dissent. It is still very early in the year and I dont think there will be much between us and Ballycastle in the championship.

NAG1

Bit of tongue in cheek there Minder

But I would have to agree that I think you will be able for the town come championship time. Have always looked at your team and thought there was way more potential in it if someone could instil some discipline on a few different levels. The way games are at the moment ildiscipline will cost you most matches.

the colonel

It was mentioned as talented hurlers, not talented forwards. Minder to say he's twice the hurler shane is way over the top. Watson may be talented, but I'd rather have the boys previously mentioned because you know exactly what your getting from them. They'll not let you down. They have done it consistently for us on big days, as shorty has for dunloy. And yes 3 hurl for us (thank god) but that just shouldn't sway my opinion.

Minders only annoyed you didnt mention Glenariffe players.........oh, and also hes an idiot.

Glenarriffe jelousy or hatred for cushendall, there's something new
the difference between success and failure is energy

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on May 24, 2010, 11:47:26 AM

So if someone doesent agree with you it is "hatred" and "jealousy", interesting analysis.

Shrek

Quote from: Minder on May 24, 2010, 11:49:49 AM
Quote from: the colonel on May 24, 2010, 11:47:26 AM

So if someone doesent agree with you it is "hatred" and "jealousy", interesting analysis.

dont know and dont care about the hatred thing etc, etc - i just think your an idiot.

its little wonder this discussion board and this thread in particular has a bad name with idiot's like you on it.

the colonel

Minder its as interesting as your analysis that watson is twice the hurler of shane which is complete bull

Minder

What problems do you have with the thread in particular Shrek ? Have you ever offered or proffessed an opinion on anything vaguely related to Antrim hurling on it ? Maybe you could clean it up on behalf of Dr Mc Sparran. I have a feeling though you wouldn't know what end of a hurl to use.

Minder

Quote from: the colonel on May 24, 2010, 12:22:43 PM
Minder its as interesting as your analysis that watson is twice the hurler of shane which is complete bull

My opinion and your opinion........ Yet mine is driven by "jealousy" and "hatred". Just because someone doesent agree with you doesent mean there is anything personal or sinister at hand. If I say I think McManus is a fantastic player would that placate you at all?

Shrek

Quote from: Minder on May 24, 2010, 12:24:39 PM
What problems do you have with the thread in particular Shrek ? Have you ever offered or proffessed an opinion on anything vaguely related to Antrim hurling on it ? Maybe you could clean it up on behalf of Dr Mc Sparran. I have a feeling though you wouldn't know what end of a hurl to use.

Where did i say i had a problem with this thread, there is quite a lot of very sensible people with very good opinions on this thread (unlike yourself)

So does the fact that i never really hurled or dont come from a hurling club means i know nothing about the game?

i could post that last statement about your good self as well and also i have plenty of my own opnions about the good Doc which i will not post here.

clootfromthe21

Quote from: NAG1 on May 24, 2010, 09:14:24 AM
Watson is due to be back at county training on Tuesday night maybe just needed the weekend off cant think why.

Is this a wind-up????????????

NAG1

No its not a wind up!

the colonel

i think your so far of the mark in the comparisons, so there must be an alternative motive. and of course mcmanus is a fantastic hurler